Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melson

Default Melson

You've been steadily improving your game over the last few weeks...tonight, make me eat some crow!

Keep it up Melson!!!
    Gutsy win for the Zags tonight.

impact

melson was a good defender to start the year, but he has kicked it up another notch. combined with his offense coming now, its clear he is going to take a significant chunk of Emacs minutes.

I like him. Always have. Got the best basketball body on the team.

I said on here a couple times (not that I know a thing) that they need sets to get him going after pulling the bigs away from the basket. Sabonis to Melson a couple times in a row gave us a coushin there at the end.

He's starting to come along. Let's not get carried away, yet.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    Got the best basketball body on the team.
    What do you mean by that? Which characteristics?

As someone who has been highly critical of Melson, he has brought about progress for himself that I did not think we would see. Props to him.

Is really playing steady, consistent offense and defense... A great component to have at this time of the year.

He is a much better basketball player at the end of February than he was at mid-season. He is showing a lot of poise and confidence. This team needs him to be this player.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    What do you mean by that? Which characteristics?
    Long body, long arms. Fast. Recovers fast on D if he makes a mistake.

Dribbles well with both hands. Can attack (showing more of that). Certainly can hit from deep. Seeing more of that.

And most important, to me - he has a good grip on the ball. Can rebound with one hand. Tends to know where he is in relation to other players. Some of the fastest ball movement we have is Melson on the defensive rebound and taking it and going.

Quote Originally Posted by whatazag View Post
    melson was a good defender to start the year, but he has kicked it up another notch. combined with his offense coming now, its clear he is going to take a significant chunk of Emacs minutes.
    Let's hope! Melson certainly is more explosive and is a better decision maker.

Default very well said

Dribbles well with both hands. Can attack (showing more of that). Certainly can hit from deep. Seeing more of that.

And most important, to me - he has a good grip on the ball. Can rebound with one hand. Tends to know where he is in relation to other players. Some of the fastest ball movement we have is Melson on the defensive rebound and taking it and going.
    VERY WELL SAID

The kid's got a lot of heart too. Coming in like he did last year in MSG showed his character and devotion to the team. I feel he was able to channel his passion this season to get where he is now. Some players might get down with low mins and missing shots. Melson has worked buckets to improve and ..... improved. It couldn't have happened at any better timing than it has. Unique season this one. Quite an emotional one for the team and fans. More to come too Go Zags!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Keep it up!!! Glad he could mentally push through the slump. He's a key piece now.
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whatazag View Post
    Already has. Look at the box score. Emac played 22 minutes. Melson played 29. Who was on the floor in crunch time?

Has a nice looking shot. Wish it would drop at a higher rate. Both him and perkins a work in progress but happy with the growth from the start of the season.

Has he hit enough big shots on the road yet to start referring to him as Silence Melson?

Full Melson?

I too have been critical of Melson and a happy to see him prove me wrong and continue to prove me wrong

Thank goodness he shaved his beard. There is a direct correlation between the length of his beard and his fg%. I am glad he figured it out

Pretty obvious that in the last 3 to 4 weeks the game has slowed down for Melson and simultaneously he has found his shot. I esp liked that drive where he hesitated at the top of the paint and then went for the lay up. Daugherty liked it a lot too.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Him stepping up makes me a lot more comfortable with our back court, both the remainder of this year, and next year.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Who knows how this season would have gone if he had a few more of his shots fall early on. A confident Melson would have probably translated into a few more wins and no bubble. I really thought he had it in him and I'm glad to see him out together for several games in a row.

+1

He's been my favorite player since he committed. There isn't a guy on the team I'm happier for then Silas, no lie. So glad he's found his rhythm.