Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching right now?

ESPN College Game Day

I figured there must be a thread like this somewhere in the foo. Not as many you tube clips as I expected. I have several obsessions, some I've known for a while, one I just discovered. First the React Channel. A whole bunch of these, various different formats. The do they know music from various decades are good, so are these try to not to laugh challenges.

This pair of young Brits crack me up. They're kind of obsessed with American culture but don't really understand it very well.

I just found this last night, and stayed up way too late watching it. I've known about Honest Trailers for quite a while, those are pretty funny pointing out the plot holes or just general stupidity of many popular movies. This is in the same vein, but even better IMO. This dude is hilarious. I love all his catch phrases he quickly developed doing this series. I think most of us probably feel at times like Hollywood screenwriters are generally a bunch of idiots. There's a ton of these too. Most of the Marvel and DC movies and a handful of other blockbuster. Plus season 8 of Game of Thrones which I gathered was a massive disappointment. Just look up pitch meeting to find all of them. You're welcome.

Gotta add 1 more, from React Channel. They have a whole sub series where they play hard rock and metal bands from the 80s for kids. Reactions are often hilarious.

My wife and I’ve been getting into Jane the Virgin recently. A pretty fun bilingual-ish (mostly English) telenovela

Season One of Deadwood

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Somebody got a free trial of Netflix streaming. Plowed thru Season 1 of GLOW and Alias Grace. Will continue w/ Season 2 of GLOW soon.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Somebody got a free trial of Netflix streaming. Plowed thru Season 1 of GLOW and Alias Grace. Will continue w/ Season 2 of GLOW soon.
    I thought Alias Grace was pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I thought Alias Grace was pretty good!
    I found it really intriguing, but the ending fell a bit flat for me. The lead actress was mesmerizing.

I watched "New Girl" for the most part during it's regular run. I drifted away somewhere in the middle but came back later. Eventually it seemed like they were all playing caricatures of themselves. I started streaming Season 1, I forgot how good it was at the beginning. That show just cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I watched "New Girl" for the most part during it's regular run. I drifted away somewhere in the middle but came back later. Eventually it seemed like they were all playing caricatures of themselves. I started streaming Season 1, I forgot how good it was at the beginning. That show just cracks me up.
    I agree the later seasons seem to be slipping a bit, but still have some hilarious parts (the guys getting waxed had me laughing hard!) I think I have one and a half seasons to go before it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I agree the later seasons seem to be slipping a bit, but still have some hilarious parts (the guys getting waxed had me laughing hard!) I think I have one and a half seasons to go before it's over.
    It got weird when Coach came back. 4 was a crowd as far as Jess's dude buddies. Plus they just seemed to shove Winston way in the background, pretty lame. I loved Jess to begin the series but she got so quirky and weird in later seasons it was a bit too much. The season (or half a season) where she was M.I.A. I didn't even miss her. But yeah, I stuck with it because all the roomies plus CeCe were so much fun. I really liked Winston's cop girlfriend too (when she was available, I think she was filming other stuff overlapping and didn't appear in quite a few episodes).

Just streamed "I Am Mother" on Netflix. I would definitely recommend for sci fi fans. Quite sparse. 2 actresses and a third lending her voice to an android (Hilary Swank, Rose Byrne and relative newcomer Clara Rugaard). Post apocalyptic, humanity has ceased to exist except for a facility with a bunch of frozen embryos. One of the embryos is "born" so to speak and raised by the android. It quickly jumps forward til she's around 16. Out of nowhere an adult woman shows up and throws everything into chaos. The woman and the android are both trying to sway the teenager and you're not sure which of them to believe, if either. Fairly tense, well done.

Falling water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Tried a few episodes of Black Mirror last night. That show is a mind trip. One of the just released new ones (w/ Miley Cyrus--she has a potty mouth!) and then one from several seasons ago that is kind of a send up of the original Star Trek tv show. Might not watch every episode but I'll try some more.

Watched a few more episodes of Black Mirror. That show is messed up! Kind of a modern day Twilight Zone w/ a heavy emphasis on technology. It's speculative but some of it might be pretty close to the truth in terms of where tech is heading.

Stumbled onto this series today from Buzzfeed. Celebrities answering fan questions while playing with puppies or kittens.

This is a long running series I did know about previously. Celebs being sarcastic responding to frequent google inquiries about them. Most of the time. Some of them get kinda bothered but mostly they have fun with it. There are just a ton of these.

Blink 182, at that damn Reading Festival, best festival on Earth is what I read (though Rio is close), and of course I have never gone.

Blink kicks ass, no matter how crazy the lead singer.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

U2, the Fly, at where else? Reading Festival. We should all put this on our bucket list. Maybe Coachella is cool here, the gorge is great, but there is no topping the acts and audience at Reading.

This one's special because of the little sayings on the screen.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

The Fed Chairman

Elvis Costello, the best lyric writer not named Dylan.

Every Day I write the Book

Mark Twain.

preventative medicine....I'm scheduling my Cardio Scan today...we don't know what we don't know...test is affordable

The Mickey Mouse Club.