Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 68

Thread: The Official Final Four Mega Game Discussion Thread - Saturday, April 2

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,283

    Default

    The crooks in blue are arriving.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Nova over OK
    UNC over Cuse.
    Final? UNC.
    Nice call on the first game. OU down 31, WoW!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,283

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Was wrong about this one being interesting

    Complete boat race

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    And some people were hoping GU would be put in Villanova's region if they were the 1 seed and Zags had to head East. I hope Villanova can beat UNC/Syracuse and win a championship.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    Are they going to double up Oklahoma? 79-41. 25 point run......

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,283

    Default

    40 pt lead starters in? Somebody wake up Jay.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,282

    Default

    Yep....5 min left. Time for the starters to exit.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Yep....5 min left. Time for the starters to exit.
    Call off the Cats.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,283

    Default

    Hey Nantz, buddy had a bad game, he didn't freaking die.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pilot Point, Texas
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Buddy had the same problem we had. It is hard to hit the three in that place. Of course the NCAA just wants to sell tickets, they don't care how that place impacts the game.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,283

    Default

    Nantz said Nova was in the 1971 game. Not quite true. They were disqualified.

    UCLA, coached by John Wooden, won the national title with a 68-62 victory in the final game over Villanova, coached by Jack Kraft. Howard Porter of Villanova was named the tournament's Most Outstanding Player. However, Villanova was disqualified after the tournament for having an ineligible player, Howard Porter, who had signed with an agent prior to the tournament. Having lost to undefeated, second-ranked Penn (coached by Dick Harter) twice before, Porter did not think they would make past the regionals where third-ranked South Carolin

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    17,727

    Default

    Nova shot the lights out. I hope they saved a little for Monday.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,252

    Default

    So much for the historically bad shooting percentages in that stadium. Villanova bumped up the numbers quite a bit.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    708

    Default

    WOW...........I never saw anything like that in a big NCAA Tournament game. After that performance it seems like Nova is destined. They are so dialed in its scary.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    40 pt lead starters in? Somebody wake up Jay.

    I totally agree......but the idea might have been not to relax. The starters going to the bench up 40 might have softened them for the CROOKS in BLUE as you say! No smiling and fun allowed until we win the National Championship? Crazy....

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Nantz said Nova was in the 1971 game. Not quite true. They were disqualified.

    UCLA, coached by John Wooden, won the national title with a 68-62 victory in the final game over Villanova, coached by Jack Kraft. Howard Porter of Villanova was named the tournament's Most Outstanding Player. However, Villanova was disqualified after the tournament for having an ineligible player, Howard Porter, who had signed with an agent prior to the tournament. Having lost to undefeated, second-ranked Penn (coached by Dick Harter) twice before, Porter did not think they would make past the regionals where third-ranked South Carolin
    Sorry my friend, I was three

    And yes, I am old enough to have retired from the Army, too.

    Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,252

    Default

    Hopefully Syracuse's appearance in this year's final 4 will finally put an end to the practice of self-imposed postseason bans. The NCAA needs to step up and put an end to it.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Sorry my friend, I was three

    And yes, I am old enough to have retired from the Army, too.

    Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Honorably? JK

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Honorably? JK
    Retire. Not just separate, retire. A whole career. A long, long time. Years and years.

    Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,148

    Default

    Anyone notice difference in lighting on floor from first game?

    or is the libation sparking my rumination center?

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,741

    Default

    There is basketball on today? Why?

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Anyone notice difference in lighting on floor from first game?

    or is the libation sparking my rumination center?

    They turned off the ribbons during a media timeout in the first game.

    Video of the NRG Stadium staff turning it off is here: http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/st...-gl-1768709962

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta View Post
    WOW...........I never saw anything like that in a big NCAA Tournament game. After that performance it seems like Nova is destined. They are so dialed in its scary.
    Nova would be destined except it's Syracuse that is destined, despite being down 10 as I write this. Remember, any team that beats GU after the SS is destined to win the NC.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KStyles View Post
    They turned off the ribbons during a media timeout in the first game.

    Video of the NRG Stadium staff turning it off is here: http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/st...-gl-1768709962
    Does that mean they never tried it beforehand? Ridiculous. That was horrible.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •