Thread: Anyone ever travel to Los Angeles from Spokane for the LMU/Pepperdine games?

Question Anyone ever travel to Los Angeles from Spokane for the LMU/Pepperdine games?

Seriously thinking about flying down if I can get tickets to both games when they go on sale O/A 19 Oct. I think I'll be staying at LAX since it is only 3 miles to the LMU campus and then an easy drive to Pepperdine on Saturday. Has anyone ever made the trek and if so, can you offer any tips and advice, i.e. problems with parking, seating, ect. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by convertedZagfan View Post
    Seriously thinking about flying down if I can get tickets to both games when they go on sale O/A 19 Oct. I think I'll be staying at LAX since it is only 3 miles to the LMU campus and then an easy drive to Pepperdine on Saturday. Has anyone ever made the trek and if so, can you offer any tips and advice, i.e. problems with parking, seating, ect. Thanks.
    have done this....be careful about the assumption of an "easy drive" to Pepperdine....the coast highway can be ugly many times.....as to tickets I have never had any issues, I lived down there for 3 years and my wife would fly down from Spokane for these games and purchase of tickets was very easy and reasonable

it is a fun time and many good zag fans located in the LA region.....Pepperdine game there is usually a pre function at the restaurant on the water just below the campus, fun time to meet others

I am waiting to see what the game time will be for Santa Clara to see if we want to go for that weekend......and where we would stay
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

I agree with Hoopaholic, the drive can be a pain. Allow for extra time to get there. Last season it took me 4 hours to drive 110 miles.

Just a reminder the ( Feb. 6) Pepperdine game is on Super Bowl Eve. Super Bowl 50 is February 7th.
    " You gotta love the one who loves you "

Thanks for the replies and help. I forgot to factor in "Los Angeles" when I looked at Google maps "25 miles, 37 minutes journey time". On my last trip to LA I spent almost two hours to go 15 miles on the 405 and 5:30 p.m.. Hoopaholic, thanks for mentioning the restaurant, I'll look for it.

Havent done the LA trip but I did the SF/Santa Clara games last February and would highly recommend it.

IMO SF is a lot more fun than LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester425 View Post
    Havent done the LA trip but I did the SF/Santa Clara games last February and would highly recommend it.

IMO SF is a lot more fun than LA.
    So desperately want to do this trip this year but waiting to see start time for Santa Clara game on New Year's Eve to see if we can stay is SF and do something fun for New Years...don't want get stuck staying near Santa Clara on NY eve
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

If I am in the area where the Zags are playing, I simply go to the game site and (so far) have always managed to buy tickets from a scalper .....

Is Pepperdine game the one last year that started late because the team bus was stuck in traffic ?

ETA that was before Gonzaga was such a big deal, so things might be different now.

Default You're right, the game started about 30 minutes late

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    If I am in the area where the Zags are playing, I simply go to the game site and (so far) have always managed to buy tickets from a scalper .....

Is Pepperdine game the one last year that started late because the team bus was stuck in traffic ?

ETA that was before Gonzaga was such a big deal, so things might be different now.
    LA traffic must also effect free throw shooting because GU was 14 for 33 from the line that night.