Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scholie Table as of July 5, 2018

Default Scholie Table as of July 5, 2018

Here's what I'm showing. Let me know if it needs any changes. At present, no room at the inn for more newcomers for the next couple of years, unless someone transfers or leaves early for the draft.

Last edited by ZagNative; 03-30-2016 at 01:53 PM. Reason: changed table

I would bet that Jones was on scholarship this past year and would get one this year if both Karno and Sabonis come back. Not that it affects anything on this chart..haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Here's what I'm showing. Let me know if it needs any changes. At present, no room at the inn for more newcomers for the next couple of years, unless someone transfers or leaves early for the draft.

Looking at the chart, Gonzaga will have 1-3 scholarships available for 2016.

Rui Hachimura isn't coming in 2016.

Domas Sabonis might go to the NBA. ( Hope not.)

Przemek Karnowski, will he come back? (Hope so.)
    " You gotta love the one who loves you "

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I would bet that Jones was on scholarship this past year and would get one this year if both Karno and Sabonis come back. Not that it affects anything on this chart..haha.
    I don't think so. From Slipper Still Fits:
    Gonzaga fans have seen walk-ons turn into key contributors over the years, with a guy like Mike Hart really jumping out as an example. This season, a very intriguing option at walk-on has joined the program, with Jeremy Jones transferring in from Rice.

Jones is a unique story, as he was actually a two-sport athlete during his time at Rice. Not only did Jones come off the bench for the Rice basketball team, he also was recruited to play QB for the football team. This background obviously makes Jones a much more athletic option than most walk-ons. He is definitely undersized to play PF at this level, but he could be an intriguing name to keep an eye on for the next couple of years.

During his time at Rice, Jones actually started two games as freshman, and chipped in 2.2 points and 2.8 rebounds per game in limited action for the Owls.
    Interesting to note, from Jeremy's player profile on GoZags.com, that he's been a very good student, in NHS in high school and, at Rice, a Conference USA Commissioner's Honor Roll member.

Thanks ZN, for posting the chart.

Zagazags, according to Slipper Still Fits yesterday,
    Some news regarding incoming-recruit Rui Hachimura. There have been some questions regarding whether Hachimura would re-classify for 2017 or come in with the rest of the 2016 class. Definitely something to keep an eye on over the next few weeks. AST in the tweet below is for the Albert Schweitzer Tournament, an international world championship for U-18 teams. Hachimura is not on Japan's roster for the tournament.
    David Hein
    ‏@heinnews

Questions still for Rui Hachimura if he'll pass tests to get into Gonzaga. Hopefully he's hitting books hard instead of coming to #AST2016
    I personally think there's little doubt Karnowski will be back but I think that it's likely Domas will leave for the draft if he's assured a lottery pick, so maybe one spot will be available. I'd be inclined to leave Rui on the chart until he's definitely reclassified to 2017. Moving him to 2027 would only open up one 2016 spot, so I doubt the staff would offer someone for one year only.

Interesting to note, from Jeremy's player profile on GoZags.com, that he's been a very good student, in NHS in high school and, at Rice, a Conference USA Commissioner's Honor Roll member.
    Makes me think about Connor Griffin. I was sorry to see him leave for football. I see he is listed on the Husky roster for 2016.

So who were the two unused scollies used on this past year??

Can this be pinned at the top of page 1 so we can refer to it over the next 3-4 months or longer? It would be helpful I think.

thanks
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Gonzaga Guru Retweeted
    Darnay Tripp ‏@DarnayTripp 3m3 minutes ago
    RE: #Zags '16 Class - of 3 overseas @franfraschilla liked Rui Hachimura. Called him a man child, bigger E. Harris, unlimited ath. potential.

Ok, so quick question. How many players are you allowed on your team with walkons? Would be helpful! Thanks
    20 Straight Big Dances

10 Straight Round of 32s

9 Sweet Sixteens

3 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2017 NATIONAL RUNNER UP

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Ok, so quick question. How many players are you allowed on your team with walkons? Would be helpful! Thanks
    My recollection is that there is no limit on the number of players on the team, in addition to the 13 scholarship players, but the team can only take 15 players on the travel squad. I could be wrong, so anyone with a different answer, feel free to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Gonzaga Guru Retweeted
    RE: #Zags '16 Class - of 3 overseas @franfraschilla liked Rui Hachimura. Called him a man child, bigger E. Harris, unlimited ath. potential.
    This is a great post, as Ellias Harris was a stud.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

My recollection is that there is no limit on the number of players on the team, in addition to the 13 scholarship players, but the team can only take 15 players on the travel squad. I could be wrong, so anyone with a different answer, feel free to post.
    Thanks. I just wonder who else would be on the travel squad!
    20 Straight Big Dances

10 Straight Round of 32s

9 Sweet Sixteens

3 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2017 NATIONAL RUNNER UP

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Gonzaga Guru Retweeted
    Evidently, Fran didn't get the memo. Rui Hachimura isn't coming in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Evidently, Fran didn't get the memo. Rui Hachimura isn't coming in 2016.
    Did you see the Slipper Still Fits piece referred to abpve? Doesn't look to me like its settled as to whether he's coming in 2016 or 2017. Do you have a link to something defintive indicating it's been decided?

Did you see the Slipper Still Fits piece referred to abpve? Doesn't look to me like its settled as to whether he's coming in 2016 or 2017. Do you have a link to something defintive indicating it's been decided?

Little thing - the chart has Jeremy Jpnes, not Jeremy Jones
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Thanks ZN! As Reborn said it would be nice if this could be pinned to the top!
    Every year Mark Few loses guys that you never heard of before they became a Zag and replaces them with guys you never heard of before they became a Zag. Jimmy Dykes-Maui Classic 2009

Here's a Scholie Table with Domas' spot opened up:

From the way Coach Few was talking in his post season radio show a couple weeks ago, I think we can expect that Jeremy Jones will be on scholarship this coming year. Particularly since Pryor decided on Georgetown. I know there's nothing definitive but it sounds to me like he's ahead of other players that we know are on scholarship for playing time next season...ie, Alberts.

Shouldn't Melson be same color code as JWIII and Goss??

Here's a Scholie Table with Domas' spot opened up:

A couple of weeks ago, Eric Bossi of Rivals ranked our incoming class at #14 in the nation:
    14. GONZAGA

Commits: C Zach Collins (No. 32), SG Zach Norvell (No. 93), PF Killian Tillie (NR 4-star), PF Jacob Larsen (NR 4-star), Rui Hachimura (NR)

Overview: Mark Few continues to attract top talent to Spokane. Collins is a very skilled big man while Tillie is a French import with length and athleticism. Norvell is a good-sized wing scorer. The international flavor continues with Larsen (Denmark), who has skill and size, and Hachimura (Japan) is a bit of an unknown.

New scholie table includes Corey Kispert.

Last edited by ZagNative; 05-04-2016 at 04:01 PM.

New scholie table includes Corey Kispert.

WOW!!! The cupboard looks full!

Welcome, Mr. Mathews!