Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Weekend Upcoming

Default Big Weekend Upcoming

Williams-Goss and Williams III on official visits:

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 3m3 minutes ago
    Pretty significant recruiting weekend ahead for Mark Few. Gonzaga will host both Nigel Williams-Goss and Missouri's Jonathan Williams III.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

It will be a good weekend for them both to visit. The weather in Spokane looks to be really nice, so that will definitely go in Gonzaga's favor.

Hopefully we can get NWG on campus before he commits, rumors are he's down to UNLV and Providence with UNLV being favored.

Personally I think our odds are better with Williams as he fits a bigger need in the coming years. He can be a really dynamic player, almost fill an Austin Daye kind of role. Think he'd be a big help.

Nab both.

I'm greedy.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Nab both.

I'm greedy.
    Me too. But NWG is not likely landing here. If Providence and UNLV are really on his list, then it seems to me that he must be looking for something else other than a chance to get a lot of wins. P.S. hope I am plain wrong.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by ZagLawGrad View Post
    Me too. But NWG is not likely landing here. If Providence and UNLV are really on his list, then it seems to me that he must be looking for something else other than a chance to get a lot of wins. P.S. hope I am plain wrong.
    Just my thought, but why would a guy come to campus if he's not interested?

Quote Originally Posted by MTZag03 View Post
    To get away from UW?
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

A free vacation!
    Go Zags!!!

C'mon....NWG comes here because we win. We are an Elite 8 team . We are always ranked. #6 this year. #2 seed. Lots of TV...and lots of great OOC............but then there's the conference...........

Plus he would get to go to Atlantis and watch his new team beat his old team.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    A free vacation!
    You better believe I'd take all five visits.

I'd have my top choice (or one I've decided upon)

And then I suspect I'd visit University of Hawaii, Miami, Pepperdine, and San Francisco state.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

And then I suspect I'd visit University of Hawaii, Miami, Pepperdine, and San Francisco state.

Not SD?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Not SD?
    USD or SDSU would have to be in the mix...SDiego has the best weather...cool but not cold, warm but not hot and then there is Del Mar...I could see Pepperdine and UH but Miami is too humid...IMO...still, GU is a really good stopping point...ask BWes

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Plus he would get to go to Atlantis and watch his new team beat his old team.
    I could totally see UW being the opening game for GU.

Not SD?
    I thought about putting that in. Of course, I might consider it personally b/c I could see you.

But, it seems that everyone that visits SDSU ends up going there (at least our potential recruits do), and obviously I didn't want to bring up bad memories here.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

Believe it or not, rangling (sp?) a free (recruiting) trip to Hawaii had never occurred to me before. Wonder how the Rainbow Warriors decide who may be serious & who's just looking for better weather?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Good question. Maybe hoping to remain fabulous as long as he can before moving on to complete irrelevance should he decide to go to UNLV or Providence?
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

IN terms of convincing them you're serious, maybe if you mention you want to go to the beach after you see the facilities and meet everyone?

I spent a few summer semesters at UH. Beautiful place, wonderful people, big sports fans (if you're winning). It is a little isolating. But, tempting place.
    Mark Twain.

Not SD?
    I don't understand. Why would you visit South Dakota?

I endured Navy boot camp in San Diego. I guess Recruit Training Command, San Diego no longer exists so perhaps things have changed a bit, but........

I hated San Diego. Probably as much as they hated sailors. They loved our cash, but didn't think too much of us. Never saw a bigger collection of con artists in my life. Maybe I was hanging out in the wrong places.
    I also spent a good deal of time stationed in Long Beach as that was the home port of my first ship, USS Lang FF 1060. Needless to say, I guess I'm not a L.A. kind of guy either. Hated it.

I did see Michael Jordan play against the Clippers though. His second year as a pro. Speaking of Michael Jordan, when my ship occasionally ported in Panama, the local Jamaican men (there were a ton of them in Panama City) wanted to talk about Michael Jordan non stop. He was bigger than life down there. It was then that I truly realized the magnitude of Jordan's stardom.

My rule of thumb for California. The further north you go, the better it is. Cleaner, cooler, nicer, fresher, less populated.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    Reminds me of an old golfing buddy who worked for a financial division of a large NW company. During the course of a round, he would gleefully proclaim he was going to Hawaii for a work "retreat." My response was always, "don't you guys have facilities in South Dakota?" His reply was always, "To better serve the members."

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    I spent 2 1/2 yrs there. The winters were just like Paris!

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

The late Spring snow blizzards in South Dakota are charming.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    The late Spring snow blizzards in South Dakota are charming.
    LOL

Nothing like walking down street, holding the hand of the one you love, looking at all the tree blossoms, encapsulated in ice, under two inches of heavy snow, as a gentle 35 mph "breeze" caresses your face like sandpaper?

OTOH - I thought Rapid City and the Black Hills country was very cool in the late summer.
    Mark Twain.

Default South Dakota?

Corn Palace! Eighth Wonder of the World. And I haven't even gotten around to Mt. Rushmore!