Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 148 of 148

Thread: Confession Corner....No judgment

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    In the 70's, when I lived in Alabama, Coors was the illegal, but oft smuggled repast (despite it arriving unrefrigerated for 3-4 days). It was good because American lagers were about all there was to judge it by, and on the gulf coast perhaps even slimmer pickens were to be had.
    I also ceased drinking Coors for the reasons you mentioned and now find it to be awfully close to making love in a canoe.
    Which just happens to be the name of the flagship beer from Priest Lake Brewing, at Priest Lake, ID:

    Priest Lake Brewing
    Priest Lake Brewing Logo
    Our signature beer at Priest Lake Brewing is an IPL (India Pale Lager) which is aptly named, “Making Love in a Canoe”.

    Priest Lake Brewing is located on Hwy 57, across from Millies in the Priest Lake Service Center.

    https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...23&oe=5F77994D

    https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a7&oe=5F7808E9

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Which just happens to be the name of the flagship beer from Priest Lake Brewing, at Priest Lake, ID:

    Priest Lake Brewing
    Priest Lake Brewing Logo
    Our signature beer at Priest Lake Brewing is an IPL (India Pale Lager) which is aptly named, “Making Love in a Canoe”.

    Priest Lake Brewing is located on Hwy 57, across from Millies in the Priest Lake Service Center.

    https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...23&oe=5F77994D

    https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a7&oe=5F7808E9
    Do you know what that reference is? It has been used to mean fu**ing near water. I am sure that Priest Lake Brewing has a different idea about the reference...but that is funny.

    I have not seen that IPA. Where is it available? I live just north of Spokane.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Where can you get it? The only place I know of is at Priest Lake at the brewery, or possibly across the highway at Millies.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Momís Basement
    Posts
    8,018

    Default

    I tried to trim my beard into a Drew Manchu for the Final Four. That is harder to do than you might think.

    I am now clean shaven for the first time in about five years.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I tried to trim my beard into a Drew Manchu for the Final Four. That is harder to do than you might think.

    I am now clean shaven for the first time in about five years.
    Wife won't let me try
    Bring back the OCC

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    in the middle
    Posts
    3,525

    Default

    I don’t wear Zags gear on game days because I don’t want to have to burn a shirt in case of a loss. 30 games. All wins. Working so far.

    So anxious for tonight’s game. Wish I had some gummies.
    ...and there definitely is no such thing as Prince Charming.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mee755 View Post
    I don’t wear Zags gear on game days because I don’t want to have to burn a shirt in case of a loss. 30 games. All wins. Working so far.

    So anxious for tonight’s game. Wish I had some gummies.
    I have some CBD ones, but they are for sleep.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Momís Basement
    Posts
    8,018

    Default

    I don’t like Caddyshack.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    15,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I don’t like Caddyshack.

    Well what about Blazing Saddles?
    But we don't play nobody.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Momís Basement
    Posts
    8,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Well what about Blazing Saddles?
    I like Blazing Saddles. I let my kids watch it for the first time on Friday night. They loved it.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    15,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I like Blazing Saddles. I let my kids watch it for the first time on Friday night. They loved it.
    The uncensored version? How old are they?
    But we don't play nobody.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Momís Basement
    Posts
    8,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    The uncensored version? How old are they?
    They’re about the same age as I was when my dad let me watch it. My oldest is starting driver’s ed in a few weeks. My youngest will start high school in September.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    15,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    They’re about the same age as I was when my dad let me watch it. My oldest is starting driver’s ed in a few weeks. My youngest will start high school in September.

    Yeah, that works.
    But we don't play nobody.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Yeah, that works.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,977

    Default

    I confess, I am not sure I can take people who think only athletes are in it for the money these days.

    I have a hard time finding people who aren't into things for the money. Lawyers, doctors, CEOs, etc etc etc.

    If the athletes weren't making the organizations money, the owners wouldn't be paying such huge salaries. That's the greatest truism.

    I don't know enough to know what I'm talking about the NIL. I wish more people admitted that. Some definitely do know what they are talking bout. I'm not one of them. I learn toward the players' favor.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I confess, I am not sure I can take people who think only athletes are in it for the money these days.

    I have a hard time finding people who aren't into things for the money. Lawyers, doctors, CEOs, etc etc etc.

    If the athletes weren't making the organizations money, the owners wouldn't be paying such huge salaries. That's the greatest truism.

    I don't know enough to know what I'm talking about the NIL. I wish more people admitted that. Some definitely do know what they are talking bout. I'm not one of them. I learn toward the players' favor.
    To me, most of the athletes are all ready getting a lot. Under the new rules, it will be only a select few that cash in.
    They put the current rules in place (or the first iteration of them) because many moneyed donors/alumni were hiring the athletes for large sums of money, and (in some cases) not requiring them to even do anything. This system, unless serious safeguards are included, will be ripe for abuse.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,977

    Default

    I was talking exclusively about professional athletes as that was the question I was addressing.

