Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daejon Davis offered by Gonzaga - 2017 6'4 combo guard - Lakeside HS (WA)

Default Daejon Davis offered by Gonzaga - 2017 6'4 combo guard - Lakeside HS (WA)

Daejon Davis ‏@DaejonDavis
    Blessed to receive an offer from Gonzaga #Doubted... ��

I believe this is his 6th offer after Washington, Seattle U, Wazzu, Nevada, & Cal

So, Gonzaga's first 3 offers for 2017 are all in-state kids (Jaylen Nowell & Corey Kispert are the other 2)

Daejon nearly made the cut for the U16 USA team this year, which Jaylen was selected for.

More info from Rivals:

Adidas Championships: Bossi's best

July 26, 2015

Daejon Davis - The four-star combo guard from Seattle and the class of 2017 is one of those kids who has a great feel for the game and does a little bit of everything. He got key rebounds from the wing, hit a few jumpers and showed the ability to rotate between point and shooting guard on both ends of the floor.

Trials for this summer's USA Basketball 16-and-under national team

May 29, 2015

Because of his versatility, 2017 combo guard Daejon Davis was able to involve himself in a lot of action on both ends of the floor. Ranked No. 48 in 2017, the 6-foot-2 combo guard from Seattle (Wash.) Lakeside was all over the floor. He knocked down some shots and slashed from the wing. He led fast breaks, is an impressive rebounder from any guard position and defends very well. Davis said hometown Washington has given him his only offer, but Gonzaga, California, Arizona, Washington State, Oregon State, Kansas and Virginia have been in touch.

wow this kid's going to be very good. thanks for sharing
    Go Zags!!!

Default First three schollys in 2017 going to Washington's big 3?

I watched him last year here in Spokane against Rogers HS. State tourney game. He was miles ahead of everybody else on the floor. Very humble as well. He is total Zag material!!'

Looks like a young Dwyane Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectMKUltra5 View Post
    Just want to say... that is one awesome GIF.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

One post lists the young man at 6'4" and another lists him at 6'2". Is one with his shoes on @6'4" and off @ 6'2"?
    Last edited by Bogozags; 07-30-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    One post lists the young man at 6'4" and another lists him at 6'2". Is one with his shoes on @6'4" and off @ 6'2"?
    Never, NEVER listen to the bigger estimates with hs athletes. 6'4 is just fluff, he's probably closer to 6'2.

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectMKUltra5 View Post
    Never, NEVER listen to the bigger estimates with hs athletes. 6'4 is just fluff, he's probably closer to 6'2.
    That just makes his vertical more impressive.

I asked the question, because the NBA summer League (Las Vegas) announcers stated the players were all measured in their shoes and not in their bare feet.

Who plays in their bare feet?

this kid can play. Really explosive and great athlete. Going to be one of the top 10-15 kids in that whole class....imo.

Sure this kid is 16?? I don't remember 16 yr old kids looking like this. EVER!

2017 class in Washington is going to be better then the 2011 class that produced Tony Wroten, Gary Bell, and Devonte Lacy imo. Sooooooo much talent top to bottom.

Daejon's Draft Express profile: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Daejon-Davis-90080/

Late May 2015 @ U16 USA basketball camp: 6'4" WITH shoes, 6'2" WITHOUT

Mid June 2015 @ Nike Elite 100 camp: 6'3" WITHOUT shoes

Im a fan. He looks young and good... and knows it. Might be a nice one to be in on early if he continues to progress and mature.

If he progresses and matures? He could already play here. Love the kids game but pretty sure he's going factory.

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    Daejon's Draft Express profile: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Daejon-Davis-90080/

Late May 2015 @ U16 USA basketball camp: 6'4" WITH shoes, 6'2" WITHOUT

Mid June 2015 @ Nike Elite 100 camp: 6'3" WITHOUT shoes
    Those are not accurate measurements, closer to 6'2" or 6'3" WITH shoes. Really depends on whether or not they measure the hair or not, there is a reason all of these young fella's are going back to the tall hairstyles

The kid is so explosive and he plays so much bigger than he is that it's easier for sites to get away with listing him taller.

