X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snagglezag
    Kennel Club Material
    • Oct 2007

Per Jeff Goodman, Cunliffe to transfer according to sources...
    Welcome to Zagdom

Comment

• ZagsObserver
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2010

I'd take him

Comment

• Darreno
        Redshirt
        • Oct 2014

Will be interesting to see where he lands. Done after 10 games at ASU. He would be eligible at the start of the 2nd semester next season.
        Micah Downs came here after playing 13 games at Kansas and that worked out pretty well!

Comment

• ZagsObserver
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2010

No schollies available, though

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
            Banned
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Snagglezag View Post
            Per Jeff Goodman, Cunliffe to transfer according to sources...
            Wow! Looks like 23zagmd was spot on. Not remotely interested.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2013

Def interested if schollies open
              Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Got plenty of p.t. And averaged 10 and 5. Weird. Said he was missing home. Maybe a Spangler case.

Twitter gossip: Per a program source, Cunliffe’s transfer is due at least in part to unspecified family issues. Was averaging 9.5 points in 25.4 minutes.

News article:

Arizona State Sun Devils’ freshman guard Sam Cunliffe has announced that he will be transferring from the school. Through the team’s first 10 games, Cunliffe is averaging 9.5 points and 4.8 rebounds per contest.

The highest-ranked recruit thus far into the Bobby Hurley era at Arizona State lasted all of 10 games before wanting out. Rated as the top player coming out of the state of Washington this past season, the four-star recruit comes from the famed Rainier Beach High School, which has produced NBA talent such as Jamal Crawford and Dejounte Murray.

The 6-6 swingman has filled up the shot column to begin the season, having taken at least seven shots and played in 23 minutes in each of his last eight games. He recorded a career-high in points and rebounds against The Citadel on Nov. 23, going for 23 and 10 en route to posting his first career double-double. However, over the opening 10 games, he has shot just 34.8 percent from the field, including 62.1 percent from the free-throw stripe.

Highly sought after on the recruiting trail by Pac-12 competition such as Washington, Washington State, Utah and Colorado, as well as West Coast savants in Gonzaga, Cunliffe should have no shortage of options when it comes to accepting his transfer. For the Sun Devils, they lose their fifth-leading scorer from a team that has opened the year at 6-4 with maulings at the hands of Kentucky and Purdue to their record.

Coming off a vital non-conference win over San Diego State, Arizona State has three remaining games in non-conference play – including a matchup with No. 10 Creighton – before Pac-12 play begins on Dec. 30 against Stanford.

Comment

• adoptedzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Hard pass for me. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Too many red flags to ignore.

Comment

• sittingon50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
                    No schollies available, though
                    Downs paid his way for a semester. Other's have come & paid as well (Jeremy Jones, etc.)
                    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
                      Zag for Life
                      • Apr 2007

Can he rebounds?

Comment

• webspinnre
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by adoptedzag View Post
                        Hard pass for me. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Too many red flags to ignore.
                        Am I missing something? Are there other red flags being publicized elsewhere?
                        I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
                          Can he rebounds?
                          Can he get offensive rebounds?

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                            Zag for Life
                            • Sep 2009

With Kispert, Norvell, Hachimura, Tillie, I don't see the need or the room. As to any personal issues he may or may not have, I'd leave that to the coaches and player vetting v message board hearsay.

Comment

• DukeSilver
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by adoptedzag View Post
                              Yet another recruit who spurns the Zags in favor of another program who all of a sudden develops disqualifying character flaws ... Too predictable around here sometimes ...

If schollies open up (which seems reasonably likely) then I would take him with open arms. That said, the "family issues" portion of this story makes me think he's a lock to head to UW.

Comment

• cggonzaga
                                Zag for Life
                                • Mar 2007

Cunliffe doesn't strike me as the kind to want to come off the bench. Would be a nice backup at the point depending on whether or not Wade redshirts. Agree with Maynard though, don't see the need or the room. My guess is he ends up in Montlake if home sickness is indeed the cause for transferring.

Comment

Working...
                                X