Thread: pangos game broadcast

Default pangos game broadcast

Kevin Pangos' team is playing today.
    heres the link to game today: http://www.rtvc.es/television/directo.aspx?ref=tm

Second half now but Pangos is having s good game.

Playing for the chance to move on...overtime because the score of the two combined games left teams tied...KP's team has to win by 15...bizarre...

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    Kevin Pangos' team is playing today.
    heres the link to game today: http://www.rtvc.es/television/directo.aspx?ref=tm

Second half now but Pangos is having s good game.
    Dang...I missed it. Thanks though.

For anyone following...Kevin is playing really well for Gran Canaria. Really impressive for a rookie.
    General opinion is Spanish league is the best league in Europe. But most Euro domestic leagues are pretty uneven with a few top teams and the rest. Gran Carnia is no Real Madrid or FC Barcelona, but more of a middling small market team in the Spanish league.
    However they are playing really well this year - a solid Top 5 team in the Spanish League, and even beat Laboral Kutxa the other day one the powers in the Spanish league and a top Euroleague team.

Gran Canaria is a EuroCup team, a level below the Euroleague, where the winner gets pulled up to the EuroLeague. So far Gran Canaria has the best record in the EuroCup and if they somehow win it, it would be pretty historic for the club.

He seems to be one of Canada's 4 or 5 best players currently in the many leagues in Europe and I am hoping he jumps into a back-up PG/SG role for Team Canada this summer. Last year I found myself advocating more for Olivier Hanlan, but Pangos seems to be making a better transition to FIBA ball.

KP's Team up 13 with 17 seconds to go...must score at least two to move on or one to tie...

KP's team wins but only by 13....ouch

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    Playing for the chance to move on...overtime because the score of the two combined games left teams tied...KP's team has to win by 15...bizarre...
    Ya this is playoffs of the EuroCup - semi final match-up vs Galatasaray (Turkish league). They play a home and home series decided by +/-. It doesn't sound like they will advance as they lost 89-75 the first time.

Kevin kept his end of the bargain with a solid game. The four fouls probably kept him from getting more playing time in such a crucial match.

Is this the end of the season for Gran Canaria?

It was good to see KP playing. I hope this means that he and Katy can have some time off to have fun and travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo13 View Post
    Ya this is playoffs of the EuroCup - semi final match-up vs Galatasaray (Turkish league). They play a home and home series decided by +/-. It doesn't sound like they will advance as they lost 89-75 the first time.
    I wonder what moron decided it was a good idea to borrow the absolute dumbest rule (two game series, winner determined by aggregate points) from soccer?

Quote Originally Posted by Norwester View Post
    I wonder what moron decided it was a good idea to borrow the absolute dumbest rule (two game series, winner determined by aggregate points) from soccer?
    Thank you for explaining it preemptively. That is a ####nut rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Is this the end of the season for Gran Canaria?

It was good to see KP playing. I hope this means that he and Katy can have some time off to have fun and travel.
    No...there are still a few regular season games for the Spanish league and then playoffs. I think he is done after that.

As for those criticizing the format...it is flawed but you need to look at the scenario. This Eurocup is a side "Cup" or challenge tournament. Almost a mini-march madness in the middle of their regular season (Spanish ACB). A single game is really unfair due to the strength of home court advantage. They don't have enough time to go best of 3, 5 or 7. The cost and logistics involved would be too much as well. Keep in mind they are much smaller budget teams than the NBA, stadiums are much smaller, TV $$$ is much smaller, and flying all over Europe for games is too costly. This is a different world than the NBA.