Thread: From the Spokesman-Review: Tinkle stays positive, hopes for another year

Default From the Spokesman-Review: Tinkle stays positive, hopes for another year

I can't imagine any set of circumstances wherein the NCAA would not approve a medical redshirt year for Elle. That being said the NCAA is the NCAA.......

[QUOTE=Section 116;1182325]I can't imagine any set of circumstances wherein the NCAA would not approve a medical redshirt year for Elle. That being said the NCAA is the NCAA.......[/QUOTE

All of the circumstances meet the requirements as Elle did not play in more games than she could have and she did leave due to injury.

What I worry about is that if she played one more game she would have been ineligible for the opportunity to redshirt and that could make her application look a bit convenient. What I have read implies the injury must be "incapacitating". I don't think we have been told what the injury was other than it was to her knee.

Unfortunately I can imagine a set of circumstances where the NCAA becomes difficult as this will become a discussion on whether the injury was incapacitating enough to become season ending. I am sure our people will have an iron clad application but there are many schools in our country who try to "play games" with the system and the system is there because without it, schools would run wild.

Three more hours and we will be in Vegas. Can't wait.