Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Foo Star Wars Thread

She says the answer is in there: http://www.timeout.com/london/blog/w...-ridley-120516

Ridley has already revealed that in the as-yet-untitled Episode VIII, due in 2017, we'll learn a lot more about her character Rey's mysterious backstory. We asked if it'd feel good to get the secret off her chest – and her answer startled us. 'I thought a lot was answered in "The Force Awakens",' she said. 'Then after the screening I went for a drink with my agent and everyone, and we were chatting away and I realised that oh, in their minds it’s not answered at all!'
    I didn't see any clues that she was Vader incarnated, and I still want to know if that means "good Vader" or "bad Vader."

I could stare at her all day.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I didn't see any clues that she was Vader incarnated, and I still want to know if that means "good Vader" or "bad Vader."
    Good vader. Bad Vader vanquised himself in Return of the Jedi and therefore doesn't exist. Furthermore, Annakin appeared at the end of Return of the Jedi as a "force ghost", along side Obi Wan and Yoda.

The biggest evidence for me is how powerful Rey was with no exposure or training in the force. She was able to overpower Kylo Ren in the use of jedi mind trick and then in a lightsaber battle.

No one in the 8 Star Wars movies, except maybe Annakin, showed that much potential/power with no exposure or training in the force.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Good vader. Bad Vader vanquised himself in Return of the Jedi and therefore doesn't exist. Furthermore, Annakin appeared at the end of Return of the Jedi as a "force ghost", along side Obi Wan and Yoda.

The biggest evidence for me is how powerful Rey was with no exposure or training in the force. She was able to overpower Kylo Ren in the use of jedi mind trick and then in a lightsaber battle.

No one in the 8 Star Wars movies, except maybe Annakin, showed that much potential/power with no exposure or training in the force.
    I sense a disturbance in the Force (or just a wild guess) which leads me to believe the following:

1. Rey is a grandchild of Annakin, most likely Luke's daughter.

2. She was present at Luke's Jedi academy when Kylo and the Knights of Ren massacred the other students and faculty.

3. Luke was not present during that betrayal. He was not there to protect her or the other students. He may not even be aware that she survived.

4. Kylo Ren went against Snoke's orders by allowing her to survive the purge.

5. Kylo Ren protected his younger cousin (sister?) by stashing her on Jakku - away from Snoke's prying eyes.

6. Luke retreated into hiding and meditation to prevent his rage and desire for revenge from leading him to the Dark Side.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    My son is convinced that Snoke is either Mace Windu or Darth Plegueis.
    I can see Darth Plegueis. Not Mace.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I can see Darth Plegueis. Not Mace.
    My son's a fifth-grader. His friends are all convinced that Snoke's scars are from the electrical burns the Emperor inflicted on Mace just before he died.

I sense a disturbance in the Force (or just a wild guess) which leads me to believe the following:

1. Rey is a grandchild of Annakin, most likely Luke's daughter.

2. She was present at Luke's Jedi academy when Kylo and the Knights of Ren massacred the other students and faculty.

3. Luke was not present during that betrayal. He was not there to protect her or the other students. He may not even be aware that she survived.

4. Kylo Ren went against Snoke's orders by allowing her to survive the purge.

5. Kylo Ren protected his younger cousin (sister?) by stashing her on Jakku - away from Snoke's prying eyes.

6. Luke retreated into hiding and meditation to prevent his rage and desire for revenge from leading him to the Dark Side.
    1. This is my thinking... as well... but she is most assuredly Skywalker blood.
    2. Not so sure about this. They, whoever they is, hid her from Kylo.
    3. Possibly... the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Luke is the father... his force ability was as powerful as his father's Leia doesn't seem to have the abilities at the same level.
    4. Gotta disagree on this one. The conversations about Rey between Snoke and Kylo would indicate differently.
    5. Really think this is a leap... but with your line of thinking I can see it... but his genuine surprise in her ability makes it seem unlikely.
    6. This I definitely agree with.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

My son's a fifth-grader. His friends are all convinced that Snoke's scars are from the electrical burns the Emperor inflicted on Mace just before he died.
    In the canonized novel of Force Awakens (supposedly, haven't read it yet) it says Snoke was alive to watch the rise and fall of the galactic empire.

