Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Sabonis to declare

Quote Originally Posted by 75Zag View Post
    One of the worst things I have seen on this board over the past 9 or 10 years is a tendency to vilify players who may consider leaving GU early. They are not your spurned lover(s). They are young men who, with their family and advisers, are making a decision about their futures. I wish all of them well, and I regret the direct and indirect harsh comments here.

Go Bulldogs!
    good post

Quote Originally Posted by 75Zag View Post
    One of the worst things I have seen on this board over the past 9 or 10 years is a tendency to vilify players who may consider leaving GU early. They are not your spurned lover(s). They are young men who, with their family and advisers, are making a decision about their futures. I wish all of them well, and I regret the direct and indirect harsh comments here.

Go Bulldogs!
    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    100% agree. And I suspect he has some pretty good advice on his NBA prospects, probably better than any other player making the same jump.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Bingo .... and attaboy '75 for pointing this out ....
    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    good post
    I'm piling on. This is so on-point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

It not like anyone is speaking ill of Domas. I think Jazz is right to say wheat he said. It might sound harsh. Altruism and love for your university only goes so far. Things do change. Simply put, something changes in life. The kid's core doesn't change but the options/needs might. Domas does truly love our place and his friends but things do change. Apparently he thinks his future is brighter wil money and a pro team. SO be it.
    I don't think he'll hire an agent until he's got something locked up. Even then, I wouldn't. I just get a good lawyer and have a plan to protect his winnings over the years.
    Ask a kid at 20 what his options are. Ask the same kid the same questions at 30-35, I think we'd be shocked at how the answers and options would be different. We love the kid. We also love the university and we need a FF and a title. While we likely won't get either next year without Domas.........it's real disappointing to lose him. Frustrating even. It's almost the grief process.

We should be glad we've had Domas. His performaces gave us life when we were headed downward after Shem was no more this past season. We also should be glad we have Jazz an impassioned guy who loves the team.........and what GU stands for. I know I am.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    It not like anyone is speaking ill of Domas. I think Jazz is right to say wheat he said. It might sound harsh. Altruism and love for your university only goes so far. Things do change. Simply put, something changes in life. The kid's core doesn't change but the options/needs might. Domas does truly love our place and his friends but things do change. Apparently he thinks his future is brighter wil money and a pro team. SO be it.
    I don't think he'll hire an agent until he's got something locked up. Even then, I wouldn't. I just get a good lawyer and have a plan to protect his winnings over the years.
    Ask a kid at 20 what his options are. Ask the same kid the same questions at 30-35, I think we'd be shocked at how the answers and options would be different. We love the kid. We also love the university and we need a FF and a title. While we likely won't get either next year without Domas.........it's real disappointing to lose him. Frustrating even. It's almost the grief process.

We should be glad we've had Domas. His performaces gave us life when we were headed downward after Shem was no more this past season. We also should be glad we have Jazz an impassioned guy who loves the team.........and what GU stands for. I know I am.
    Domas' performance in the tournament pushed him into a lottery pick IMO. Would he have had 20+ double-doubles had Karno not been injured? Doubtful, he would have remained one of the best sixth men in the country.

His efforts played a huge role in keeping The Streak alive, and making it to the Sweet Sixteen. Even if he came back and won the Wooden award next year, I don't think his draft status would improve enough to stay one more year.

Good luck Domas!

I had a REAL crazy dream last night!!!!!! HELP!

The Zags had just won the National Championship in Phoenix. AZ. Domas climbed up the ladder to cut down the last piece of net after being awarded the Final4 MVP!

Then you know how dreams go right???? Domas actually fell right through the basket after cutting the net. He had his hand in the air with the piece of net in his hand and he was FALLING fast towards the floor! His mom/dad and Karno then both caught him as he fell from the hoop! It was crazy!!!!!!!!!

The dream ended with all the Zags fans rushing the court led by Jazz with a cigar in his mouth. I looked up from the floor and saw Reborn crying like a baby in happiness! He was wearing a Gonzaga ski cap! A ski cap in Arizona!

Val

Quote Originally Posted by ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta View Post
    I had a REAL crazy dream last night!!!!!! HELP!

The Zags had just won the National Championship in Phoenix. AZ. Domas climbed up the ladder to cut down the last piece of net after being awarded the Final4 MVP!

Then you know how dreams go right???? Domas actually fell right through the basket after cutting the net. He had his hand in the air with the piece of net in his hand and he was FALLING fast towards the floor! His mom/dad and Karno then both caught him as he fell from the hoop! It was crazy!!!!!!!!!

The dream ended with all the Zags fans rushing the court led by Jazz with a cigar in his mouth. I looked up from the floor and saw Reborn crying like a baby in happiness! He was wearing a Gonzaga ski cap! A ski cap in Arizona!

Val
    Next time, cut the Ambien in half.

