Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DS in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I've never understand the people who say that Sabonis isn't a great athlete. Have they ever seen him slam dunk off a pass in transition?? He is hardly a stiff. Are there more athletic big guys in the NBA? Of course. But I don't see it as a liability.
    Yeah, it's a bit too generic of a statement. And I agree, it's a highly-relative comparison. Being more athletic is also not always necessarily a positive. Domas' footwork and control is very polished. Athletic means nothing if you can't direct into something productive. I haven't seen anyone's athelticism be too much for him, in the long run. A systematic, smooth, relentless approach like Domas's wins out in the end. Some guys out-athlete themselves into a bad defending position when they face Domas.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    Yeah, it's a bit too generic of a statement. And I agree, it's a highly-relative comparison. Being more athletic is also not always necessarily a positive. Domas' footwork and control is very polished. Athletic means nothing if you can't direct into something productive. I haven't seen anyone's athelticism be too much for him, in the long run. A systematic, smooth, relentless approach like Domas's wins out in the end. Some guys out-athlete themselves into a bad defending position when they face Domas.
    I agree. Also, I think that athleticism is a very wide term. A lot of things go into it. Sabonis can't jump very high and isn't freakishly fast in transition, but he moves well laterally and is fluid/nimble in his moves. Adding the fact that he has a very good footwork and an NBA ready body makes him a legit NBA level athlete, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    NBA is extremely boring. Great in 90s but new day is awful. NBA sucks
    +1 and then some..

Go!! Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    You all can stress about Domas going pro. I'll just sit here an relax, thinking about how dominate Sabonis and Karno will be next year in the WCC when they both are back....
    How's that going?

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    How's that going?
    Yea many were in denial that Domas would come back. Two months ago, I had was sure he would leave for the draft and after his NCAA performance, that didn't really leave any doubts

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    +1 and then some..

Go!! Zags!!!
    I'll join this club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!