Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zach Collins to play in NBPA Top 100 Camp

Default Zach Collins to play in NBPA Top 100 Camp

Gonzaga Guru ‏@ZagsGuru · 2h2 hours ago
    Zach Collins (@zcollins_33) will play in @TheNBPA @Top100Camp. Busy Summer for the #futureZag

"Zach Collins is one of the skilled basketball players who have been invited to the prestigious NBPA Top 100 Camp, which will be held June 16-20 on the campus of the University of Virginia. The NBPA Top 100 Camp is an event hosted by the NBPA (National Basketball Players Association), where current and former NBA players coach and guide prospective basketball stars. Another 2016 prospect, 6'8" wing Brendan Bailey, has also been invited to the camp."

http://www.zagaholic.com/2015/06/zac...a-top-100.html

Nice work, Zach!!

Only if there was someway we could land Frank Jackson or Brendan Bailey...
    Go Zags!!!

Almost afraid someone will try to steal Collins away before he signs. That being said...signing day can't come soon enough! He might become the highest rated recruit Gonzaga has ever landed.

Perhaps Zach could put a few good words in for Gonzaga to Brendan in particular........

Zach Collins retweeted

9h: @zcollins_33 Congrats on the opportunity! Zagnation pulling for you. Talk to @brendanbailey35 about teaming up at Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Zach Collins retweeted

9h: @zcollins_33 Congrats on the opportunity! Zagnation pulling for you. Talk to @brendanbailey35 about teaming up at Gonzaga.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketb.../story/1556146

"Collins had one of the best performances of any post in camp on Wednesday. He’s always been a mobile center with good size, length and athleticism but showed an improved skill level in the afternoon.
    The 2016 prospect finished well around the basket, made some nice passes from the paint and high post, played hard, protected the rim and rebounded on both ends of the court.
    Collins made an early commitment to Gonzaga. "

Zach Collins retweeted

Courtside Films ‏@CourtsideFilms · 11m11 minutes ago
    Zach Collins (@zcollins_33) has been scoring at will all day. His low post presence is phenomenal. Great moves on the block.

Wow, scout.com has discovered that Collins might not be a prospect who should be ranked in the 90's

If this kid is not the first out of the box Mickey D for GU it will be an injustice.

Staff got a dandy. Looks spectacular.

Zach Collins retweeted

Vegas Fundamentals ‏@LVFundamentals · 2h2 hours ago
    #Vegas news #ZachCollins the 4-Star recruit had one of the best performances Day 1 @ #NBPA Top 100

Zach Collins retweeted

Clint Jackson ‏@clintjackson1 · 1h1 hour ago
    Zach Collins -- Forgot to mention yesterday, but he is looking good again today. Tough, pretty skilled. Effective around basket. #NBATop100

Gonzaga Guru retweeted

Rob Harrington ‏@Rob_Harrington · 59m59 minutes ago
    Zach Collins is having a nice camp. Just managed to score between Mohamed Bamba and Mamadi Diakite -- no small feat.

Gonzaga Guru ‏@ZagsGuru · 3h3 hours ago
    .@zcollins_33 was a dominant force on the glass yesterday at #NBPATop100 http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=2980 … (@ny2lasports) #ZagUp

Gonzaga Guru ‏@ZagsGuru · 20m20 minutes ago
    2016 6'8 wing Brendan Bailey is receiving rave reviews at the #Top100Camp today. Raining 3's! #GonzagaRecruit

"Zach Collins – 2016 – C – Las Vegas, Nevada
    Activity and effort were his calling cards Wednesday as Collins brought both to the table the results were a couple of solid performances. He showed solid finishing ability around the basket, ran the floor well, dropped in a couple of post moves and made things happen on both ends while serving as a dominant force on the glass. Wrapped day 1 averaging 10 ppg and close to 8 rebounds while going 9-15 from the field and blocking a couple of shots.
    See more at: http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.a....GkJ7bMNj.dpuf

Dinos Trigonis ‏@trigonis30 · 3h3 hours ago
    Collins is definitely not afraid to mix it up inside either. Just got tangled up & held his ground vs 6-9 man-child Edrice Adebayo

Brandon Clay ‏@BrandonClayPSB · 1h1 hour ago
    #NBPATop100 (VA) Day Two Stars:
    Brendan Bailey
    Troy Baxter
    Joey Brunk
    Zach Collins
    Ty Jerome
    Omari Spellman

Dinos Trigonis ‏@trigonis30 · 3h3 hours ago
    Gonzaga-bound 6-11 2016 Zack Collins (Bishop Gorman/Las Vegas NV) is having a very solid #NBPATop100 camp on both ends of the floor

Rodger Bohn ‏@rodgerbohn · 5m5 minutes ago
    6'10 Zach Collins from Vegas has been dominating glass.Totally controlling area on both ends + good positional D. #nbpatop100

Boy, I love all these comments about dominating the glass.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Coach John Lucas ‏@CoachJohnLucas1 · 7h7 hours ago
    Zach Collins has shown lots of toughness and willingness to guard the best offensive player and also score. #NBPATop100

Dinos Trigonis ‏@trigonis30 · 6h6 hours ago
    #nbpaTop100 Top Rebs (to date): Adebayo 8.0 rpg; DeLaurier-Montgomery 7.0; Zach Collins 6.8; Thon Maker 6.7; @nolimitbill 6.5; Huell 6.5

I hope he doesn't get his head turned in anther direction. You can bet somebody's going to try to whisper in his ear.

Damn, this Kid is for Real. He's athletic for his size and runs the floor, has a variety of shots, great hands, is a skilled passer, and seems unafraid of contact. He could be our most complete Five since JP Batista? And he seems to have that kind of Heart?, if so? he will be a MONSTER.
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

Are we talking one and done here?

I don't think so. Most Coaches Kids seem to value an Education, and when he steps onto McCarthey it won't be the finished Product. I do think the " Jesse & Zach " Show will be some FUN To watch!
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

So on paper he would be a freshman when the Bonus is a junior and Eddie is a junior as well? He's not a redshirt candidate I wouldn't think.

Boy, I wish I knew?, Jazz. For the last couple of seasons we've moved into uncharted waters concerning depth? IMHO we have actually begun to approach a surplus of talent. Who'd have thunk it? lol. Can Few continue to keep everyone happy?, down the line from what I'm seeing, Jesse & Zach will be hard to keep off the floor?, more so after their Frosh Season. I'm not complaining for the Big Banner WILL hang in the Kennel one Day soon.
    ― Scottie Pippen

zagbball ‏@zagbball · 7h7 hours ago
    America is discovering what #ZagNation has known for a while, @zcollins_33 is one of the best bigs around http://usatodayhss.com/2015/after-bi...y-to-break-out

I wonder how many D-1 teams Bishop Gorman could have beaten last year. More than a few, I would think.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.