• Wiltjer

4 3.54%
  • McClellan

5 4.42%
  • Somone else (who?)

4 3.54%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: - - -GUnit of the Game- - - (@ USF)--- 1. 02. 2016

Yes EMaC and Dranginis did play good at the end and in overtime, but honestly they played pretty bad most of the game imo, and were the reasons why we got so far behind. How many really good shots did Dranginis pass up over and over. No one was even guarding him. His failure to shoot helps opponents sag guys off onto Wiltjer and Sabonis. And EMAC missed everything all night long, even his layups. He looked really bad imo. Melson too. But fortunately the Zagness came to the surface and the guys actually began to play like Zags. It sure took a long time. I hate playing in that gym. It always seems to go the way it went tonight. On many nights in the past Gonzaga would have lost that game. San Francisco played so well, and we played so bad. But something inside them, as a team as a band of brothers woke up tonight. And it was beautiful to see. That ended up to be a great game. One I will always remember I think. A game like this builds real character.

Way to Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Any vote for someone other than Wiltjer or Sabonis requires an explanation. EMac played terribly. A few free throws at the end does not change this.
    ..you are only looking at part of the game....EMac turned up the defense when it counted and really helped take SF out of their game....combined with the clutch FT's ...EMac was far from terrible!! ..not player of the game...but definitely not terrible.
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Hmmm, I think I'll vote for the guy who lead the team in:

Blocked shots
    Assists

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Yes EMaC and Dranginis did play good at the end and in overtime, but honestly they played pretty bad most of the game imo, and were the reasons why we got so far behind. How many really good shots did Dranginis pass up over and over. No one was even guarding him. His failure to shoot helps opponents sag guys off onto Wiltjer and Sabonis. And EMAC missed everything all night long, even his layups. He looked really bad imo. Melson too. But fortunately the Zagness came to the surface and the guys actually began to play like Zags. It sure took a long time. I hate playing in that gym. It always seems to go the way it went tonight. On many nights in the past Gonzaga would have lost that game. San Francisco played so well, and we played so bad. But something inside them, as a team as a band of brothers woke up tonight. And it was beautiful to see. That ended up to be a great game. One I will always remember I think. A game like this builds real character.

Way to Go Zags!!!
    ..right on with the assessment of KD....he starts to be a liability when he fails to shoot the open looks ....even a miss will cause the defense to extend a little the next time down, but if you never shoot, they will sag and clog up the low post. He's got too good a shot not to let it fly occasionally, just to keep the defense honest.
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Had to go with Sabonis - just a monster game, and love his attitude down the stretch. Really calls for the ball when things get tough. Shout out to KD - at least 3 offensive rebounds off free throws, plus a couple of big shots (he definitely needs to take more of those). I am still a little nervous when Melson is in there (although his defense seems to be fairly good) - but why was Alberts not playing much?

KD had passed up so many open looks throughout the game that I was actually surprised (shocked?) when he put up that huge three-ball late that pretty well sealed the win. That should be a confidence builder for him ... sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by zag buddy View Post
    I voted for the team.
    you voted for the team this time?
    that's ridiculous,
    whenever the zags win a basketball game,
    it is Never due to the team.
    Jeese, it is always just one guy that wins the game, you ought to know that ...

These polls are so bizarre sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    you voted for the team this time?
    that's ridiculous,
    whenever the zags win a basketball game,
    it is Never due to the team.
    Jeese, it is always just one guy that wins the game, you ought to know that ...
    Yah, I voted for Sabonis ..... But, it was sure great to watch the ZagS win that game.

DS was brilliant for 45 mins. It's amusing to see arguments made for players who stunk it up for 35 and made an occasional contribution. If KW is a distant 2d, and he was IMO, no other Zag should get a vote.

sabonis had the best overall game, but perkins hit the biggest shot imo when he cut it from 6 to 3 with around 2 min to go...

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Hmmm, I think I'll vote for the guy who lead the team in:

Blocked shots
    Assists
    That seems to make sense...I did see some important plays by others....but I am beginning to think, this is his team...

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaZagFan View Post
    ..you are only looking at part of the game....EMac turned up the defense when it counted and really helped take SF out of their game....combined with the clutch FT's ...EMac was far from terrible!! ..not player of the game...but definitely not terrible.
    Perimeter d by all the guards was medicore to bad. EMac contributed to that most of the game in addition to inept offensive play. Slap in the face to wiltjer that he has less votes when Sabonis and Wiltjer were the only 2 guys who gave the Bulldogs a shot to win.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    sabonis had the best overall game, but perkins hit the biggest shot imo when he cut it from 6 to 3 with around 2 min to go...
    Wiltjer's put-backs and deep 3 were pretty huge. As well as his other 20 some points

...put-backs by missed shots by the guards, no less. Gave them an extra possession

Sabonis was great, but my vote goes to the entire team. They played through some red hot SF shooting and multiple circus shots by Watson. The poise was noticeable.

Just a phenomenal come back win. Moments like this bring a team together.

Sabonis gets my vote. He is just so good at imposing his will. Wiltjer is runner up, made some huge shots and grabs some key rebounds.