Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sabonis to declare

Default Sabonis to declare

Jeff Goodman ✔ ‎@GoodmanESPN
    Gonzaga big man Domantas Sabonis will declare for the NBA Draft, sources told ESPN. Will likely sign with an agent and head to NBA.

This actually hasn't told us anything. We all knew he was going to declare. Good man says likely sign agent Bc that's what he thinks. This is not a story.
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

" We all knew" ????

Sheet.

Its good for everyone. Congratulations Domas, you earned it.

What a great couple years! Best of luck Domas!!
    Go Zags!!!

Well that's a crappy way to start the morning. Are the Zags ever going to have all the pieces put together at one time again?

Not sure why anyone is remotely shocked here. I'd be more concerned about Shem not coming back. Shem/Collins/Edwards/JW3 is a nice rotation in the 4/5 spots with JW3 also sliding to the 3.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Not sure how I feel about this. Following Gonzaga's games was so much fun these last couple of years.

Ultimately, it's Domas' decision. He and his family know what's best for him.

P.S. Can you please recruit another Lithuanian?

Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this. Following Gonzaga's games was so much fun these last couple of years.

Why stop???
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post

We can absolutely recruit another Lithuanian, but we better not have to recruit another Lithuanian poster. I hope you stay on the board and follow the Zags just as intensely as before. Once a Zag, always a Zag, stick around, it won't be long till Tommy's in your 'hood again.

Oh, and as to this, I am not believing much has changed until he hires an agent. The new rules have no downside to declaring so long as one doesn't hire an agent, so - I expected at least this much.

If he is going, I feel bad for Jazz. It hurts to lose one's true love. Jazz, open up, talk about how you feel .... wait, you're pretty good at that, you'll be fine.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Why stop???

This is one of the most talented Lithuanian young players. He also seems to have that Stephen Curry type of quick release on his jumpshots

He says likely sign agent. Until he officially does, there was probably a 95% chance he would test out the process anyways with the new rules.

My heart.....it.....it hurts...
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

I am surprised. I assume he has assurances he is top 10. If he's late teens as he is in some mocks the decision to leave runs counter to all the conventional wisdom about him and his situation that has been bandied about the last two years.....degree, college experience, family, friends, etc. Just doesn't seem right unless he's top 10 or close.

No surprise at all. Good luck Domas, you were awesome buddy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I am surprised. I assume he has assurances he is top 10. If he's late teens as he is in some mocks the decision to leave runs counter to all the conventional wisdom about him and his situation that has been bandied about the last two years.....degree, college experience, family, friends, etc. Just doesn't seem right unless he's top 10 or close.
    Until he signs with an agent, I think this is still in play. We've talked about the lack of downside to testing the water. Only hiring an agent closes that door.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

No brainer, he was a beast in the tourney and too many posters were saying what they wanted him to do for them as fans rather than what he should do for him

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Completely agree Jazz! Happy for DS.....But sad to see a great Zag leave the program...

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    No brainer, he was a beast in the tourney and too many posters were saying what they wanted him to do for them as fans rather than what he should do for him
    bingo

good luck to this kid. he's going to be fun to watch for a long time in the NBA - huge upside. no doubt in my mind he will be the second best (at worst) Zag NBA player all time... of guys who have come before him or are on current roster, of course

GU was LUCKY to have him. i know it hurts, but i think gratitude that he stepped onto campus at all is in order here

When they say "will hire an agent" it usually means they have already hired an agent to help them prepare for the combine.

He is gone

Good luck to him. Will be a 15 year pro

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post
    When they say "will hire an agent" it usually means they have already hired an agent to help them prepare for the combine.

He is gone

Not to parse words... but it did say "Will LIKELY hire an agent"

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Not to parse words... but it did say "Will LIKELY hire an agent"
    I believe he has moved into the Top 5 on at least one team's list ... thus .... my feeling is "likely" will turn to "has".

Congrats to Domas. I am very proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    I believe he has moved into the Top 5 on at least one team's list ... thus .... my feeling is "likely" will turn to "has".

Congrats to Domas. I am very proud of you.
    Well, that would make sense then. No way to argue with such a decision......

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh View Post

He is gone

They said will likely hire agent. Still not a done deal.
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.