Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FUTURE GOALS 2017 WOMEN ZAGS BASKETBALL, YOUNG ZAGS GAIN EXPERIENCE

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    I'd try Smith at the point....better than what we saw from any point on the TEAM this year...she can really ball....4 star 95 grade out of Brewster....averaged 5.3 assist per game...a 6' tall point eliminates a lot of problems with entry passes etc...and she can flat out score when she wants..

Just my opinion..

Go!! Las Zagas!!!
    Thanks for the info about Chandler. I knew she was a highly recruited star out of High School, but never saw her play. Anybody who gets a full ride scholarship to a Big-10 school from a small school in Eastern WA has to be pretty special.

I don't think height was the problem with the entry passes. Far and away, the people with the most turnovers passing in the paint were Kiara, Shelby and Jill, our three tallest players. Emma occasionally tried to force some in the middle, but for the most part, Georgia and Laura simply did not force too many passes into the paint.

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by ZagDad84 View Post
    Thanks for the info about Chandler. I knew she was a highly recruited star out of High School, but never saw her play. Anybody who gets a full ride scholarship to a Big-10 school from a small school in Eastern WA has to be pretty special.

I don't think height was the problem with the entry passes. Far and away, the people with the most turnovers passing in the paint were Kiara, Shelby and Jill, our three tallest players. Emma occasionally tried to force some in the middle, but for the most part, Georgia and Laura simply did not force too many passes into the paint.

ZagDad
    Another point of view is the passes weren't there due to their height and who was guarding them...

Go!! Las Zagas!!!