X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tummydoc
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2013

Looks like we have an open slot now. Would the staff reward a walk on like Lang and give him a scholie for a year?

Comment

• ZagaZags
      Banned
      • May 2010

Originally posted by tummydoc View Post
      Looks like we have an open slot now. Would the staff reward a walk on like Lang and give him a scholie for a year?
      That would be great but it seems like GU likes to keep 1 arrow in the quiver.

Comment

• willandi
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ZagaZags View Post
        I remember when Gonzaga would land a huge recruit, the scholarship chart would be updated lightning fast.
        Go for it!
        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• ZagaZags
          Banned
          • May 2010

Originally posted by willandi View Post
          Go for it!
          I would do it if I knew how. Obviously.

Comment

• RenoZag
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Zag Native will update in short order. . .she's very diligent.
            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Zagineer
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
              Zag Native will update in short order. . .she's very diligent.
              ZN is one of my favorite posters. You are correct,... she is very diligent. I hope all is well in her world and its just a mater of lots of activities happening at once.

In the meantime, until she is able to update her chart,... I'll post the chart I keep on the men's current and projected roster. It's format is similar to the chart I post in the WBB Forum. The data is from the rosters on gozags.com, with some additional detailed information from the 247 sports web site added.

Also, please note that all the players on the team are listed and only an estimated number of committed scholarships is stated. I don't have information, (nor should I), as to who has been given a scholarship and who hasn't.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• ZagNative
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Oops! Zagnative seriously delinquent in posting an updated Scholie table. Let me know if you spot any errors or omissions!

Comment

• ZagaZags
                  Banned
                  • May 2010

Thanks ZN. Now I know Ballo will leave early but is this year considered a redshirt year? If so, he could have 4 more seasons.

Comment

• Zagineer
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2008

ZN, I'm relieved to see that everything is well in your world. Carry on.

Goodbye.

Comment

• ZagNative
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Here you go, with Matthew Lang added as a new scholarship recipient!!

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                      Congratulations to Portland native (and Zag sharpshooter) Matthew Lang. Coach Few has put him on full Scholarship.

Lang joins Gonzaga stalwarts Mike Hart, David Stockton, Jeremy Jones, Kyle Bankhead, Mark Spink, Mike Nilson and host of others who have gone from walk on to scholarship Zags.

Attaboy Matt !!!

Very proud of you.

Comment

• GoZags
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                        Here you go, with Matthew Lang added as a new scholarship recipient!!

ZagNative for threeeeeee !!!!! Nothing but twine (just like Matthew Lang with free tacos on the line).
                        sigpic
                        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                        ——-
                        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• zagfan08
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

I imagine for this semester only, right? At least for now.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagineer View Post
                            ZN is one of my favorite posters. You are correct,... she is very diligent. I hope all is well in her world and its just a mater of lots of activities happening at once.

In the meantime, until she is able to update her chart,... I'll post the chart I keep on the men's current and projected roster. It's format is similar to the chart I post in the WBB Forum. The data is from the rosters on gozags.com, with some additional detailed information from the 247 sports web site added.

Also, please note that all the players on the team are listed and only an estimated number of committed scholarships is stated. I don't have information, (nor should I), as to who has been given a scholarship and who hasn't.

[IMG][/IMG]

What is fascinating with this view is that you can see the roster turnover from last season. We had 10 out of 15 rosters spots vacated from last season. That is a ton of churn. GU has usually benefited from stability on its practice squad which enabled coaches to really simulate opposing teams well. They had to train that capability this season, too.
                            'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                            - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• ZagNative
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Roster with Aaron Cook added. Let me know if you see any errors or omissions.

P.S. I don't know for sure whether Matt Lang's scholarship carries forward to this year.

Also, here's a link to a story about walk-on Evan Inglesby: https://www.prephoops.com/2020/02/co...020-barlow-hs/

Comment

• Radbooks
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jun 2007

Thanks, ZagNative!!!
                                “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

Working...
                                X