Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Confession Corner....No judgment

I'll keep my confession along the line of jeans. I have gone to 3 Old Navy's (in addition to making an online order) in the past 4 days. I love a good clearance deal. I found a pair of jeans for my husband and myself for $.97 each. Today I drove across town to go to a different store, I found 3 uniform shirts for next year for my older son for $1.50...not $1.50 each, that was the total for all 3!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    5 tacos!
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

I find these ads Progressive Insurance ads with Flo to be oddly entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I taught my son the appropriate times to fart.. in other words... if no chicks be around... fire at will. But own up if they stink something fierce.
    I have daughters.

That basically means your only rule doesn't apply.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I'll keep my confession along the line of jeans. I have gone to 3 Old Navy's (in addition to making an online order) in the past 4 days. I love a good clearance deal. I found a pair of jeans for my husband and myself for $.97 each. Today I drove across town to go to a different store, I found 3 uniform shirts for next year for my older son for $1.50...not $1.50 each, that was the total for all 3!
    I would pay $50 for jeans if it means that I don't have to drive across town.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

In a drive thru car wash I have rolled down my daughters window during the rinse cycle. To top it off I didn't feel the least bit guilty about it.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I bought a red/blue flannel "Arrow" shirt at Burlington Coat Factory for $4.99 ....it's my favorite shirt, gotten compliments on it. I buy generic cheese, I don't buy drinks at fast food places b/c they're 1/2 as much at 7-11.

Why do I do this? Because my wife decides my daughter needs the $280 swim lessons at Whitworth over the $60 swim lessons at the "Y" because they're "better swim lessons" - my daughter is 8! ONE nice gift to my daughter's teacher wasn't enough, my wife insisted her teacher also needed a dozen roses, too. Arrharhrharhrrhah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's an ongoing battle, me trying to save every penny on what we need, she tries to maximize all costs we have.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    It's an ongoing battle, me trying to save every penny on what we need, she tries to maximize all costs we have.
    Sounds like you're both effective in your roles!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Sounds like you're both effective in your roles!
    Are you saying you like my shirt?

You DID say you liked my $3.99 7/11 winter hat! Do - awesome.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Confession: The Old Navy's proximity to a Steak n' Shake and a bakery that sells GIANT chocolate chip cookies played a large role in my willingness to drive there (it's really not that bad of a trip if I go between the rush hours, maybe 20-25 minutes at most). I just got 2 more orders of his school uniforms in yesterday (this online shopping and not even needing to leave the house is pretty nice too, not to mention they carry slim sizes online).

MMM - not really a Flo guy.

I do have to admit that I have a rather strange, perhaps strong, "thing" for the AT&T girl;

Mark Twain.

I have blamed farts on both of my daughters. They are 2 years and 3 months. My wife only believed me once.

I actually enjoyed Silverwood yesterday - the non-water park part.

We got a tix at Costco for $8 off, daughter had a free one from school reading program, so price reasonable, the roller coaster lines weren't even as long as I'd anticipated (a la Disneyland).

I met many people from Tacoma and Seattle that drove there for the day, met some from Billings and Kallispel. I was so surprised by how nice it was that I googled up reviews while waiting for my wife and daughter to get off a ride and found it got great reviews nationally.

I was shocked. As a Spokanite, I'm supposed to speak of Silverwood with utter disdain. I can speak that way of the water park, but ....
    Mark Twain.

When we go out, I dress the kids similar. Not to be all cutesy, just in case one gets away from me...then I can tell people (remember) how he's dressed by pointing to the other one.

When we go out, I dress the kids similar. Not to be all cutesy, just in case one gets away from me...then I can tell people (remember) how he's dressed by pointing to the other one.
    You're smarter than me.

We have one daughter, so it's much much easier to keep track of her.
    Mark Twain.

That's brilliant. I could never achieve that level of coordination. I'm usually relieved if both of my kids just come back wearing all of the clothes they were wearing when we left the house.

I think s'mores taste better without marshmallow. Give me chocolate and graham cracker and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    You're smarter than me.

We have one daughter, so it's much much easier to keep track of her.
    You should match your clothes with your daughter! Then you could point at yourself.

It is a great idea, especially with younger ones. I can't imagine my 18 yr old granddaughter would match outfits with her 11 year old sister. And the boy? Forget about it! He's almost 13!
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I think s'mores taste better without marshmallow. Give me chocolate and graham cracker and call it good.
    I don't really like s'mores. I usually eat one so no one notices.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I don't really like s'mores. I usually eat one so no one notices.
    S'mores in the microwave is extremely fast and tastes actually pretty good.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Haha, I haven't actually lost track of either one, but I worry if I did that I wouldn't remember how I dressed him, or would just panic.
    Once they're nearly teenagers, I plan to give them bus fare, if they get lost they can enjoy a long ride home on crowded public transit

I hate getting ready for the holidays. I do enjoy celebrating the holidays, but I hate the monumental time commitment to work and school functions, local charity events, gift planning, decorating, and all of the other ancillary events during the weeks prior to the actual holiday vacation.

I just took the dog out to do his thing. Fell on my elbow, looked like a total dck. More than usual. Even my dog was embarrassed.

I bought my winter hat today. 7-11
    Mark Twain.

We haven't Christmas shopped at all, unless you count what our 5 year old picked out at the school Santa's workshop. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime.
    I really hope the in laws don't get us clothes.