Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predicting 1st Loss of the Season

Default Predicting 1st Loss of the Season

Article from BleacherReport predicts 1st loss of season for each of the top basketball teams in the country: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...l-teams/page/9

They say Zags' first loss will be vs UConn in Finals of Battle 4 Atlantis.
    I predict first loss will be in semis of Battle 4 Atlantis vs Texas.

Any other guesses....or do you think Zags go undefeated?!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

With the number of teams he has saying "could" beat us, and the noted backcourt youth, it's a wonder how he got to the statement that we're "an undeniable top-15 team." Sure seems like he may be denying it.

Bleacher report.

UCLA at home after gearing up to beat Arizona.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Eastern Oregon.

We're literally better then every team on the schedule, there's not a game we won't be the favorites in, so I don't have a clue.

I'll roll with UConn in the B4A though, I'm mad high on Kevin Ollie

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectMKUltra5 View Post
    We're literally better then every team on the schedule, there's not a game we won't be the favorites in, so I don't have a clue.

I'll roll with UConn in the B4A though, I'm mad high on Kevin Ollie
    I am with you on Uconn. They will be very good this year---- IF/WHEN their transfers gel in. They have two transfers who will be main contributors in Sean Miller and Sterling Gibbs. Since that game is earlier in the year, not sure they will be good enough to beat the Zags. But by the end of the year Uconn will be a top 10-15 team imo. Tons of talent and good coaching.

This one is easy ....

Maybe I read too much Dawgman.com ... but in this case ... the Husky fight song rings true vis a vis Gonzaga.

"Heaven help the foes of Waaah ... shington"

"They're trembling at the feet of MIGHTY WAAAAH ... SHINGON" ....

BTW I'm not big on emoji's etc ... so use your imagination to conjur up a "sarcasm" or "j/k" symbol.
    -------------
    FWIW I take nothing for granted ... I cherish each victory and take each loss hard. I'm hoping the Zags can run the table and IF they have to suffer a loss ... it'll be at the same site as their last defeat (only a weekend later).

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Article from BleacherReport predicts 1st loss of season for each of the top basketball teams in the country: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...l-teams/page/9

They say Zags' first loss will be vs UConn in Finals of Battle 4 Atlantis.
    I predict first loss will be in semis of Battle 4 Atlantis vs Texas.

Any other guesses....or do you think Zags go undefeated?!
    Superstition rule number one never think negative only Positive

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    This one is easy ....

Maybe I read too much Dawgman.com ... but in this case ... the Husky fight song rings true vis a vis Gonzaga.

"Heaven help the foes of Waaah ... shington"

"They're trembling at the feet of MIGHTY WAAAAH ... SHINGON" ....

BTW I'm not big on emoji's etc ... so use your imagination to conjur up a "sarcasm" or "j/k" symbol.
    -------------
    FWIW I take nothing for granted ... I cherish each victory and take each loss hard. I'm hoping the Zags can run the table and IF they have to suffer a loss ... it'll be at the same site as their last defeat (only a weekend later).
    I just want to make sure I understand this correctly, you really think we'll lose to UW? Really?

Pitt will be no gimmie....... they have 4 starters back and some transfers...they have a experienced point guard and they can also play inside.

No.....I doubt Gonzaga will be undefeated.

A one in a million happening when some Zag players are snowbound in Spokane along with a temporary case of Mad Taco Disease allowing the Gaels to slip by with a win at McKeon over the 5 remaining player Zag team.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I am with you on Uconn. They will be very good this year---- IF/WHEN their transfers gel in. They have two transfers who will be main contributors in Sean Miller and Sterling Gibbs. Since that game is earlier in the year, not sure they will be good enough to beat the Zags. But by the end of the year Uconn will be a top 10-15 team imo. Tons of talent and good coaching.
    This caught my eye as I wondered if the coach of that other team I root for somehow got some more eligibility and returned to his east coast roots to play for UConn. But alas, the transfer for the Huskies is Shonn, not Sean. Too many ways to spell that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAGGED OUT View Post
    I just want to make sure I understand this correctly, you really think we'll lose to UW? Really?
    No. I don't.

I need one of those selfie cams so board members can see the tongue planted firmly in cheek.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    No. I don't.

I need one of those selfie cams so board members can see the tongue planted firmly in cheek.
    I thought it was self evident. You even mentioned that readers could use their imagination to insert sarcasm. I almost responded, then wondered if the previous response was being sarcastic about your post. It's just too darn hard to tell what a person actually means just based on words with no emoticons to help interpret.

I think there are actually some posters who are concerned about this matchup, although I still don't understand why. Andrew Andrews and about 15 freshmen a few games into the season...not seeing it.

Again, I take nothing for granted. But the Huskies get back from Shanghai a few days after the Zags return from Okinawa. And folks that know me know that I try not to miss a chance to mock part of their "fight"
    song.
    Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I thought it was self evident. You even mentioned that readers could use their imagination to insert sarcasm. I almost responded, then wondered if the previous response was being sarcastic about your post. It's just too darn hard to tell what a person actually means just based on words with no emoticons to help interpret.

I think there are actually some posters who are concerned about this matchup, although I still don't understand why. Andrew Andrews and about 15 freshmen a few games into the season...not seeing it.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Zags don't win a game all season... at least according to my predictions for each game.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I'll go with at BYU

The question is too negative. Ye of little faith. I refuse to comment

If we play Texas , we will lose to Texas. Go aggies!
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

First loss will come in December...2016.

About the last thing I'll ever do is predict a loss....I enter every season thinking we're gonna win them all...sometimes unrealistic but then I'm a Zags fan....IMO this is a final four TEAM come March....the potential is there to overwhelm anyone and everyone they play....that is not a knock on any of our upcoming opponents that's how good I think this TEAM can be....gonna be a great year....

Go!! Zags!!!

40-0

At this point we could lose to any of the ranked opponents. BYU at their p[lace is always threatening as well. BUT I don't see anyone on our schedule with a likelihood to beat GU this year. I'm not even concerned about our perimeter players. Eric and Dranginis are seasoned veterans who play hard defense. Eric obviously is a nice scorer as well. Jenkins is strong in the passing dept and can score when needed.
    Our bigs are all strong.
    I don't were assured of any loss so far. Always AZ is a threat. UConn as well but when the games are played, we'll keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    First loss will come in December...2016.
    Prophetic are we...

Reports are finally in, no hurricane damage to Atlantis so the tournament should go on as scheduled.

We should beat everybody until a FF loss in March. However, we may have one lapse in concentration (like our loss on Sr night last season) and that could come from anywhere --- BYU, Pepperdine, AZ, SMU, TX, UW???? Fouls, off night shooting, etc can easily factor their way into a loss. Three years ago we were VERY lucky to eek out a 1 pt win at WSU. Ya never know. I just hope it's not Pitt in Japan or any team we face in the Bahamas. More likely a conference game. Hard to keep up the intensity all season long.