    You are addressing college ball. I confess, I am not qualified to discuss the pro/cons. I do generally favor the athletes versus the rich NCAA, of which I am always suspicious.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Momís Basement
    Posts
    8,018

    Default

    There is some really bad artwork floating around my place of business. A lot of it was donated over the years by grateful persons. There is one particularly awful piece that hangs in the restroom next to my office. It is supposed to be a painting of a pink floral arrangement, but it looks like a saggy, wrinkly, upside down cow udder. The artist dated it 1991. This monstrosity has been on display for thirty god forsaken years. Every time I take a leak, Iím tempted to to pilfer it and stash it in a dumpster.

    Does that make me a bad person?
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    There is some really bad artwork floating around my place of business. A lot of it was donated over the years by grateful persons. There is one particularly awful piece that hangs in the restroom next to my office. It is supposed to be a painting of a pink floral arrangement, but it looks like a saggy, wrinkly, upside down cow udder. The artist dated it 1991. This monstrosity has been on display for thirty god forsaken years. Every time I take a leak, I’m tempted to to pilfer it and stash it in a dumpster.

    Does that make me a bad person?
    Replace it with another piece of artwork and stash this one someplace, just in case someone raises a fuss.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Momís Basement
    Posts
    8,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I like Coors Lite with Clamato Juice
    I have a mild shellfish allergy and vomit almost immediately whenever I consume shellfish.

    My sister-in-law didnít know that and tried to kill me with a Cold Smoke and Clamato. She didnít tell me what it was. The flavor was disgusting, but I tried to sip it to be polite. After a few sips, she confessed to what it was. I had to slip away from the family to hate life for a couple of hours.

    She was horrified.
    Gonzaga has defeated Baylor, Illinois, Virginia, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, UCLA, Arizona, Creighton, Oklahoma, Florida State, Texas A&M, Oregon, Iowa, West Virginia, Auburn, USC, and Washington over just the past three seasons.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I have a mild shellfish allergy and vomit almost immediately whenever I consume shellfish.

    My sister-in-law didn’t know that and tried to kill me with a Cold Smoke and Clamato. She didn’t tell me what it was. The flavor was disgusting, but I tried to sip it to be polite. After a few sips, she confessed to what it was. I had to slip away from the family to hate life for a couple of hours.

    She was horrified.
    I wonder if I have that allergy. I was at a seafood restaurant with a friend and he convinced me to get an oyster shot, basically an oyster, vodka, and some spices. I took the shot and immediately had to throw up. I ran for the bathroom in this very nice restaurant and barely made it to the toilet.
    Bring back the OCC

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I have a mild shellfish allergy and vomit almost immediately whenever I consume shellfish.

    My sister-in-law didn’t know that and tried to kill me with a Cold Smoke and Clamato. She didn’t tell me what it was. The flavor was disgusting, but I tried to sip it to be polite. After a few sips, she confessed to what it was. I had to slip away from the family to hate life for a couple of hours.

    She was horrified.
    Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I wonder if I have that allergy. I was at a seafood restaurant with a friend and he convinced me to get an oyster shot, basically an oyster, vodka, and some spices. I took the shot and immediately had to throw up. I ran for the bathroom in this very nice restaurant and barely made it to the toilet.
    My wife also has a shellfish allergy so we avoid such things. HOWEVER...several years ago we drove down to see my daughter in Fairhope, Alabama (Yes, the same small town that DZ now lives in). We reached the Gulf of Mexico at Biloxi, Mississippi and she was ready to wade in the warm waters. It turns out that the beach at Biloxi is sand mixed with tiny, ground up particles of shell, unlike the pristine, white sands at Gulf Shores.
    Shortly after wading, her feet began to swell, up to her ankles. She took a benadryl and it didn't get any worse. She does have an epi pen for anaphylaxis should it have become too serious. It didn't get that bad but she was somewhat hobbled for a couple of days, and since the stay was only 6 days with 3 of that vending at an Arts and Craft show, it was a real bother, but now she knows.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    My middle son has several allergies, he hasn't tested positive for a banana allergy, but every single time he has had one or had it in something (banana bread) he's thrown up almost immediately. It's not a texture thing, because the banana bread isn't banana-y. It could be an allergy to the chemical used to ripen bananas, so we avoid other fruits that use that ripening agent. I'm just glad it's not anaphylaxis, he had that occur at 12 months and it was scary, luckily he didn't have major airway issues. We're still not sure if it was egg or if it was cross contaminated with nuts. He had a few desserts after Thanksgiving and some were store bought, nothing specifically had nuts in it, but with one of them being cheesecake the egg is usually baked at a lower temperature than other cakes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •