Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: SMU loses again

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9,758

    Default SMU loses again

    On the road at Houston.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,240

    Default

    Houston is a tough place to play on the road regardless of how many fans show up.

    Sea I love you but does this need to be a separate headline? Everytime SMU loses will we see this? Lol
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9,758

    Default

    If somebody starts a "other games" thread nobody bats an eye, but for whatever reason if you start a thread about a specific game not involving Gonzaga it's not okay? I don't think I'll ever understand "the rules" on this forum. I wasn't aware of any other past or future GU opponents playing tonight, so I didn't label the thread "other games."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Houston is a tough place to play on the road regardless of how many fans show up.

    Sea I love you but does this need to be a separate headline? Everytime SMU loses will we see this? Lol
    Lookin' at the scoreboard, I think this was the only game involving a GU opponent.

    Lot more important things going on tonight (Iowa); really not a biggie in this case, 62. JMHO.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,083

    Default

    Again, lack of Zag opponent games on Tuesday night but there was a big one:

    Tennessee hosted Kentucky. They were down 21 under 6 minutes to go in the 1st, got it down to 6 by the break. Wound up winning by 7.

    Vols (11-11) now #86 per KenPom.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Again, lack of Zag opponent games on Tuesday night but there was a big one:

    Tennessee hosted Kentucky. They were down 21 under 6 minutes to go in the 1st, got it down to 6 by the break. Wound up winning by 7.

    Vols (11-11) now #86 per KenPom.
    ...is kenpom or rpi more important for the selection committee???

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    7,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    ...is kenpom or rpi more important for the selection committee???
    RPI.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,303

    Default

    We will make the NCAA's. Slip on your best snuggy.
    Love the zags for life

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    7,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    We will make the NCAA's. Slip on your best snuggy.
    Is a snuggy the same as a wedgie?


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Is a snuggy the same as a wedgie?

    Lolol!!!!
    Love the zags for life

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Again, lack of Zag opponent games on Tuesday night but there was a big one:

    Tennessee hosted Kentucky. They were down 21 under 6 minutes to go in the 1st, got it down to 6 by the break. Wound up winning by 7.

    Vols (11-11) now #86 per KenPom.
    Nice upset, but the Vols only get 60% credit since it was a home game. Meanwhile, SMU as an undefeated, top-10 rated team was the Zags' last chance for a signature win. Now with two losses and perhaps dropping out of the rankings, a win there won't help Gonzaga much. Beating a barely ranked team is a small achievement, not a signature win.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TravelinZag View Post
    Nice upset, but the Vols only get 60% credit since it was a home game. Meanwhile, SMU as an undefeated, top-10 rated team was the Zags' last chance for a signature win. Now with two losses and perhaps dropping out of the rankings, a win there won't help Gonzaga much. Beating a barely ranked team is a small achievement, not a signature win.
    Still helped - moved them up 20+ spots in the RPI and are now close to top 100 again (106 I believe). I hope they can sneak in and count as another 'top 100' win by end of season.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    7,518

    Default

    SMU doesn't lose at home much. 3 losses in the last 3 seasons. IIRC

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    SMU doesn't lose at home much. 3 losses in the last 3 seasons. IIRC
    Going into this season, the Zags had only lost 2 games at home the previous 3 seasons.

    Streaks can start at any time. GO ZAGS!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,567

    Default

    The SMU game IS a signature win...their #10 RPI and winning that game will go a long ways with the selection committee...in addition, we have to win our next three road games...I think those four wins puts us close to top 50 RPI...

    If we lose to a Top 100 team on the road, how does that loss effect our RPI?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9,758

    Default

    Arizona 79
    Wazzu 64

    In Pullman. Ugly game.

    Huskies trailing Arizona St. 45-32 early in the 2nd half. Plenty of time for a comeback, which I'm expecting. UW and Arizona play on Saturday in Seattle.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    7,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Arizona 79
    Wazzu 64

    In Pullman. Ugly game.

    Huskies trailing Arizona St. 45-32 early in the 2nd half. Plenty of time for a comeback, which I'm expecting. UW and Arizona play on Saturday in Seattle.
    Arizona State - 54

    Washington - 53

    12:02 2nd half.

    Dejounte Murray with 22 points.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9,758

    Default

    UW game went OT, Huskies outscored ASU 17-5 in the extra session. I didn't watch the whole game, but Murray was just tearing them up while I was tuned in. That kid is good!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    SMU doesn't lose at home much. 3 losses in the last 3 seasons. IIRC
    Yes, our only losses at Moody in the last three years were to Louisville, Arkansas and Cincinnati. And only once in the last two years, Cincinnati.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    UW game went OT, Huskies outscored ASU 17-5 in the extra session. I didn't watch the whole game, but Murray was just tearing them up while I was tuned in. That kid is good!
    Murray's got that lanky kind of George Gervin (going back) body control as he drives to the hoop and just slides by defenders fast and under control. Murray listed 6'5" 170 Very very smooth player

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Murray's got that lanky kind of George Gervin (going back) body control as he drives to the hoop and just slides by defenders fast and under control. Murray listed 6'5" 170 Very very smooth player
    Yeah he's smooth. Really good rebounder for a lanky guard, too. The 6-10 or 6-11 wingspan probably helps. I didn't realize til I saw the paper this morning, he scored 34 last night. And most of it was in regulation, he fouled out early in the OT.

    I do remember the Iceman. One thing he could do...was finger roll.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •