Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59

Thread: Predicting 1st Loss of the Season

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,034

    Default Predicting 1st Loss of the Season

    Article from BleacherReport predicts 1st loss of season for each of the top basketball teams in the country: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...l-teams/page/9

    They say Zags' first loss will be vs UConn in Finals of Battle 4 Atlantis.
    I predict first loss will be in semis of Battle 4 Atlantis vs Texas.

    Any other guesses....or do you think Zags go undefeated?!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,349

    Default

    With the number of teams he has saying "could" beat us, and the noted backcourt youth, it's a wonder how he got to the statement that we're "an undeniable top-15 team." Sure seems like he may be denying it.

    Bleacher report.

    UCLA at home after gearing up to beat Arizona.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Eastern Oregon.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Medical Lake
    Posts
    611

    Default

    We're literally better then every team on the schedule, there's not a game we won't be the favorites in, so I don't have a clue.

    I'll roll with UConn in the B4A though, I'm mad high on Kevin Ollie

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectMKUltra5 View Post
    We're literally better then every team on the schedule, there's not a game we won't be the favorites in, so I don't have a clue.

    I'll roll with UConn in the B4A though, I'm mad high on Kevin Ollie
    I am with you on Uconn. They will be very good this year---- IF/WHEN their transfers gel in. They have two transfers who will be main contributors in Sean Miller and Sterling Gibbs. Since that game is earlier in the year, not sure they will be good enough to beat the Zags. But by the end of the year Uconn will be a top 10-15 team imo. Tons of talent and good coaching.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,039

    Default

    This one is easy ....

    Maybe I read too much Dawgman.com ... but in this case ... the Husky fight song rings true vis a vis Gonzaga.


    "Heaven help the foes of Waaah ... shington"

    "They're trembling at the feet of MIGHTY WAAAAH ... SHINGON" ....

    BTW I'm not big on emoji's etc ... so use your imagination to conjur up a "sarcasm" or "j/k" symbol.
    -------------
    FWIW I take nothing for granted ... I cherish each victory and take each loss hard. I'm hoping the Zags can run the table and IF they have to suffer a loss ... it'll be at the same site as their last defeat (only a weekend later).

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Spokane
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Article from BleacherReport predicts 1st loss of season for each of the top basketball teams in the country: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...l-teams/page/9

    They say Zags' first loss will be vs UConn in Finals of Battle 4 Atlantis.
    I predict first loss will be in semis of Battle 4 Atlantis vs Texas.

    Any other guesses....or do you think Zags go undefeated?!
    Superstition rule number one never think negative only Positive

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Spokane,WA
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    This one is easy ....

    Maybe I read too much Dawgman.com ... but in this case ... the Husky fight song rings true vis a vis Gonzaga.


    "Heaven help the foes of Waaah ... shington"

    "They're trembling at the feet of MIGHTY WAAAAH ... SHINGON" ....

    BTW I'm not big on emoji's etc ... so use your imagination to conjur up a "sarcasm" or "j/k" symbol.
    -------------
    FWIW I take nothing for granted ... I cherish each victory and take each loss hard. I'm hoping the Zags can run the table and IF they have to suffer a loss ... it'll be at the same site as their last defeat (only a weekend later).
    I just want to make sure I understand this correctly, you really think we'll lose to UW? Really?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,306

    Default

    Pitt will be no gimmie....... they have 4 starters back and some transfers...they have a experienced point guard and they can also play inside.

    No.....I doubt Gonzaga will be undefeated.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    688

    Default

    A one in a million happening when some Zag players are snowbound in Spokane along with a temporary case of Mad Taco Disease allowing the Gaels to slip by with a win at McKeon over the 5 remaining player Zag team.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I am with you on Uconn. They will be very good this year---- IF/WHEN their transfers gel in. They have two transfers who will be main contributors in Sean Miller and Sterling Gibbs. Since that game is earlier in the year, not sure they will be good enough to beat the Zags. But by the end of the year Uconn will be a top 10-15 team imo. Tons of talent and good coaching.
    This caught my eye as I wondered if the coach of that other team I root for somehow got some more eligibility and returned to his east coast roots to play for UConn. But alas, the transfer for the Huskies is Shonn, not Sean. Too many ways to spell that one.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZAGGED OUT View Post
    I just want to make sure I understand this correctly, you really think we'll lose to UW? Really?
    No. I don't.

    I need one of those selfie cams so board members can see the tongue planted firmly in cheek.

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    10,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    No. I don't.

    I need one of those selfie cams so board members can see the tongue planted firmly in cheek.
    I thought it was self evident. You even mentioned that readers could use their imagination to insert sarcasm. I almost responded, then wondered if the previous response was being sarcastic about your post. It's just too darn hard to tell what a person actually means just based on words with no emoticons to help interpret.


    I think there are actually some posters who are concerned about this matchup, although I still don't understand why. Andrew Andrews and about 15 freshmen a few games into the season...not seeing it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,039

    Default

    Again, I take nothing for granted. But the Huskies get back from Shanghai a few days after the Zags return from Okinawa. And folks that know me know that I try not to miss a chance to mock part of their "fight"
    song.
    Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I thought it was self evident. You even mentioned that readers could use their imagination to insert sarcasm. I almost responded, then wondered if the previous response was being sarcastic about your post. It's just too darn hard to tell what a person actually means just based on words with no emoticons to help interpret.


    I think there are actually some posters who are concerned about this matchup, although I still don't understand why. Andrew Andrews and about 15 freshmen a few games into the season...not seeing it.

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    17,792

    Default


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,187

    Default

    Zags don't win a game all season... at least according to my predictions for each game.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    I'll go with at BYU

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    197

    Default

    The question is too negative. Ye of little faith. I refuse to comment

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,395

    Default

    If we play Texas , we will lose to Texas. Go aggies!
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,052

    Default

    First loss will come in December...2016.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PNWest
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    About the last thing I'll ever do is predict a loss....I enter every season thinking we're gonna win them all...sometimes unrealistic but then I'm a Zags fan....IMO this is a final four TEAM come March....the potential is there to overwhelm anyone and everyone they play....that is not a knock on any of our upcoming opponents that's how good I think this TEAM can be....gonna be a great year....

    Go!! Zags!!!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, Ca.
    Posts
    7,638

    Default

    40-0

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,517

    Default

    At this point we could lose to any of the ranked opponents. BYU at their p[lace is always threatening as well. BUT I don't see anyone on our schedule with a likelihood to beat GU this year. I'm not even concerned about our perimeter players. Eric and Dranginis are seasoned veterans who play hard defense. Eric obviously is a nice scorer as well. Jenkins is strong in the passing dept and can score when needed.
    Our bigs are all strong.
    I don't were assured of any loss so far. Always AZ is a threat. UConn as well but when the games are played, we'll keep up.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    First loss will come in December...2016.
    Prophetic are we...

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Reports are finally in, no hurricane damage to Atlantis so the tournament should go on as scheduled.

    We should beat everybody until a FF loss in March. However, we may have one lapse in concentration (like our loss on Sr night last season) and that could come from anywhere --- BYU, Pepperdine, AZ, SMU, TX, UW???? Fouls, off night shooting, etc can easily factor their way into a loss. Three years ago we were VERY lucky to eek out a 1 pt win at WSU. Ya never know. I just hope it's not Pitt in Japan or any team we face in the Bahamas. More likely a conference game. Hard to keep up the intensity all season long.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •