Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Foo Star Wars Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    They sure made him a giant in the hologram. That was kind of creepy.

Finn being Luke's son? A stormtrooper? There's a backstory I wouldn't mind hearing, and I, too, thought it was crazy weird that Finn did so well. But, then again, right after that, Kylo got his ass kicked by a girl, so maybe he just sucks. Yes, yes, I know - she definitely had more "natural Force" stuff than anyone b/c she used her Jedi mind trick without knowing it was even possible. Kidding about the girl stuff.

Is it possible that she's Obi Wan's grand-daughter or something? I know that the Jedi back then didn't get into relationships, but ....

I guess it's ridiculous for me to speculate, when even the people that have read the side stories don't know.
    Rey is Annakin Skywalker reincarnated. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Latest Snoke theory I have read is that he is an ancient Jedi from the original order. This theory is supported by the design of Kylo Ren's lightsaber (supposedly an old, out dated style), Luke hanging out at the original Jedi temple in an apparent attempt to learn more about Snoke and the title of the new movie, the last Jedi which is supposedly a reference to Snoke.

Personally, I don't think this theory is accurate but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Rey is Annakin Skywalker reincarnated. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Latest Snoke theory I have read is that he is an ancient Jedi from the original order. This theory is supported by the design of Kylo Ren's lightsaber (supposedly an old, out dated style), Luke hanging out at the original Jedi temple in an apparent attempt to learn more about Snoke and the title of the new movie, the last Jedi which is supposedly a reference to Snoke.

Personally, I don't think this theory is accurate but who knows.
    I could fall in love with your idea about Annakin reincarnated, if it weren't for the fact that there is an article posted here about the actress who plays Rey stating that she thought the original movie answered the question and it seemed obvious to her. The one and only "obvious" takeaway would be that she's Luke's daughter. Dunno.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I could fall in love with your idea about Annakin reincarnated, if it weren't for the fact that there is an article posted here about the actress who plays Rey stating that she thought the original movie answered the question and it seemed obvious to her. The one and only "obvious" takeaway would be that she's Luke's daughter. Dunno.

My problem with Rey being Luke's or Leia/Han's daughter is that she was abandoned alone as a little kid on Jakku. What kind of parent's would do that?

My problem with Rey being Luke's or Leia/Han's daughter is that she was abandoned alone as a little kid on Jakku. What kind of parent's would do that?
    True. Were you the one that proposed the Luke left because he worried he'd fall to the Dark Side if he went after Snoke for the raid on his Jedi school. Of course, now we have the stuff about Luke going to the original temple, and the stuff that happened in the past.

I just like hearing you guys speculate b/c I don't know as much about "big picture" stuff. I don't know how I missed reading the books as a kid, but I did.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

One who had the same thing done to him perhaps? One that knows the best place to hide a Skywalker is on a desert planet?
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    One who had the same thing done to him perhaps? One that knows the best place to hide a Skywalker is on a desert planet?
    I thought they were the same planet? I guess not or they would've showed the same two suns (that was cool - despite being totally "movie stuff," b/c binary star system are still generally so far apart they only look like an especially bright star in the night sky. Sorry, I'm a space nut and was surprised to learn that.) Now hearing it's not the same planet makes sense.

And, that is interesting, the parallel in terms of a child growing up without parents. Though, Luke was left with his uncle/aunt (right?) and had Obi Wan looking out for him. Rey seemed truly abandoned.
    Mark Twain.

I thought they were the same planet? I guess not or they would've showed the same two suns (that was cool - despite being totally "movie stuff," b/c binary star system are still generally so far apart they only look like an especially bright star in the night sky. Sorry, I'm a space nut and was surprised to learn that.) Now hearing it's not the same planet makes sense.

And, that is interesting, the parallel in terms of a child growing up without parents. Though, Luke was left with his uncle/aunt (right?) and had Obi Wan looking out for him. Rey seemed truly abandoned.
    I don't think she was truly abandoned. Hidden would be a more accurate term. She was left with Unkar Plutt.

I suspect that he was known to whomever "left" her there and instructed to watch over her.

There was also a Skywalker ally/hermit figure living within walking distance in the form of Lor San Tekka.
    I suspect that he was watching her from afar much as Obi Wan did with Luke on Tatooine.

That's a good post.

As the dad of a little girl, it's silly, but it's heartbreaking to see that picture.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I don't think she was truly abandoned. Hidden would be a more accurate term. She was left with Unkar Plutt.
    Well, one would almost prefer abandonment to being left with Unkar Plutt. As a fan, it would be soooo dissapointing to find out one of my favorite characters like Luke or Leia would be so callous as to leave a child behind like that.

Luke, by the way, was brought to his own loving family as an infant and was well cared for.

