Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Tell Me About The Good Old Days

I think I will begin a story.
    More to follow.
    Amen.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
  • TexasZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 75Zag View Post
    I think I will begin a story.
    More to follow.
    Amen.
    Here we are, five months later, and no story. Wazzup?

Comment

• RenoZag
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

A Look Back at the Cost of my GU Undergrad Degree

I was cleaning out a bookcase and found the school catalogue for 1975-76 and 76-77 academic years.

Add in another $1,500 for books & lab fees, $1,600 for late night trips to Paki's, the Bulldog, or the Park Inn. . .$2,000 for transportation to/from and at school, Spring Break road trips, etc. and you come up with a 4 year cost of roughly $19,000. According to an on-line inflation calculator, $19K in 1975 is worth roughly $86K in 2017 dollars.

It certainly felt like a lot of money at the time. . .

The current Cost of Attendance (Undergrad) at GU per year ? $57,400

We believe money should never come between a qualified student and a Gonzaga education. Honoring this philosophy, we do everything in our power to help you pay for your education.
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• BurgessEraZag
        Kennel Club Material
        • Feb 2008

Tuition in Sept 1957 was $350/semester plus dorm plus Cog meal ticket, books, etc. I could not have come up with one dime to pay those "high" costs. So when Hank Anderson gave me a
        full ride for four years to write basketball publicity for Gonzaga I didn't hestiate, I took it. and I made it through with the Boone Avenue Bullies, Jean Claude Lefebvre and Frank Burgess and crew. Now that's what the "good old days" were really like.

Comment

Working...
        X