Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 148

Thread: LOOK AT NEXT SEASONS HYPOTHETICAL LINEUP

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,534

    Default LOOK AT NEXT SEASONS HYPOTHETICAL LINEUP

    If so and if Shem and Don'tmiss come back, our lineup for nest season will be SIIIIICK!!

    PG: Perk
    SG: NWG
    SF: JWIII
    PF: DON'TMISS
    C: KARNO

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    If so and if Shem and Don'tmiss come back, our lineup for nest season will be SIIIIICK!!

    PG: Perk
    SG: NWG
    SF: JWIII
    PF: DON'TMISS
    C: KARNO
    Asking because I am not from Spokane and you all might hear more than i do..... but... is there even a remote possibility that Karno returns for another season? For those in the know... is there more than say a 20% chance that he returns for a 5th season?

    If so,

    PG: PERKINS, NWG
    SG: NWG, PERKINS, MELSON
    SF: JWIII, ALBERTS, NORVELL, TILLIE, HICHIMURA
    PF: DOMAS, COLLINS, TILLIE
    C: KARNO, EDWARDS, LARSEN

    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Medical Lake
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Time for a new signature

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,591

    Default

    I think you're on to something, Ultra!

    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,848

    Default

    I fully expect Sabonis back next year and I think the longer it take Karno to heal, the better the chance he comes back as well. I think he would like a shot at the NBA and I don't know that will happen if he doesn't come back to show he is healthy. In any case, if both are back, depth will not be the issue next year. Here is what I'd expect to play out if everyone is in the fold.

    Starting Lineup: Karno, Sabonis, Norvell, Williams-Goss, Perkins
    Bench in Order of Time/Position: JWIII (4), Collins (4/5), Alberts (2/3), Jones (3), Melson (1/2), Tillie (4), Edwards (5)
    Redshirts: Larsen and Hachimura

    Notes
    : I kind of expect JWIII to come off the bench as I'm not sure he is a spread the floor wing type. In that case, JWIII would be first off the bench with Collins the 2nd option (both would play plenty). I could see the staff asking Melson and Tillie to redshirt, if both Sabonis and Karno come back. I would expect NWG to be the primary backup for Perkins at the point when he needs a rest. I also wouldn't be shocked if someone transferred out for playing time although I am hopeful they all stay with the program although we would be one guy over on the 13 scholarships allowed.

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Asking because I am not from Spokane and you all might hear more than i do..... but... is there even a remote possibility that Karno returns for another season? For those in the know... is there more than say a 20% chance that he returns for a 5th season?

    If so,

    PG: PERKINS, NWG
    SG: NWG, PERKINS, MELSON
    SF: JWIII, ALBERTS, NORVELL, TILLIE, HICHIMURA
    PF: DOMAS, COLLINS, TILLIE
    C: KARNO, EDWARDS, LARSEN

    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,920

    Default

    I'm still wondering if Elias Harris can play the 3. Hint hint.

    And waiting for those to chime in who ran Valency out of town on a rail a few days ago for starting a thread about next year.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Asking because I am not from Spokane and you all might hear more than i do..... but... is there even a remote possibility that Karno returns for another season? For those in the know... is there more than say a 20% chance that he returns for a 5th season?

    If so,

    PG: PERKINS, NWG
    SG: NWG, PERKINS, MELSON
    SF: JWIII, ALBERTS, NORVELL, TILLIE, HICHIMURA
    PF: DOMAS, COLLINS, TILLIE
    C: KARNO, EDWARDS, LARSEN

    <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    Isn't that all 14 of the 13 allowed schollies?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post

    And waiting for those to chime in who ran Valency out of town on a rail a few days ago for starting a thread about next year.
    Probably won't be a long wait. . .


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

    Thanks for the memories.

  9. #9

    Default

    A lot of this is a crap shoot, at this point.

    I am not in practice, so I cannot comment on J3. *IF* he has developed an even 38% 3-point shot, then yes, you will see him play some 3. He's already shown he can be explosive on the dribble-drive from the wing, he has show that he can finish at the rim, he has the size and athleticism to create scary mismatches out there...he just hasn't shown (pre-Gonzaga) that he has much of a shot within a F/C distance.

    As well, Karno and Sabo are still up in the air. Domas has had a few not great games, but if he continues his tear through the stats and has a strong March, my money is on him leaving. Karno? Who knows. Maybe he sees that despite the NBA dreams, he needs to capitalize on his size and perhaps feels that the back injury changes his timeline to do so. If he comes back, then great...but I want him to be happiest. Even if that isn't with the Zags, next season.

    Lots of questions that will be hard to answer for now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Will someone please help an ignorant Redshirt out and tell me who JWIII is and maybe just a touch about him.
    "Thank You, thank you very much."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Looked it up on Zag website. Not only ignorant, slow stupid. Still, is he really for real!?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
    Looked it up on Zag website. Not only ignorant, slow stupid. Still, is he really for real!?
    ESPN ranked him 55th in hs class. Chose Missouri over an offer from Michigan State among others. Transfer offer from SMU. So Izzo and Brown wanted him.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Only guarantee we have right now is that the players we have right now will not be the same players we have next year.Who stays will effect who leaves. Who comes in will effect who stays. Anyone who stays will not look like the same player they are right now.

    Basically March will tell many tales.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
    Looked it up on Zag website. Not only ignorant, slow stupid. Still, is he really for real!?
    The only time I've seen him play was the midnight madness scrimmage. On that particular night, for those particular 20 minutes, he was the best player on the floor, IMO.

