Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Confession Corner....No judgment

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I am not working as much as I thought I would be with all the changes. Which would be perfect for the writing if I didn't have such a massive case of writer's block.

I sit here and feel pretty useless.

Spending time with wife and beloved daughter is a good thing, though.

Man, I'm worthless right now. Really in a rut.
    You really need a stupid and futile gesture. . .it worked for Doug Kenney. Why not you ??

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

I returned a piece of jewelry to COSTCO today. They have a really good return policy. Even the clerk behind the counter didn't ask "why?"

So it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I have spent an inordinate amount of mental energy trying to think of words and phrases that begin with D and end with K over the past few days.
    Haha. Me too. One of the best Foo threads ever. Did it just pop in your head?

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I returned a piece of jewelry to COSTCO today. They have a really good return policy. Even the clerk behind the counter didn't ask "why?"

So it goes.
    That doesn’t sound like happy news.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    That doesn’t sound like happy news.
    Naw, it's okay. Sometimes when a bit of doubt creeps into a decision, it's a good thing to put off said decision. . .so I did.

Haha. Me too. One of the best Foo threads ever. Did it just pop in your head?
    It did. I debated whether the subject was too taboo for this audience, but figured the mods wouldn’t ban me forever if it was. I like to live dangerously.

I used to be a HUGE sports fan and closely followed all my favorite teams. About 4 or 5 years ago, that started to change. Now, the only sports team I follow is Gonzaga Men's Basketball, and I only watch about half the games. I'm not sure what changed.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

I like romance and comedy movies the best.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
    I used to be a HUGE sports fan and closely followed all my favorite teams. About 4 or 5 years ago, that started to change. Now, the only sports team I follow is Gonzaga Men's Basketball, andl I only watch about half the games. I'm not sure what changed.

wait, what?
    I was with you until that part. I watch every minute of every game.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
    I used to be a HUGE sports fan and closely followed all my favorite teams. About 4 or 5 years ago, that started to change. Now, the only sports team I follow is Gonzaga Men's Basketball, and I only watch about half the games. I'm not sure what changed.
    I'm kind of the same way. I have been thinking about it lately. I think the big thing that changed is that I am much more busy. For example, with Gonzaga games I usually miss the Thursday night game because my daughter has gymnastics practice that night.
    Bring back the OCC

I wish a couple of our MBB forum “experts” would decide to become fans of some other team.

My entire t-shirt wardrobe used to consist of t-shirts from various road races. It’s now pretty much a collection of brewery t-shirts. Hmmm.... Should that concern me?

My entire t-shirt wardrobe used to consist of t-shirts from various road races. It’s now pretty much a collection of brewery t-shirts. Hmmm.... Should that concern me?
    Not at all!

Even though I truly enjoy good brews, I have been drinking hard cider! It has great taste, good alcohol content and doesn't make me have to get up to pee at 2:30 AM.
    It's not funny.

Nah.

My entire t-shirt wardrobe used to consist of concert and band t-shirts. It's now pretty much the same.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

There is now one sweaty race shirt in my laundry hamper.

I hate beaches. The least relaxing vacation I can think of is one that brings home grains of sand that will evade a vacuum for the next decade. We spent a whopping 2 hours at Erie yesterday, the baby hated it too... gonna be finding sand forever.

I wish a couple of our MBB forum “experts” would decide to become fans of some other team.

. . .

I didn’t watch last night’s game even though it was broadcast on ESPN2. I may regret that decision when I’m cussing out the WCC’s ongoing inability to live stream games that are actually watched by more than six people.

I started the GUnit thread before the game was decided. . .a karmic risk given the stakes.

Poor grammar makes my head explode. ()
    Their(sic) is a thread on the mbb that I can’t look at without grimacing.

Some of it is typing the sound, I do it, though I write far far more than most throughout a day, so … Yes, it is annoying but I am an offender.

My worst is "Hear, here" when I am typing fast. It is really awful.

Last night, I missed the first 6 minutes of the game bc I was watching the NFL playoffs and got distracted.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Me too Dixie, and I was sitting behind the backboard!!! But just couldn't shake the schadenfreude of watching the Bills lose.

The worst is when people substitute "then" and "than" and don't seem to know how to use "sell" and "sale." You can't blame talk to text for those mistakes. I will admit my auto correct often changes "its" to "it's" when I intend for it to be possessive and it annoys me to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Me too Dixie, and I was sitting behind the backboard!!! But just couldn't shake the schadenfreude of watching the Bills lose.
    Ha, lol.

I feel less bad.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.