What kind of cigar?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Domas' performance in the tournament pushed him into a lottery pick IMO. Would he have had 20+ double-doubles had Karno not been injured? Doubtful, he would have remained one of the best sixth men in the country.

His efforts played a huge role in keeping The Streak alive, and making it to the Sweet Sixteen. Even if he came back and won the Wooden award next year, I don't think his draft status would improve enough to stay one more year.

Good luck Domas!
    When you refer to a " lottery pick" do you mean top three, top eleven or top fourteen?

Please forgive my ignorance if this is a dumb question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    When you refer to a " lottery pick" do you mean top three, top eleven or top fourteen?

Please forgive my ignorance if this is a dumb question.
    Top 14 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Top 14 pick.
    And for what it's worth, the lottery since 1990 comprised the non-playoff teams, so when the NBA had less teams, the lottery was smaller. It was 11 at one time I believe.
    Agent provocateur

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post

What kind of cigar?
    [IMG]Gurkha-Black-Dragon-1150.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ZAG 4 LIFE View Post
    [IMG]Gurkha-Black-Dragon-1150.jpg[/IMG]
    dang good choice my friend
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

What kind of cigar?
    Or double it. One or the other, just get out of that zone.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 1m1 minute ago
    Last year 48 college underclassmen declared for the draft. This year, by my count, we already have 69.

Domas is top 3 of the big men coming out according to NBC.

I have just used my "Administrative" powers as a Mod to "edit"' the misleading Subject Head of this thread, which until minutes ago read "Sabonis to declare and sign agent".

That was not the case ....

Here are a few recently gleaned "tidbits"'that will not be found in any internet link ... but are true nonetheless. The Sabonis family is intent on a couple of things. Domas, his mom and his dad understand that Domas WILL get his Gonzaga degree. That is important to all of them (his dad wasn't initially as "keen" on Domas going to the US for college but has had a change of heart due to his experiences of the last 2 years).

Domas has NOT hired an agent ... and has no plans to do so until AFTER the "evaluation"'process is complete. IF he turns pro (which is very likely but NOT a given) he will sign with an agent and build his schedule around Summer School at GU and online classes. If he foregoes the draft in '16 (one can dream, right?) then he's back at GU after the Olympics. I don't have "odds"' either way but as I've said before there IS a glimmer of hope.

In other "news" a warm welcome back to Byron Wesley, who is working to complete his Masters degree at Gonzaga. This is relatively unheard of for a Grad Transfer to come back to finish .... but we all learned that Wesley is a heck of a kid.

Thanks for the update.

Last edited by Zagceo; 04-14-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Cool Slim hope better than none

Thanks, GoZags. Still holding out feeble hopes Domas comes back for one more year. Also nice to get update on Wesley, maybe this fan's favorite-ever transfer.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Thanks GoZags. Especially for the edit. The second post in this thread says everything. You know why per sources doesn't come after "will likely sign agent" - yet comes before "will likely sign agent"?

Because it's what Jeff Goodman THINKS, yet has no source on the agent situation
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I have just used my "Administrative" powers as a Mod to "edit"' the misleading Subject Head of this thread, which until minutes ago read "Sabonis to declare and sign agent".

Here are a few recently gleaned "tidbits"'that will not be found in any internet link ... but are true nonetheless. The Sabonis family is intent on a couple of things. Domas, his mom and his dad understand that Domas WILL get his Gonzaga degree. That is important to all of them (his dad wasn't initially as "keen" on Domas going to the US for college but has had a change of heart due to his experiences of the last 2 years).

Domas has NOT hired an agent ... and has no plans to do so until AFTER the "evaluation"'process is complete. IF he turns pro (which is very likely but NOT a given) he will sign with an agent and build his schedule around Summer School at GU and online classes. If he foregoes the draft in '16 (one can dream, right?) then he's back at GU after the Olympics. I don't have "odds"' either way but as I've said before there IS a glimmer of hope.

In other "news" a warm welcome back to Byron Wesley, who is working to complete his Masters degree at Gonzaga. This is relatively unheard of for a Grad Transfer to come back to finish .... but we all learned that Wesley is a heck of a kid.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOU TIME ON THIS TOPIC.
    Last edited by MDABE80; 04-14-2016 at 11:55 PM.

Your update and input is much appreciated GoZags.

Flickering candle of hope.

Flickering candle of hope.
    Everyone shut the windows and turn off the AC - no wind in here.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Thank you so much for this post! I'm so curious to see how this all turns out!

I sure hope for the best for Byron. He was and is a gem.
    Last edited by ZagNative; 04-14-2016 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Thank you so much for this post! I'm so curious to see how this all turns out!

I sure hope for the best for Byron. He was and is a gem.
    +1

Thanks GZ. Have been thinking of BWes a lot lately, wondering what was up. Good for him!!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.