Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Panic meter

Default Panic meter

I'm a 4.
    Love the zags for life

I'm at a 0. It's just f****** basketball

Well duuuuh. . I'm talking hoop panic meter and not WW3.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Ezag View Post
    I'm at a 0. It's just f****** basketball
    Win.

Still Zero. We knew going in this wouldn't be a carefree string of victories with the new gaurds. Karno was just added grief. So let's support out guys. All this doom and gloom is sorta redundant. We'don't exactly have a terrible season going on anyway. 12 pts from perfect. Lots of V's ahead sprinkled with a few L's . no big deal.

Thank you Abe for a basketball response.

Others? Why are you here? I understand its basketball. Just basketball. Well if its just basketball and their is no worry, why are you on guboard? You should be at a child hospital or soup kitchen.

To clarify this panic meter is about hoops. Jesus.
    Love the zags for life

"Omigod!!!! The Commies are coming over the wall!!! Lock yourselves in the closet with a shotgun, a flashlight and a week's supply of canned tuna!!!"

Feels about where my panic level has been since Austin blocked that last shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Still Zero. We knew going in this wouldn't be a carefree string of victories with the new gaurds. Karno was just added grief. So let's support out guys. All this doom and gloom is sorta redundant. We'don't exactly have a terrible season going on anyway. 12 pts from perfect. Lots of V's ahead sprinkled with a few L's . no big deal.

Vs and Ls, I like it, Doc. A new paradigm.

Panic may not be an appropriate word. However, three HOME losses while FAVORED? When is the last time a Zags team has done that? Pretty sure not in the Kennel era. Perhaps I deceived myself that this year's team was stepping up and reinventing itself, that they believed they could win and were committed to doing it. I'll wait just a bit before deserting ship. I would hope that the shame of potentially missing the tournament, which has never happened under Coach Few, may be enough incentive to right the ship. The next several games will tell the story. Unless the Zags defeat the Mustangs on the road, they may need to win the WCC tourney to receive a ticket to the dance.

Go Zags. Have some pride. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    "Omigod!!!! The Commies are coming over the wall!!! Lock yourselves in the closet with a shotgun, a flashlight and a week's supply of canned tuna!!!"

Feels about where my panic level has been since Austin blocked that last shot.
    I suspect that the players and coaches are more emotionally stable than I am.

Doc,

It is nearly impossible to NOT support these guys! They are a great bunch of guys who are excellent basketball players...it is so unfortunate especially for PK and the team that he is injured and unable to play...everyone one on the team expected everyone to play the entire year and their hoops' dreams for this season were based on that premise. Sure we the fans are truly unhappy so far with this season's direction and we just feel helpless, because there is absolutely nothing we can do to assist but this TEAM has had and will continue to have my support...

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    I'm a 4.
    I'm with ya at a 4.

The teamrankings site ( https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-to.../bracketology/ ) which is one of my favorites, had zags at an 84% chance of making the tourney pre-BYU game. After the Loss, now has zags at 71% chance. Also, they project 'most likely' seed and it changed them from a 9-seed to a 12-seed.

In the consecutive tournament appearance list, zags streak has been tied w/ Wisconsin since the run began. Badgers streak is in serious jeopardy and so when the zags make it in this year, there will be one less team on that list below the

zags.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_M...ve_appearances

6. Think right now we're about 50/50 to even make the dance. Good thing we have Few, Sabonis, Wiltjer, and Perkins. The lack of depth is critical though.

12 points from perfect, lol

How long are you gonna keep doing this?

"27 points from perfect! 30 points from perfect!"

how about 4 losses, 3 at home?

No panic at all....the loss to BYU was disappointing, as I thought the team had made some progress ......but it is not a deal breaker for still winning the Conference.

I knew this was a rebuilding year from the get go and injuries are part of every sport. Never expected to replace 3 senior starters (now 4) without a lot of bumps in the road to the Conference Championship, which was my hope.

Quote Originally Posted by GUfan34 View Post

Also eight points from 10-7

+1.

My basketball panic meter is a 2.

My 401(k) panic meter is a 6.5.

Guess which one means more on this fine January day. . .

Beat San Diego !
    Last edited by RenoZag; 01-16-2016 at 08:00 AM. Reason: brain freeze

Let me take off my rose colored glasses and take a look at who we play and what we accomplished. We have some close loses which are measured the same as 40 point loses. We play bad at home. We must have broken a record for most losses in the kennel and we are only half way through the season. We have the shortest bench I can recall ever seeing. The lowest fg% for guards. They can do it and turn things around. But there is a lot of risk. I think BYU was the benchmark test and we are not there yet and time is ticking by.

So I say 5. 50% 50%. They need to pick it up a notch or risk playing in Wyoming in March. A lot on their shoulders let's hope they don't catch the flu or something. When you have 20 years of success their are a lot of people that would like to knock us off our pedestal and end our era. Don't expect favors from the committee.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    +1.

My basketball panic meter is a 2.

My 401(k) panic meter is a 6.5.

Guess which one means more on this fine January day. . .

Beat San Diego !
    My 401k panic meter is at 0.5. We're dollar cost averaging off the highs for a change.

I kind of wish I could retire now, and roll my plan into a self directed account. I'd be writing covered calls on Exxon.

Lol thank you
    Love the zags for life

It's not easy. Our RPI dropped around 30 points with that loss. It's al good too because it would equal out if we beat SMU. Still not worried but heading towards concerned
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Until this becomes part of people's metric for evaluation. If the table was turned, and we would have won all but one loss, would we really be in a much different state? We'd still be the same team. The margin isn't all that matters, but it matters. Just about keeping a little perspective.

If we had just scored more points than A&M, Arizona, UCLA and BYU....we'd be perfect! Damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by BBzag View Post
    Also eight points from 10-7
    Yup.

It's a down year. That's ok! People just need to accept it.

We were in the elite 8 last year. It doesn't get much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Thank you Abe for a basketball response.

Others? Why are you here? I understand its basketball. Just basketball. Well if its just basketball and their is no worry, why are you on guboard? You should be at a child hospital or soup kitchen.

To clarify this panic meter is about hoops. Jesus.
    hoops. Jesus = Jesus Shuttlesworth. In that case, no panic.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.