Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's Kevin?

Default Where's Kevin?

Kevin posted this tweet yesterday. Any clues as to where he's headed? I'm suspecting some NBA draft prep camp, but I'd appreciate any clues you all might have.

It looks like he is playing at some basketball event. An economics professor at Gonzaga named Bud Barnes replied to his post on Twitter and said:

@KPangos
    Play well. And, hit the books!
    Prof. @barnes_bud

Professor Barnes was the long time Dean of the business school. I was lucky enough to run into him briefly at the WCC tournament and he informed me that he decided to go back to just teaching. He's a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Professor Barnes was the long time Dean of the business school. I was lucky enough to run into him briefly at the WCC tournament and he informed me that he decided to go back to just teaching. He's a great guy.
    Interesting, I hadn't heard he was back.

Good luck, Kevin.
    Go Zags!!!

Bud! Lov the guy! Not surprised at his comment at "hitting the books" lol just perfect.

On a plane.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Looks like our guy went to the Chicago office of Priority Sports to sign a contract for an agent (Brad Ames?)

kpangos

Officially signed w/ Priority Sports Agency! Feels good to be part of the family and working towards my dreams

Perhaps a slightly different answer to the OP's headline query than expected: KP (along with GBJ and Parker Kelly) is on this year's Hoopfest poster

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevilGolfZag View Post
    Perhaps a slightly different answer to the OP's headline query than expected: KP (along with GBJ and Parker Kelly) is on this year's Hoopfest poster
    Very cool poster!

Not sure if this was posted before but I thought it was great that Kevin would do this. Such a great Zag.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/o...my-ailing-dad/

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Not sure if this was posted before but I thought it was great that Kevin would do this. Such a great Zag.

What a cool story...
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    What a cool story...
    Way Cool! I seem to always find something cool when I drop into the GU Forums - Go Zags! Go Kevin! And Go Ronald Walsh!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Love it.

Love our zags so much!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Great story... There's probably more stories out there like that. Like Zagger said, there is always something cool to find here even in the offseason...

Kevin was working out for the LA Lakers. . .maybe his mentor Steve Nash can put in a good word or two with GM Mitch K

Video of Kevin (from the Lakers web site )

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/1505...WorkoutsPangos

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Gonzaga Guru ‏@ZagsGuru · 1h1 hour ago

Gonzaga Guru retweeted Phoenix Suns
    .@KPangos is working with the Phoenix @Suns today #GoZags

He'll also be working out for the Jazz.......He just doesn't know it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Gonzaga Guru ‏@ZagsGuru · 1h1 hour ago

Gonzaga Guru retweeted Phoenix Suns
    .@KPangos is working with the Phoenix @Suns today #GoZags

On the schedule for the Brooklyn Nets on June 1. http://www.netsdaily.com/2015/5/28/8...-drat-workouts

The Brooklyn Nets have announced three days of NBA Draft workouts starting June 1st, at the team's practice facility in New Jersey. The Nets will select 29th overall in the first round and 41st overall, in the second round. The Nets, who didn't start working out prospects until June 23 last year, will reportedly work out between 50 and 60 prospects in June. In the past, they have even worked out players --including Bojan Bogdanovic in 2011-- right up till the morning of the draft.
    In addition to the two picks the Nets have now, they may very well buy a second rounder (or move up). And while many of the prospects aren't likely to be drafted, the Nets will need players to man their two summer league teams, training camp roster and possibly a D-League entry. We'll have thorough and comprehensive coverage of these workouts, of course, so stay tuned.

Had a great workout yesterday.....shot the lights out even though he arrived in town around 1 am Wed. morn

Quote Originally Posted by ZionZag View Post
    He'll also be working out for the Jazz.......He just doesn't know it yet

Here's a piece about Kevin's journey from his hometown press, Yorkregion.com:
    Kevin Pangos is living at a dizzying pace these days.

It has been a blur of airports and gymnasiums as he dribbles from city to city on a whirlwind tour to showcase his talents in the final days leading to the National Basketball Association Draft, slated for June 25 in Brooklyn, New York.

Not unlike other draft-eligible players, the Holland Landing resident is making the behind-the-scenes rounds leading up to the draft at the Barclays Center.

By the end of a five-week grind next Tuesday, he will have auditioned for 13 NBA teams. It’s a stop in with the Portland Trailblazers tomorrow, before visits to Cleveland and Boston complete the tour.

Thanks ZN,

Perhaps the best for last....The Celtics coach already knows KP pretty well, along with a couple of the players (obviously KO, but also Marcus Smart).

Danny Ainge is one crafty GM, like the way he operates (been following him since his BYU days).

If KP doesn't get drafted I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a chance to do Summer Leagues with Boston......

I can't believe the Raptors haven't given him a look.

TSN did a great article on Kevin today:

"Kevin Pangos turns new leaf, hopes to join Canada's NBA revolution"

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...andrew-wiggins

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    Thanks ZN,

Perhaps the best for last....The Celtics coach already knows KP pretty well, along with a couple of the players (obviously KO, but also Marcus Smart).

Danny Ainge is one crafty GM, like the way he operates (been following him since his BYU days).

If KP doesn't get drafted I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a chance to do Summer Leagues with Boston......
    That'd be awesome, I'd get to see him in the Jazz SL in Salt Lake.
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."