Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redshirt Bryan Alberts getting some press

Default Redshirt Bryan Alberts getting some press

Gonzaga Guru ‏@ZagsGuru · 22h22 hours ago
    #Gonzaga's @bryan_a_alberts is a bright spot for the Dutch National B-Team: 17 Pts, 3 Reb, 1.5 Ast, 2.5 Stl, 57% 3pt

sorry cant spell Bryan

Great that Bryan is getting to play in some actual games, the competition will make him sharper come Autumn...

Here is a bit more from Eurobasket's Netherland (Holland) page.

http://www.eurobasket.com/Holland/ne...eat-Luxembourg

Kid can stroke it. We have some sharpshooters in him and Melson.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Kid can stroke it. We have some sharpshooters in him and Melson.
    But...but...the Zags won't have anybody that can shoot the 3 ball next year. That's what I keep hearing from some of the naysayers on this board.

Wait. Wtf, Bryan Alberts is Dutch???

Quote Originally Posted by MTZag03 View Post
    Cue the Austin Powers quotes.

Probably the same way Kyle is Canadian despite being born and raised in Portland; a parent or grandparent is Dutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTZag03 View Post

He was 5-9 from 3pt.

Solid.

I disagree that there are posters saying we don't have any guys that can shoot the 3. I know many, including myself, have said that we don't have proven perimeter guys coming into the year. That doesn't mean guys like Melson or Alberts won't step up to the plate. Of course we have Wiltjer though which is pretty solid!

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    But...but...the Zags won't have anybody that can shoot the 3 ball next year. That's what I keep hearing from some of the naysayers on this board.

What?!? Alberts is only 5' 9"!!! No, no, no more small guards. Oh, wait, he WAS 5-9....from 3 pt. Nevermind. Carry on. Can't wait for the BA Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I disagree that there are posters saying we don't have any guys that can shoot the 3. I know many, including myself, have said that we don't have proven perimeter guys coming into the year. That doesn't mean guys like Melson or Alberts won't step up to the plate. Of course we have Wiltjer though which is pretty solid!
    Okay, maybe I was engaging in a bit of hyperbole. I'm less worried about perimeter shooting next year than some other posters.

Which group is happiest about Bryan Alberts stroking it from 3 land to the tune of 5-9 in a game:
    A) BA himself and his family
    B) Our GU Board community
    C) Zag coaching staff
    D) PK, DS, RE and KW
    E) All of the above
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Agreed...I think we will be fine. What we lose from the perimeter in Pangos and Bell, we gain in other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Okay, maybe I was engaging in a bit of hyperbole. I'm less worried about perimeter shooting next year than some other posters.

There is three point shooting and then there is three point shooting in post season. As history suggests, the two categories of three point shooting are like apples and oranges.

We get a tiny sample size of the most important category of three point shooting and there is typically no way to predict if the stage is too big.

This is where experience and track record comes in and even then, isn't a reliable predictor.

In my opinion, the only legitimate three point shooter for GU is Wiltjer. He is a champion.

I set the bar high enough to meet my own selfish expectations.
    I miss Mike Hart

This will translate into 3pt shooting in the post season. Who do you want to send out for game 7....Jamie Moyer or The Big Unit?
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Through 4 games averaging 12.75 pts (leading team), 2 boards, 1.75 steals, and 1.25 assists ---36% from 3 and 71% from ft

So is everyone certain this is our 6 ft 5 in ALberts we're talking about?? For a kid who hasn't played much here, he's doing very well overseas......in combat I don't see why he can't shoot 40% from distance. He's a deadeye.....and his knee looks to be very healthy. Huge leaper is what I saw last Summer in the camps.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    So is everyone certain this is our 6 ft 5 in ALberts we're talking about?? For a kid who hasn't played much here, he's doing very well overseas......in combat I don't see why he can't shoot 40% from distance. He's a deadeye.....and his knee looks to be very healthy. Huge leaper is what I saw last Summer in the camps.
    It would suck to find out it was someone else's Bryan Alberts we were talking about! Ha!

But seriously, when Coach comes out and speaks specifically about someone's shooting, I'm listening. Not sure what all the concern is about.

Go ZAGS!

Yup, he's our guy:

Nederland's #11 looks a lot like our Domas.

Default Nickname

Clockwork Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Probably the same way Kyle is Canadian despite being born and raised in Portland; a parent or grandparent is Dutch.
    Somebody has to have the scoop on this. How did he even sneak out of the country without the forum noticing?
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Somebody has to have the scoop on this. How did he even sneak out of the country without the forum noticing?
    Clearly we're falling down on the job. We should all be fired.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I found a reference to it while scanning through Hillary's emails, but didn't say anything because I wasn't sure it was our guy.
    gobroncsgozags: "Have a great day in the podunk, crap hole known as Roslyn."