"Snoke"

SMDH

Such good names, "Han" - "Luke" - "Vedar" - Yoda - Obi Wan - Annakin - Kylo - Rey ...

"Snoke"

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

"Snoke"

SMDH

Such good names, "Han" - "Luke" - "Vedar" - Yoda - Obi Wan - Annakin - Kylo - Rey ...

"Snoke"

It could have been, "Dooku."

I can sort of .... sort of relate bc it is harder to make-up "non English word, or even "Earth" names" and so - in order to avoid the "Snoke" traps, I've always stayed simple:

Sabel
    Lornan
    Pannan
    Stokar

Lord in heaven, beaver sh!t on a stick, I dearly hope none of them sound as dumb as "Snoke."
    Mark Twain.

Star War figures that never happened?

http://lazergundiplomacy.blogspot.co...nt-to-see.html

She says the answer is in there: http://www.timeout.com/london/blog/w...-ridley-120516

I could stare at her all day.

She is lovely. If I was a talented science fiction author, I might be tempted to write a screenplay just for her.

She is lovely. If I was a talented science fiction author, I might be tempted to write a screenplay just for her.
    Wish I knew one.
    Mark Twain.

http://firstordernews.blogspot.com/2...darth.html?m=1

a more complete version of the Darth Vader reincarnation theory

Nice!

Because here is MANDATORY READING for all the Star Wars buffs. A good, but weird, Huffpost article on who might be the actual "last Jedi." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...0024605fe002c?
    Mark Twain.

Because here is MANDATORY READING for all the Star Wars buffs. A good, but weird, Huffpost article on who might be the actual "last Jedi." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...0024605fe002c?

WHAT PART OF MANDATORY READING was unclear?

On a day when I'm struggling to get through total crap stuff for work, I was looking forward to hearing what the real Star Wars people here thought of the above theory.
    Mark Twain.

WHAT PART OF MANDATORY READING was unclear?

On a day when I'm struggling to get through total crap stuff for work, I was looking forward to hearing what the real Star Wars people here thought of the above theory.
    It says: "We are sorry, the video has been removed."

Guess it is Luke.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    It says: "We are sorry, the video has been removed."

Guess it is Luke.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    To bad that the video has been removed but there's an entire article down below it that sets out the entire theory. You wouldn't notice unless you scroll down below, so - my bad. Everyone gets an excuse, for the next 6 hours.

They speculate that it might well not be Luke.

Mark Twain.

Gentlemen... Please. We all know the plural for Jedi... is Jedi. Doesn't have to be one.

Gentlemen... Please. We all know the plural for Jedi... is Jedi. Doesn't have to be one.
    But, technically, I said an article on "who" might be the last jedi." That can also be read as plural.*

*I admit that I did not consider that it could easily be more than one.

I thought the stuff on everyone trying to get at some secret or something from the original jedi and the focus on jedi history (within the movies) was interesting.
    Mark Twain.

The Mace Windu theory is starting to grow on me... and the theory of Finn being his son... intrigues me even more. It did strike me as a bit odd that he held his own somewhat with Kylo with no training with a light saber. Perhaps the awakening isn't just Rey, but also Finn???

The Mace Windu theory is starting to grow on me... and the theory of Finn being his son... intrigues me even more. It did strike me as a bit odd that he held his own somewhat with Kylo with no training with a light saber. Perhaps the awakening isn't just Rey, but also Finn???
    I have read that Snoke is a giant 9 foot tall puppet in the upcoming Episode 8. If true, I think that would rule out the Mace Windu as Snoke theory.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    I have read that Snoke is a giant 9 foot tall puppet in the upcoming Episode 8. If true, I think that would rule out the Mace Windu as Snoke theory.
    They sure made him a giant in the hologram. That was kind of creepy.

Finn being Luke's son? A stormtrooper? There's a backstory I wouldn't mind hearing, and I, too, thought it was crazy weird that Finn did so well. But, then again, right after that, Kylo got his ass kicked by a girl, so maybe he just sucks. Yes, yes, I know - she definitely had more "natural Force" stuff than anyone b/c she used her Jedi mind trick without knowing it was even possible. Kidding about the girl stuff.

Is it possible that she's Obi Wan's grand-daughter or something? I know that the Jedi back then didn't get into relationships, but ....

I guess it's ridiculous for me to speculate, when even the people that have read the side stories don't know.
    Mark Twain.