Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Foo Star Wars Thread

Bump for weekend opening.

Saw a non-spoiler review yesterday. Sounds like this installment is going to be less simplistic than "Good side" and "Bad side" / and "He" is on the Good Side" and "He is on the Bad Side" ....now fight.

It sounds like this one is far more complex, at the expense of small children understanding as well. We've seen hints around here that Luke is most surely "down" on the Jedis, dark side, light side. I guess the theme carries throughout.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Saw it last night at 7:00. It was fantastic. Even better than Force Awakens, by a mile, and I thought Force Awakens was great.

Some good surprises in there, some old friends come out from the woodwork, all-in-all a great way to spend 2.5 hours!

I spent my evening watching Episode VIII while you were all watching the Zags host North Dakota. I’m pretty sure I had a much more enjoyable experience than you did. This movie is fantastic.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Alertness test bump.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Is anybody remotely excited about the Han Solo prequel?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post

I am.

I thought Rogue One was fantastic.

Much more complex, violent, a little less dorky in some ways. It missed some of the humor that we count upon.

My daughter is really excited to see it.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I'm excited for Donald Glover, he wrote in his highschool yearbook that he wanted to play Lando

I just scooped up Storm trooper bike helmets for my boys at Toys R Us. My oldest took a tumble last year and knocked a tooth loose, now that he has permanent teeth and not baby ones in the front, I wasn't letting him on the bike again without a face mask. Now he can go biking again.

I saw it and enjoyed it. Not sure why it is getting trashed. Is it perfect... no. But neither was New Hope or others in the pantheon.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I saw it and enjoyed it. Not sure why it is getting trashed. Is it perfect... no. But neither was New Hope or others in the pantheon.
    I finally saw it. It exceeded my guarded expectations. Alden Ehrenreich didn’t seem to be playing a recognizable version of the title character, but the character he played wasn’t bad. It just wasn’t Han Solo.

The rest of the cast was pretty good. The plot was more coherent than the plots to Episodes VII or VIII. The action scenes, costuming, and special effects were good.

I’d give it a B.
    Last edited by Martin Centre Mad Man; 06-30-2018 at 02:30 AM.