Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pangos to Spain

Default Pangos to Spain

Per Jim Meehan. Pangos has signed with Gran Canaria of the Liga Endesa. The team website http://basketball.eurobasket.com/tea...aria_2014/1312 Shows Kevin as their starting point guard. Liga Endesa (English: Endesa League) for sponsorship reasons, is the first tier level men's professional basketball league in Spain.

Kevin and Katey leave Gran Canaria tomorrow, August 19:

@KateyPennington

Leaving tomorrow for Denver-->London-->GC ���� follow my blog... http://kpoverseas.com if you want the insights on our adventure! @kpangos

Came across this blog from Kevin's girlfriend Katey. A good way to keep up with Kevin.

http://kpoverseas.com/

Hi!!

Okay so it has been almost 2 weeks since Kev has been in Gran Canaria! Let me fill you in on some updates from the island….

It didn’t take Kev more than a day on the island to realize that things in Europe are smaller (cars, parking garages, elevators, etc.).. This has led to some issues for him over there. For example dinging the car the first day he got it trying to get out of the parking garage…. He has also had some issues with doors over there. He has gotten locked out of the apartment (twice for 15 mins) because he couldn’t figure out how to work the keys. Also, when leaving the grocery store, he ran into the door thinking that it was going to open on the right when it really opened in the middle…In his words, “I feel like a chicken with my head cut off over here!” Looks like it is more than the Spanish language that we are going to need to pick up quickly.

Other than all of the difficulties that come with moving to an entirely new place, he has thoroughly enjoyed his first week and a half and is starting to get into his routine. He also got to go to the first soccer game last night, which he said was an awesome experience (Duh it’s the best sport ever )! He absolutely loves his teammates and staff and can’t wait to get the season started!! His first exhibition game is coming up in Ourense, Spain so he is looking forward to that!

Much more at her blog in the first 2 posts.

ZaGranny
    Formerly ID ZAGFAN--now officially ZaGranny.

Wow, somehow I hadn't pieced together that Gran Canaria is the Canary islands. Being down off the coast of Africa, that's quite the trip. Pulling it up, looks like 875 miles to Sevilla, which might be the next closest team.

In the good news:

I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Kevin plays in his first game for Gran Canaria and puts up a nice stat line:

Last edited by ZagNative; 09-11-2015 at 02:02 PM.

17 and 5 assists with some dang high percentages! Nice!

Another preseason game for Kevin, with a familiar name at the top of the other team's squad! Kevin's team wins, 74-46.

Last edited by ZagNative; 09-13-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Thanks for the updates, Native.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Angelo Caloiaro is another recognizable name on Rio Natura

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Gran Canaria falls to Valencia Basket in another preseason match. Luke Sikma playing for Valencia...

Thanks ZN.

Kevin's Gran Canaria team falls to Barcelona 60-88. Kevin seems to be playing well for Gran Canaria, with 13 points and 6 assists:

Today Gran Canarias gets the win, 97-64 over RETAbet.es GBC. Kevin with 14 points, 3 rebounds, and 5 assists.

Thanks for the info....I am a huge fan of both Kevin and Gary.... bart

Kevin's Gran Canarias puts the hurt on DOMINION BILBAO BASKET 85-59. Kevin with 14 points ad 2 assists in 17:59 before fouling out.

Kevin's Gran Canarias team now playing in Eurocup game vs. Jon Brockman's MHP RIESEN Ludwigsburg. Brockman's squad leads 13-11 after 6 minutes of play. Live video streaming here.

Kevin's team beat Brockman's squad decisively, 95-75, for their second Eurocup win. Kevin with 5 points, 5 assists, and a couple of rebounds in 24:32.

Kevin Pangos Gran Canarias team is playing Enel Basket Brindisi now, going for the team's 3rd straight Eurocup win. Live Stats here. After 6 minutes, Kevin's squad leads 17-9, Kevin with 5 points on perfect shooting, with 1 assist.

Terrific game for Kevin, with 11 points and 8 assists in 18:40:

Well, Gran Canaria lost to LABORAL KUTXA BASKONIA 77-67 (Box score), but Kevin had a nice stat line, with 16 points and 3 assists:

Highlight video here

Interesting aside: Kim Tillie, big bro of Zag recruit Killian Tillie, is on the roster for the winning team.

Tough news for one of Kevin's teammates:
    Former Louisville basketball player Kyle Kuric will undergo surgery to remove a tumor from his brain, his Spanish professional club announced Tuesday.

Kuric, who played four years at U of L and helped the Cards reach the 2012 Final Four, went to a hospital in Barcelona with a migraine, and doctors discovered the tumor, a release from CB Gran Canarias said.

The club said Kuric has a meningioma, which the Mayo Clinic defines as a tumor that "arises from the meninges, the membranes that surround your brain and spinal cord."

Kuric, a 6-foot-4 wing, has played the last three years in Spain, first with Asefa Estudiantes and then with Gran Canarias, where he signed last year.

Thanks ZN, I was wondering why Kyle did not play, he was their best player up until now....

The team seems pretty tight group, perhaps isolation on a beautiful island contributes to that.

The fans of Gran Canaria remind me of those of GU.

I don't see fellow Canadian Levon Kendall on the scoring sheet, but he is listed on their roster.

He may not be laying at the moment, have a look at the article below, Kyle is not the only one at GC dealing with a brain tumour.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2249281/b-...-brain-tumour/

I know it is early in the season, but right now Gran Canaria is rated (tied) as the 5th best team in Europe....

http://www.eurobasket.com/service/ba...ll-ranking.asp

Gran Canarias now playing vs. Alba Berlin in Eurocup. Live stats (HGC with 23 points vs alba Berlin's 10 after 8 minutes) Kevin with 5 points and an assist.

Live video here.

Hmm. Interesting... Kevin with nice point total and assists, but with 5 turnovers in a loss to Alba Berlin, after leading by double digits the first 3/4 of the game ...