Default ScoutHoops Update re Deajon Davis

"The versatile Davis makes a strong argument as the top shooting guard prospect on the west in 2017 given the long list of ways he impacts the game."
    "So far, scholarship offers have come in from Washington, Washington State, Seattle, Nevada, Montana, Gonzaga, California and Tulane, Davis said, with four schools doing the best job recruiting him." -- Gonzaga, Cal, Washington and Wazzu

Davis lists the positives of playing at GU: "I like their success and history. I like their coaches. I also like their location in Spokane; there’s not much over there so I would be focused out there."

Unfortunately, his scheduled visits (official? unofficial?) don't sound as promising as the above remarks: "I know Cal is on Sept. 26, I think Oregon State is Aug. 23 and UW will be whenever my mom is off work.”

http://www.scout.com/college/basketb...-davis-hardest
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Great find SLOZag. Those would be unofficial visits. Kids can't take official visits until Jan. 1 of their junior year.

I also like their location in Spokane; there’s not much over there so I would be focused out there."
    Ouch! I don't think Spokane's so bad. Maybe he's not very outdoorsy? But no, we're not Seattle.

"I also like their location in Spokane; there’s not much over there so I would be focused out there."

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Ouch! I don't think Spokane's so bad. Maybe he's not very outdoorsy? But no, we're not Seattle.
    I'm pretty sure he was just referring to the major sport teams in Spokane. And he's absolutely right, no offense to the Spokane Chiefs, Indians, and Shock. And EWU and WSU don't have Spokane teams, despite the regional association.

Actually, Seattle's way too overcrowded for my taste. Plus, there's better golf and skiing in the eastside, I'll take the harsh winters.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Tweeted this morning that he is going to UW!

continued to be amazed by the decision making of these City kids.....UW really does have this side of the state locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by 23zagmd View Post
    Tweeted this morning that he is going to UW!

continued to be amazed by the decision making of these City kids.....UW really does have this side of the state locked up.

Agree. The pied piper trail that leads to both UDub and San Diego State is remarkable, puzzling, suspicious. Gosh, it's almost like it's paved with gold.

A lot of people underrate location of the school when considering the college decision for these young athletes. Spokane is a relatively small town with not much to offer for kids 18-22 year olds other than obviously a great basketball program. If you stack up Spokane with the likes of Seattle and San Diego, it makes the past 15 years of tradition that Gonzaga has built up go right out the window in a sense.

Some kids see value in player development, tradition, and focusing on basketball. Others see value in living in big cities, great weather and having a little better college experience than a small catholic school in Spokane, WA. I'm not saying either way of thinking is right or wrong but there are two ways to look at this. Gonzaga doesn't exude college atmosphere when compared to a school like say Arizona State University who has smoking hot sorority girls in bikinis walking around everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    A lot of people underrate location of the school when considering the college decision for these young athletes. Spokane is a relatively small town with not much to offer for kids 18-22 year olds other than obviously a great basketball program. If you stack up Spokane with the likes of Seattle and San Diego, it makes the past 15 years of tradition that Gonzaga has built up go right out the window in a sense.

Some kids see value in player development, tradition, and focusing on basketball. Others see value in living in big cities, great weather and having a little better college experience than a small catholic school in Spokane, WA. I'm not saying either way of thinking is right or wrong but there are two ways to look at this. Gonzaga doesn't exude college atmosphere when compared to a school like say Arizona State University who has smoking hot sorority girls in bikinis walking around everywhere.
    All great points, if you're talking about two and three star kids looking for a four year experience. Rather, the kids who are spurning the second or best program on the west coast for an underperforming coach or a boring offense are those who, ostensibly, have their eyes laser focused on a pro career and ASAP. In consideration of that, GU is lakes and oceans ahead of Dub and day hop U.