X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

I'm definitely going to Rogue One, even though I'm not versed in the Star Wars series the way some here are. I probably go to one movie a year nowadays, max, so they have to be "events" for me to go. This seems like a good candidate as an event. I hope it is a good show with good reviews. I would hope they're freer with the story lines b/c the other series is getting repetitive so far.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• DZ
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

Esquire say Rey's dad isn't supposed to be a mystery, supposedly obvious: http://www.esquire.com/entertainment...y-rey-parents/

"I thought a lot was answered in The Force Awakens," Ridley told Time Out. "Then after the [first] screening, I went for a drink with my agent and everyone, and we were chatting away and I realized that oh, in their minds it's not answered at all!"

What this suggests is that we're all now trained to see fan-baiting mystery where there is none, and that the most obvious answer—that Luke Skywalker is Rey's dad—is probably correct. But that's only half an answer to the question, and if anything, this makes the identity of Rey's mom more mysterious than ever, since Luke is a hermit whose only canonical romantic interaction was that time he kissed his sister.
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

• DZ
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2007

Looks good:

Mark Twain.

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

Submitted without comment:

Mark Twain.

Comment

• DZ
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2007

Very cool deleted scene from The Force Awakens; Chewie being a bit more of a badass (violent one) than we've seen.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• DZ
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

I'm not letting this fall down below 2 or 3 off the top line until someone acknowledges how much better the movie might have been had Chewie been shown ripping someone's arm off - bottom line.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• DZ
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2007

Damnit!

Twice in one day this thing falls to low down without a single comment about Chewie ripping a damn arm off!

Come on Star Wars people! Demand more badass scenes like this. Plus, Rey's just hot. Needs to be in every scene.
                Mark Twain.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                  Damnit!

Twice in one day this thing falls to low down without a single comment about Chewie ripping a damn arm off!

Come on Star Wars people! Demand more badass scenes like this. Plus, Rey's just hot. Needs to be in every scene.
                  “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• DZ
                    Zag for Life
                    • Sep 2007

Thank you thank you thank you!
                    Mark Twain.

Comment

• former1dog
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Rey is Darth Vader reincarnated.

Discuss.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                        • Feb 2007

Don't think so. She is either Luke's kid or she is the daughter of Han and Leia and they hid her from Kylo. If anyone is Darth re-incarnated, I'd go with Snoke
                        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                          Don't think so. She is either Luke's kid or she is the daughter of Han and Leia and they hid her from Kylo. If anyone is Darth re-incarnated, I'd go with Snoke
                          My son is convinced that Snoke is either Mace Windu or Darth Plegueis.
                          “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• former1dog
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                            Several points in support of my theory:

- Darth Vader turned back to the light side of the force at the end of Return of the Jedi. He also appeared to become a "force ghost" along Obi Wan Kenobi and Yoda and is seen smiling at the celebration at the empire's defeat. So, Darth Vader, despite Kylo Ren's point of view, when we last saw him was a good guy.

- Rey, like Luke when he was on Tatooine, had no training and no exposure to the force when she grew up.

- Despite no training and hardly any exposure even to the concept of the force, she fended off and bested Kylo Ren in a battle of Jedi mind tricks and then in a lightsaber battle. We know that Kylo Ren, while probably not a Sith Lord or fully a Jedi, has extensive force training and is pretty bad ass, not an easy dude to best.

By contrast, Luke had extensive training, first from Obi Wan and then Yoda, before facing Darth Vader for the first time and got his butt kicked.

My thought is only a reincarnated Darth Vader could instantly know the ways of the force and combat powers with a lightsaber.

- Little Annakin, if you'll recall form Episode 1, was said not to have a father and was immaculately conceived, perhaps as a reincarnation himself. Its not such a stretch to think that Rey has similar origins.

- I can't imagine Han and Leia or Luke abondoning a child on a desert planet?

Comment

• DZ
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2007

No - she's someone's daughter - likely Luke's.

I don't say that because I have Star Wars insight like some, but I saw an article not long ago wherein the actress playing Rey was shocked that people were guessing who her father was, that she had thought it was "obvious" in the movie - there must be clues in there that most people aren't seeing correctly.

In my mind, the only one that could be "obvious" would be that she is Luke's daughter with - whomever.

There is the one scene when she touches the lightsaber and it goes back to her childhood, it appears to be a scene when Kylo went tree-sh!t insane and was tearing everything up, and she got pulled back as "her family" left - which I thought might mean that "Luke" was chasing Kylo or whatever and knew it was best to leave her there, with people thinking the entire camp had been destroyed.

Also, the lightsaber was Luke's "and now it calls to you" - - I don't think it would "call" to Darth Vader reincarnated.

Plus, she's not exactly evil - or are you saying that this is "good Darth Vader" reincarnated?

I was really disappointed with Snoke - first of all, that's an absurd name, I can't imagine the meeting in which they named him and thought - "Yeah, that sounds like a great villain." I almost choked in that great scene when Leia was telling Han that her son still had good in him and he was just seduced by "Snoke" - it just sounded awful.

But, even worse, the holographic image of some horrible looking individual - so derivative. I loved the characters, I love that there was some actual dialogue (as opposed to 1-3), some humor and real life stuff, but the story was so ridiculously identical to the last 3 with Death Stars, it just didn't satisfy as an ending. Still the best movie put out since Empire.

I'd list it:

1. Empire.
                              2. Star Wars: A New Hope
                              3. The Force Awakens
                              4. Return of the Jedi
                              5. The annakin to vader one
                              Whatever's left.
                              Mark Twain.

Comment

• former1dog
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                                Also, the lightsaber was Luke's "and now it calls to you" - - I don't think it would "call" to Darth Vader reincarnated.

Plus, she's not exactly evil - or are you saying that this is "good Darth Vader" reincarnated?
                                A couple of points and then I'll look at the rest of your post and reply later.

The lightsaber in question was Luke's but it was Annakin's first. This is the lightsaber that Obi Wan Kenobi saved for Luke and gave to him on Tattooine. You'll recall Obi Wan had picked up the lightsaber after defeating Annakin/Darth Vader in Revenge of the Sith and leaving him for dead.

Luke had this lightsaber until his battle with Darth Vader in the Cloud City during the Empire Strikes Back. Luke famously lost the lightsaber and his right hand in that battle with Darth Vader.

So, the lightsaber calling to Rey could be because she is the reincarnation of Annakin Skywalker, AKA Darth Vader.

Finally, Darth Vader turned against the dark side and back to the light at the end of Return of the Jedi. During the celebration scene on Endor, Darth appeared as Annakin as a "force ghost" alongside Obi Wan and Yoda.

Comment

Working...
                                X