Speaking of which, Unkar had his arm torn off by Chewbacca in a scene that never made the cut in the "Force Awakens" movie.

Nope Luke grew up on Tatooine, Rey was on Jakku. Jakku was the sight of a major battle that occurred about 1 year after the Battle of Endor (better know as Return of the Jedi).
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Does it support the "Luke is Rey's Father" Theory, that he left the final piece to his whereabouts at Jakku, where Rey had been the whole time?
    Mark Twain.

Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

And tomorrow is the Revenge of the Fifth

ˇArriba!

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Han Solo Villa

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Somehow I'm the only one in our house who wore a Star Wars shirt today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Somehow I'm the only one in our house who wore a Star Wars shirt today.
    We knew we could count on you!
    Mark Twain.

Default Rolling Stone lists the Top 50 Star Wars characters

Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

LMAO.... Jar Jar... rates below a droid that blew a gasket when Uncle Owen went to buy him.

So, I was brewing a couple weeks ago and New Hope was on in the background as we were finishing up. Uncle Owen says... "Well, he'd better have those units in the South Ridge repaired by midday, or there'll be hell to pay." To which I deadpanned... "Don't worry Uncle Owen, you'll be dead and a charred corpse by morning."

Was that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    So, I was brewing a couple weeks ago and New Hope was on in the background as we were finishing up. Uncle Owen says... "Well, he'd better have those units in the South Ridge repaired by midday, or there'll be hell to pay." To which I deadpanned... "Don't worry Uncle Owen, you'll be dead and a charred corpse by morning."

Was that wrong?
    No, in fact, that actually did happen.

So, your sentiments aside, and you wanting him off the boy's back, the facts are such that it came to pass, so you are 100% correct, even though you might have been sneering at him at the time.

Mark Twain.

Interesting article on possible trouble with filming the next stand alone Star Wars movie, the one about a young Han Solo. http://www.esquire.com/entertainment...rs-9-problems/

Edwards, who conceived of Rogue One as a dark war film, was shunted aside; and now this. For all the talk of hiring filmmakers with their own vision, observers say Kennedy and Disney may be learning that the franchise is defined by a particular set of parameters. "All of the films have been 'troubled,'" says a top executive at a rival studio. "J.J. [Abrams] was powerful enough to push back on an unrealistic start date [for the first movie] but that was a tug of war. The last one was reshot by Tony [Gilroy] for months and now this? This is a systemic problem."
    Entire article is soberly written survey of the topic, not an over the top thing. I thought it would be of interest to the real big fans here.

It also has a link to a similar article on Episode IX: http://www.esquire.com/entertainment...book-of-henry/

But this could also be disappointing for anyone emotionally invested in the final three Star Wars movies. That's because Trevorrow, the man who made the disaster that is The Book of Henry, is also directing Star Wars: Episode IX.
    Again, neither article seems written intentionally to stir the sht and draw eyeballs. Both seem zeroed in on whether there is trouble underlying some of this.
    Mark Twain.

Will hurt the feelings a little of the true fans here (I'm close, but not the purest of some). But, worth reading and is thought provoking: http://www.esquire.com/entertainment...the-last-jedi/

That trend continues in 2017. This month we saw images of two new mega-machines that'll debut in this year's Star Wars: The Last Jedi: the new AT-AT, called the AT-M6 (All Terrain Megacaliber Six), and The First Order's Dreadnaught (which looks like a giant slice of pizza.) We're going to focus on the AT-M6 armored troop transport. Compared to the already dismal batting average for creating tanks that would actually be effective in a galaxy, far, far away, Star Wars somehow found a new low.
    First, I need to put it out there once again: The original Imperial Walker is a dreadful design. It must be the result of some patronage scheme involving a Sith-friendly robotics manufacturer. Walking robots have inherent stability problems, and in nearly any scenario, a tracked or wheeled vehicle is much, much better.

It's not just the feet, either. The AT-ATs were terrible also because of their ridiculous size. Packing all of your invading troops into a handful of transports is a terrible idea. It's better to distribute them among many smaller vehicles, so a successful attack doesn't kill as many troops. How did the Imperials ever win Hoth?
    But it gets worse. They also kept the awkward, bumbling legs, with one key difference. The AT-M6's front legs bend at the wrist and the knee, essentially making this new tank a giant gorilla instead of a bumbling elephant.
    Mark Twain.

Some behind the scenes stuff - fun, along with the trailer already out:

Mark Twain.

I just got tickets to the Last Jedi.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kJ36oNzD2zo

Last edited by Martin Centre Mad Man; 10-10-2017 at 06:40 PM.

So opens this late this week. Anyone plan on going early or most wait a bit?

We got our tix for matinee on Sat.
    Mark Twain.