    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...n-williams-iii
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,534

    Default

    really? Now you've piqued my interest. Was he shooting threes and slashing like a wing, or posting up like a pf? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    The only time I've seen him play was the midnight madness scrimmage. On that particular night, for those particular 20 minutes, he was the best player on the floor, IMO.

    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...n-williams-iii

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    really? Now you've piqued my interest. Was he shooting threes and slashing like a wing, or posting up like a pf? Thanks
    What I remember was mid-range jumpers & rebounding out of his area. Someone else may correct me if need be.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,780

    Default

    His junior year he shot about 64 3s at .344 percent (about 2 a game to keep them honest). He had about 228 rebounds and shot 167 free throws (looks like he attacks the rim). Looks more mid range, but must learn how to pass the assists.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zag67 View Post
    His junior year he shot about 64 3s at .344 percent (about 2 a game to keep them honest). He had about 228 rebounds and shot 167 free throws (looks like he attacks the rim). Looks more mid range, but must learn how to pass the assists.
    Meh. KD is at about 2.5 a game and 38%. Getting to that volume and percentage wouldn't be impossible. The question is, can he get there, and is it worth it for him to spend time out on the wing from a value perspective of what might be lost inside?

    The good thing is that he was heavily leaned on as both a frosh and second year player. He also didn't have stellar rebounding numbers, so it will be interesting to see how he is used. Might not necessarily be an issue having him on the wing if we have enough forwards that need post minutes. But yes, his AST% needs to be a lot higher. That could also be a product of the system and situation, however.

    Can't really be definitive, at this point.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    Meh. KD is at about 2.5 a game and 38%. Getting to that volume and percentage wouldn't be impossible. The question is, can he get there, and is it worth it for him to spend time out on the wing from a value perspective of what might be lost inside?

    The good thing is that he was heavily leaned on as both a frosh and second year player. He also didn't have stellar rebounding numbers, so it will be interesting to see how he is used. Might not necessarily be an issue having him on the wing if we have enough forwards that need post minutes. But yes, his AST% needs to be a lot higher. That could also be a product of the system and situation, however.

    Can't really be definitive, at this point.
    Coach, what is your definition of stellar? Avg. 7.1RPG in 29.4 MPG in the SEC. That seems pretty strong to me. He would have most WCC teams overmatched, IMO.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    Meh. KD is at about 2.5 a game and 38%. Getting to that volume and percentage wouldn't be impossible. The question is, can he get there, and is it worth it for him to spend time out on the wing from a value perspective of what might be lost inside?

    The good thing is that he was heavily leaned on as both a frosh and second year player. He also didn't have stellar rebounding numbers, so it will be interesting to see how he is used. Might not necessarily be an issue having him on the wing if we have enough forwards that need post minutes. But yes, his AST% needs to be a lot higher. That could also be a product of the system and situation, however.

    Can't really be definitive, at this point.
    "IF" PK & DS both return, along with Edwards JWIII and then add Collins and Larsen...someone isn't going to get much if any PT and whom do you think that would be?

    The back court will be fine with, PK, BA, SM, Zack, Goss & Tillie...there are a lot of inter changeable "parts" in the back court. Does anyone think PT will also be an issue?

    Will red shirts be an answer?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,488

    Default

    Rumor has it --JWIII is giving Sabonis a good workout in practice---and having that level of athletic competition on a daily basis has really helped Sabonis.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Rumor has it --JWIII is giving Sabonis a good workout in practice---and having that level of athletic competition on a daily basis has really helped Sabonis.
    For the team to be truly special next year, both JWIII and Sabonis will be needed, as will Collins.

    Unless JWIII is much different than what we've seen so far (possible), I wouldn't expect any of them to play the 3 though. Alberts is the current starter at the 3 and should remain just that until someone can take it from him... and the more minutes he plays and the more he develops, the harder it's going to be to take it away. Alberts does a lot of little things pretty well, and he doesn't make stupid mistakes, AND he's a great shooter. More minutes should translate into more confidence with his shot and continued development defensively, and on the glass. By the end of this year, he may lock down the starting 3 spot next year.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG#1 View Post
    For the team to be truly special next year, both JWIII and Sabonis will be needed, as will Collins.

    Unless JWIII is much different than what we've seen so far (possible), I wouldn't expect any of them to play the 3 though. Alberts is the current starter at the 3 and should remain just that until someone can take it from him... and the more minutes he plays and the more he develops, the harder it's going to be to take it away. Alberts does a lot of little things pretty well, and he doesn't make stupid mistakes, AND he's a great shooter. More minutes should translate into more confidence with his shot and continued development defensively, and on the glass. By the end of this year, he may lock down the starting 3 spot next year.
    You know thats a good point. We see time and again how much it takes to get comfortable with D1 play and no matter what they are playing like now, the guards are only getting more and more experience in the system, with the speed, with the physicality... Tillie, Norvell, they might be dang good, and Im looking forward to seeing them but its a rare thing to be D1 ready right off the bat like Pangos, Bell... Collins JWIII and NWG are proven commodities, much more so than any of our previous transfers.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Coach, what is your definition of stellar? Avg. 7.1RPG in 29.4 MPG in the SEC. That seems pretty strong to me. He would have most WCC teams overmatched, IMO.
    My apologies, I was referencing total rebounding percentage. Domas is about 5% higher, but J3 would actually be the second best rebounder on this team. And that's with playing in whatever aimless, awful mess Mizzou was his sophomore year. Here his role will be more defined.

    So, to add another question to the mix concerning J3 (aside from the other 2) is it worth it for him to play a little bit of both the 4 and the 3 if it means getting him on the floor? I'm going to write off some of his sophomore stats, because again, that team was worse off than Romar's team last year.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,534

    Default

    We can read normal lower case.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •