Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 270

Thread: HBO Gonzaga Series Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Spokane / Goodyear, AZ
    Posts
    1,987

    Default HBO Gonzaga Series Thread

    5 Part series starts tonight. It says 10 PM. I assume that is Eastern Time so we see it at 7PM?

    I can't help but think this will be a positive recruiting tool. Do you agree? I suppose it depends on the way our team is presented.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    5 Part series starts tonight. It says 10 PM. I assume that is Eastern Time so we see it at 7PM?

    I can't help but think this will be a positive recruiting tool. Do you agree? I suppose it depends on the way our team is presented.
    Yeah I have it set to record at 7. Looks like it shows again at 10.

    I think it's positive for sure, to realize we're the one team this year who has HBO following them is pretty humbling. On the flip side it's been kind of a roller coaster year and we've lost just about every big OOC game so that sucks to portray that on camera.

    Will be cool to capture the trials and tribulations if we end up winning out and make a run though! I'm hoping it shows GU in a very positive light.
    America's Team!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Yeah I have it set to record at 7. Looks like it shows again at 10.

    I think it's positive for sure, to realize we're the one team this year who has HBO following them is pretty humbling. On the flip side it's been kind of a roller coaster year and we've lost just about every big OOC game so that sucks to portray that on camera.

    Will be cool to capture the trials and tribulations if we end up winning out and make a run though! I'm hoping it shows GU in a very positive light.

    Fx can do wonders.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,402

    Default

    Still wondering how I'm going to get to watch I don't have HBO
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Still wondering how I'm going to get to watch I don't have HBO
    +1

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    +1
    1 month trial ought to cover the extent of the series.

    https://order.hbonow.com/?camp=Googl...2571352-VQ16-c
    Welcome to Zagdom

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Still wondering how I'm going to get to watch I don't have HBO
    If you have Internet access get an HBONow subscription http://www.hbo.com/order/order-hbo.html

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,363

    Default

    As I dont have access to HBO as well I was hoping that someone who is tech savy, and very kind, would put it on Youtube after it airs. Maybe Robert Perry Network will have it on as he posts almost all Zag games with in a day or two. I really want to see this series.

    Edit to add: As a Canadian, I can only subscribe to HBO Canada and I can almost guarantee it will not be shown there.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    421

    Default

    As VandalZag said, if you have internet access, ie, Apple TV, Roku Box, Chrome TV, you can get HBONow, which should have it. I love my DirecTV, but, they would not allow me to just add HBO. I had to change my package, which would include HBO. I have a Roku box and so, just added the channel, HBONow. According to what I could find on the internet, HBONow will have the "March To Madness". I will find out tonight. Go Zags.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,402

    Default

    I'm just going to have to have a talk with directv then
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia Suburb
    Posts
    2,861

    Default

    I will try to locate a fishing stream for those who are HBO Less or challenged, later today.
    More likely on Ustream...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,677

    Default

    Thank you, Philly.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Does anyone know what xfinity channel it will be on? We are traveling but if I can find the channel I can program it to record. It isn't showing up on listings.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagbeliever View Post
    Does anyone know what xfinity channel it will be on? We are traveling but if I can find the channel I can program it to record. It isn't showing up on listings.
    Ch 300 HBO HD 7PM




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Ch 300 HBO HD 7PM



    Thank you!!!!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,768

    Default

    Question for anyone using HBO Now on Roku. Can you find previous showings of shows and stream them? If I do the HBO Now, I don't have the advantage of recording it on my DVR. I would like to be able to watch it at a later date, (10PM can be a little late for an east coaster trying to stock up sleep for the thursday nite GU game).
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Question for anyone using HBO Now on Roku. Can you find previous showings of shows and stream them? If I do the HBO Now, I don't have the advantage of recording it on my DVR. I would like to be able to watch it at a later date, (10PM can be a little late for an east coaster trying to stock up sleep for the thursday nite GU game).
    It is an on demand application so you can watch it anytime. If you use the Roku check your ISP some (like the lovely people at comcast) will not allow comcast hbo subscribers to use a Roku. This used to be a big issue because comcast limited HBO's on demand library.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagbeliever View Post
    Does anyone know what xfinity channel it will be on? We are traveling but if I can find the channel I can program it to record. It isn't showing up on listings.
    Depends where you are - in Spokane, it's 550 (East Coast feed, 7 p.m.)/551 (West Coast feed, 10 p.m.)

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chattaroy (20 mi N of GU)
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Grrrrrr - it's only 30 mins each! - Grrrrrr
    At least it is before my bedtime
    Go Zags!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Random question--anyone know if it will be available on HBO Go as soon as it airs? Or should I just wait until tomorrow to watch it?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia Suburb
    Posts
    2,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    I will try to locate a fishing stream for those who are HBO Less or challenged, later today.
    More likely on Ustream...
    If you want to catch some fish around 10pm eastern, this is a possible spot.

    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gonzaga-basketball

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    2,803

    Default

    Going back-to-back with this and Better Call Saul on the couch later tonight. Guaranteed to be the best night of my week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Damn, HBO said Gonzaga wrong. Gonzawga
    Yeah. Great production values. Fail.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    That was fun to watch. I enjoyed seeing the behind the scenes stuff.
    I did too. I loved it. Made me sad for team all over seeing SMU especially Kyle.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    7,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    That was fun to watch. I enjoyed seeing the behind the scenes stuff.
    +1

    I was surprised that the footage was so recent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •