Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Scholarship Table Thread ( Updated June 2019 )

Looks like we have an open slot now. Would the staff reward a walk on like Lang and give him a scholie for a year?

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Looks like we have an open slot now. Would the staff reward a walk on like Lang and give him a scholie for a year?
    That would be great but it seems like GU likes to keep 1 arrow in the quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    I remember when Gonzaga would land a huge recruit, the scholarship chart would be updated lightning fast.
    Go for it!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Go for it!
    I would do it if I knew how. Obviously.

Zag Native will update in short order. . .she's very diligent.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Zag Native will update in short order. . .she's very diligent.
    ZN is one of my favorite posters. You are correct,... she is very diligent. I hope all is well in her world and its just a mater of lots of activities happening at once.

In the meantime, until she is able to update her chart,... I'll post the chart I keep on the men's current and projected roster. It's format is similar to the chart I post in the WBB Forum. The data is from the rosters on gozags.com, with some additional detailed information from the 247 sports web site added.

Also, please note that all the players on the team are listed and only an estimated number of committed scholarships is stated. I don't have information, (nor should I), as to who has been given a scholarship and who hasn't.

[IMG][/IMG]

Oops! Zagnative seriously delinquent in posting an updated Scholie table. Let me know if you spot any errors or omissions!

Thanks ZN. Now I know Ballo will leave early but is this year considered a redshirt year? If so, he could have 4 more seasons.

ZN, I'm relieved to see that everything is well in your world. Carry on.

Goodbye.

Here you go, with Matthew Lang added as a new scholarship recipient!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Congratulations to Portland native (and Zag sharpshooter) Matthew Lang. Coach Few has put him on full Scholarship.

Lang joins Gonzaga stalwarts Mike Hart, David Stockton, Jeremy Jones, Kyle Bankhead, Mark Spink, Mike Nilson and host of others who have gone from walk on to scholarship Zags.

Attaboy Matt !!!

Very proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Here you go, with Matthew Lang added as a new scholarship recipient!!

ZagNative for threeeeeee !!!!! Nothing but twine (just like Matthew Lang with free tacos on the line).

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

I imagine for this semester only, right? At least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagineer View Post
    ZN is one of my favorite posters. You are correct,... she is very diligent. I hope all is well in her world and its just a mater of lots of activities happening at once.

In the meantime, until she is able to update her chart,... I'll post the chart I keep on the men's current and projected roster. It's format is similar to the chart I post in the WBB Forum. The data is from the rosters on gozags.com, with some additional detailed information from the 247 sports web site added.

Also, please note that all the players on the team are listed and only an estimated number of committed scholarships is stated. I don't have information, (nor should I), as to who has been given a scholarship and who hasn't.

[IMG][/IMG]

What is fascinating with this view is that you can see the roster turnover from last season. We had 10 out of 15 rosters spots vacated from last season. That is a ton of churn. GU has usually benefited from stability on its practice squad which enabled coaches to really simulate opposing teams well. They had to train that capability this season, too.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Roster with Aaron Cook added. Let me know if you see any errors or omissions.

P.S. I don't know for sure whether Matt Lang's scholarship carries forward to this year.

Also, here's a link to a story about walk-on Evan Inglesby: https://www.prephoops.com/2020/02/co...020-barlow-hs/

Thanks, ZagNative!!!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Thanks, ZN!

Would Oumar be extended through ‘24 with his redshirt last season?
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I think you're right, Kitz. I've added Ballo to the roster for 2024 as well, in view of the RS year.