Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 109

Thread: The Foo Star Wars Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    6,128

    Default The Foo Star Wars Thread

    The Foo needs a thread for Star Wars fans. I am not afraid to start it.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N4fA-0l8Cp8

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    6,128

    Default


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill, Spokane
    Posts
    19,462

    Default

    Five Death Stars

    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    6,128

    Default

    I have achieved internet Nirvana - the Dark Side of the Force meets my GUBoards avatar.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2CLwxObfaNE

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    6,128

    Default

    So...ex-Zag, Axel Dench, played a wookiee in Episode III. That's Axel leading all of the wookiees into battle. He played the wookiee chieftan, Meru Meru.



    My kids got me the action figure for my birthday a couple of years ago.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down the street and around the corner
    Posts
    43,477

    Default



    Basketball Web Sites Listing

    “ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    I never knew that about Axel Dench!

    We're debating taking our 4 year old to the new movie. My husband is a big Star Wars fan, so he's been showing him the other 6 films. He just doesn't know if Grant will "get it" at the theater.

    I made Grant an Ewok hood for Christmas.


    And I made freezer pop cozies for all 3 of my "boys."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    6,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I never knew that about Axel Dench!

    We're debating taking our 4 year old to the new movie. My husband is a big Star Wars fan, so he's been showing him the other 6 films. He just doesn't know if Grant will "get it" at the theater.

    I made Grant an Ewok hood for Christmas.


    And I made freezer pop cozies for all 3 of my "boys."
    My parents took me to see the original Star Wars movie for my fifth birthday. That was the most awesome, mind-blowing experience of my entire childhood. I recommend that you take the boy to see Star Wars.

    I do not, however, recommend that you take parenting advice from anonymous strangers on sports chat forums, so take my advice with a huge grain of salt.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    My parents took me to see the original Star Wars movie for my fifth birthday. That was the most awesome, mind-blowing experience of my entire childhood. I recommend that you take the boy to see Star Wars.

    I do not, however, recommend that you take parenting advice from anonymous strangers on sports chat forums, so take my advice with a huge grain of salt.
    That's awesome. I remember seeing Last Crusade at the theater when I was 5, I think that's a big reason it's my favorite Indiana Jones movie by a wide margin. My husband wasn't into Star Wars until the rerelease, and I never saw them until we were dating. He's decided to take him to the theater in a few weeks after it's a little less crowded...I may stay at home and wait for the DVD so I don't ruin their viewing with a million questions about which side everyone is on.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    56,027

    Default

    Star Wars is one of the best films ever made.
    __________________

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    6,128

    Default

    This is a fun list of cameos for the new film.

    http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...or-kevin-smith

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    6,128

    Default

    Merry Christmas. Darth is on the naughty list.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R91QF6Xbaow

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    6,128

    Default

    http://digg.com/video/star-wars-mode...edium=facebook

    The Empire Strikes Back gets the Episode VII trailer treatment.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down the street and around the corner
    Posts
    43,477

    Default

    My daughter ( 22 ) saw her first SW film ( Episode 4 ) on VHS tape with me, on a sofa in the playroom. We popped some corn, had some soda, and she thought Chewbacca was the coolest cast member.

    We've owned the original 3 films on VHS and DVD; the last three films on DVD and Blu Ray.

    This coming Sunday afternoon, we're seeing the new flick together at the local IMAX house. Really looking forward to it.


    Basketball Web Sites Listing

    “ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I never knew that about Axel Dench!

    We're debating taking our 4 year old to the new movie. My husband is a big Star Wars fan, so he's been showing him the other 6 films. He just doesn't know if Grant will "get it" at the theater.

    I made Grant an Ewok hood for Christmas.


    And I made freezer pop cozies for all 3 of my "boys."
    You sound like the best Mom ever. Wish I had an Ewok hood.
    Have you read this review of the Jes Extender?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repjack View Post
    You sound like the best Mom ever. Wish I had an Ewok hood.
    Aww, thanks

    My 4 year old asked me if Chewbacca uses a potty...I don't know how to answer that!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    6,128

    Default


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    6,128

    Default

    Rogue One tickets go on sale in two minutes. Just enough time to watch a trailer.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    6,128

    Default

    My kids and their friends have started playing the Star Wars role-playing game Edge of the Empire. They meet at our house to play about once a month. I just booked tickets to take the whole crew of fourth and fifth graders to see the new film over opening weekend.


  20. #20

    Default

    History has its eyes on you.

    Sage of the GU Message Board

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    13,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    By the way, my daughter called 5 July 'Revenge of the Fifth.' Cracked me up.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    6,128

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    56,027

    Default

    I loved the first and second 3 Star Wars series.

    Not sure if I really cared for the last one.

    I hope that the new one coming is better.
    __________________

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    48,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Five Death Stars

    You've been listening to Gilmore Guys, haven't you?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    48,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    My daughter ( 22 ) saw her first SW film ( Episode 4 ) on VHS tape with me, on a sofa in the playroom. We popped some corn, had some soda, and she thought Chewbacca was the coolest cast member.

    We've owned the original 3 films on VHS and DVD; the last three films on DVD and Blu Ray.

    This coming Sunday afternoon, we're seeing the new flick together at the local IMAX house. Really looking forward to it.
    A year later - will you be going to Rogue One?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •