Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: These refs are the worst and that's saying something thread

It was awful tonight, but I'm gonna try and not think about it. Gonzaga showed great composure finding a way to gut out the win. That's what my focus is on. Great job tonight Zags! One more win to go.

the girls team is just as dirty...get away with two handed pushing players to the floor...yet they never get called on it...

Quote Originally Posted by surfmonkey89 View Post
    Man, Nick Emery looks pissed.

Your sucker punch was a gift, Nick. I'm taking it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
    I absolutely hate it when the after game commentators refer to BYU's "physicality." " Foulsicality " is what it is!
    I also believe that BYU knows the calculus and plays it for all it's worth! Dirty? I'm not sure, but I'm more than convinced
    that, if not, it's damn close!
    It's clear that their game plan is to attack, tie up, swipe, and ##### and moan, and dare the refs to call them on it. Even if the refs call ⅓ of the incidents, they still come out on top.

Quoting Jazz. "Banjo player is pretty good". Hahaha. Good one Jazz
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

It's not dirty......it's physical and if you have enough bodies you can play that way.

We shot 25 Ft to their 15

The tough part is the raking. It's so constant and, I guess, part of their game so it becomes 'a thing' and they don't call it as often? Who was the Ohio State kid - the pipsqueak that was renowned for his D. Which, for the most part was playing 4+ years and earning a rep 'for D' but mostly consisted of two hands on players back and raking across guys arms for steals. He was too slow to actually jump a pass, mind you.

Sabonis has shown so much restraint this year. Grown up significantly. I would have clocked a couple of those guys he has had to deal with.

Guess I should include him in the away uni...

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    It's not dirty......it's physical and if you have enough bodies you can play that way.

Sorry dude, that's bull####. I've watched a lot of physical basketball in my day and that isn't what BYU does. They play dirty, shoving, hitting, pushing and punching.

I was in Provo a few years back when Kafusi's big brother clothes lined Olynyk and got called for the flagrant. The fans reaction was shameful. Unfortunately, that is par for the course.

Having been to hundreds of Zag road games all over the Bay Area, in LA and San Diego, I can confidently say BYU has the worst behaving fan base of any team I've ever been around and it's not even close. That culture permeates the team as well and is why Emery only got a 1 game suspension for sucker punching a Utah player.

There are are so many examples it's exhausting. Straight thugs rapped in the guise of Mormon innocence.

Bright side, they didn't call many on the Zags. We couldn't afford anyone in foul trouble

I'm just excited Musberger and Fraschilla were able to recognize the Kaufusi "athleticism." If I remember correctly, his older brother was much more "athletic" when delivering his signature forearm shiver . . . on the basketball court.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post
    Check this out.

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...ml?id=15573528

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Sorry dude, that's bull####. I've watched a lot of physical basketball in my day and that isn't what BYU does. They play dirty, shoving, hitting, pushing and punching.

I was in Provo a few years back when Kafusi's big brother clothes lined Olynyk and got called for the flagrant. The fans reaction was shameful. Unfortunately, that is par for the course.

Having been to hundreds of Zag road games all over the Bay Area, in LA and San Diego, I can confidently say BYU has the worst behaving fan base of any team I've ever been around and it's not even close. That culture permeates the team as well and is why Emery only got a 1 game suspension for sucker punching a Utah player.

There are are so many examples it's exhausting. Straight thugs rapped in the guise of Mormon innocence.
    Your last sentence is so spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I learned tonight that you don't have to be touching any part of the ball to force a jump ball call. All you have to do is grab the arm of the guy holding the ball. I didn't realize that, but I can plainly see that now.
    It's the WCC's version of the "continuation" rule! (Arm continues to hand continues to ball = Held Ball)

Exactly...for the most part the BYU players came in when Sabonis brought the ball down and went for it...not saying there were not some fouls here and there that could have been cslked but not as many as people are #####ing for
    I am working on being a more all around square.

Kaufusi is a goon as his brother was. Does Rose get these football players to suit up on the team just for the meetings with the zags to goon it up? Lol how many of these kaufusi football players are there? I know LDS hate using birth control so scary thought, their might actually be more of these Kaufusi guys looking to injure future zags down the road. Look out

Sounds personal. I don't see it.

Remember Domas clocking somebody in the face or throat ....it happens.

I've got stills with USD grabbing Domas and Wiltjer and not getting the calls....it's more the big guy little guy no call IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Sorry. Not willing to turn off my Ad Blocker so I can view their garbage

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    I honestly can't even begin to navigate that board. It's like the AOL help board from 1996.

Just happy Team and especially Domas don't play the victim and fight to the end

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Sorry. Not willing to turn off my Ad Blocker so I can view their garbage
    I made the mistake of clicking. I'll sum it up for you: BYU is better than zags in past, present and future in every way - oh, and they've got football and we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    I made the mistake of clicking. I'll sum it up for you: BYU is better than zags in past, present and future in every way - oh, and they've got football and we don't.
    Thanks. They might be right, save for the present, and the recent past, and the very likely future. 100% correct on us not having FB. They got us there! Darn it! Heck!

Sounds personal. I don't see it.

Remember Domas clocking somebody in the face or throat ....it happens.

I've got stills with USD grabbing Domas and Wiltjer and not getting the calls....it's more the big guy little guy no call IMO

You don't seem to be paying attention.

U of Utah cancelled a long running series with BYU because of the year in, year out poor sportsmanship of the players and fans from BYU. Capped by freshman Emery punching Utah's point guard in the face. Reportedly Emery then told Utah's coach in the mellee after the cheap shot to sit his ass back down on the ####ing bench.

A few years ago, SMC beat BYU on their homecourt in a spectacular last second heave. BYU fans en masse responded by pelting the floor and SMC players with soda cups, popcorn containers and other garbage.

Dont even get me started on their football dirty play. For anyone paying attention at all, it's part of the BYU sports culture and it needs to stop. Lying to yourself and saying it's just "physical" play is an injustice to the game we all love.

You don't seem to be paying attention.

U of Utah cancelled a long running series with BYU because of the year in, year out poor sportsmanship of the players and fans from BYU. Capped by freshman Emery punching Utah's point guard in the face. Reportedly Emery then told Utah's coach in the mellee after the cheap shot to sit his ass back down on the ####ing bench.

A few years ago, SMC beat BYU on their homecourt in a spectacular last second heave. BYU fans en masse responded by pelting the floor and SMC players with soda cups, popcorn containers and other garbage.

Dont even get me started on their football dirty play. For anyone paying attention at all, it's part of the BYU sports culture and it needs to stop. Lying to yourself and saying it's just "physical" play is an injustice to the game we all love.

agree

Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    Who was the Ohio State kid - the pipsqueak that was renowned for his D. Which, for the most part was playing 4+ years and earning a rep 'for D' but mostly consisted of two hands on players back and raking across guys arms for steals. He was too slow to actually jump a pass, mind you.
    Aaron Craft?