Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vladimir Brodziansky

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    That's not quite how I remember it. He was the starter to begin the season but played himself out of the job and wasn't a significant contributor as the season progressed. I don't know what happened, but he wasn't nearly the same player during his Sr. year as he was the last half of his Jr. year.
    Yep

When I hear a name like Vladimir Brodziansky, I can't help but think that the guy is a classical piano master.......

7 footer with a jumper + schollys to fill = no brainer!

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    When I hear a name like Vladimir Brodziansky, I can't help but think that the guy is a classical piano master.......
    Chess.

Ballet.

One of those.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    That's not quite how I remember it. He was the starter to begin the season but played himself out of the job and wasn't a significant contributor as the season progressed. I don't know what happened, but he wasn't nearly the same player during his Sr. year as he was the last half of his Jr. year.
    Well, what really happened was this: He was coming off a brand new WCC Conf. Tournament MVP, along with his WCC Newcomer of the Year Award, and his confidence was soaring. He thought his last season was going to be awesome. But...Coach Few and Quise had some discussion about how it would be best for the TEAM if he sort of stepped back and let the young bucks (Bell & Pangos) get going. They were both freshys and it was Quise's last year, it was more important that they get going immediately. So, he wholeheartedly went along w/ the plan.

Of course, this newly minted road he was to travel to help the TEAM, messed with his confidence, timing, and what all. To that end I will certainly agree he did not perform as well as he'd hoped for as his career at GU waned down.

Was it good for the TEAM? Absolutely. Was it good for Quise? Hardly.

That's the first time I've heard that take to be honest. what I know is that Carter did not perform as well as the coaches expected he would in a few facets of his game and despite initial patience by the coaches his role was reduced due to poor performance. I'm not sure how that blends with what you are saying

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    That's the first time I've heard that take to be honest. what I know is that Carter did not perform as well as the coaches expected he would in a few facets of his game and despite initial patience by the coaches his role was reduced due to poor performance. I'm not sure how that blends with what you are saying
    It doesn't.

Well put it this way, Few could no longer trust Quise. When Few can no longer trust you, you don't play. That's the way it works with Few and that's why his role was reduced. As to whether in a game or two early in the year Few wanted to give the yougins a few extra touches to get them going, I really can't speak to that, but that's not unusual over the course of a season. That's is not, however, why Carter wasn't a focal part of the team that year; it was because he played 3 semesters of underachieving ball. That being said, he did not create issues in the locker room despite the obvious struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Well put it this way, Few could no longer trust Quise. When Few can no longer trust you, you don't play. That's the way it works with Few and that's why his role was reduced. As to whether in a game or two early in the year Few wanted to give the yougins a few extra touches to get them going, I really can't speak to that, but that's not unusual over the course of a season. That's is not, however, why Carter wasn't a focal part of the team that year; it was because he played 3 semesters of underachieving ball. That being said, he did not create issues in the locker room despite the obvious struggles.
    Ok.....you win.

Anyways, here's another write-up on the Vladimir Visit- http://www.zagaholic.com/2015/04/vla...mpus-gets.html

Default TCU

Per Jerry Meyer he picked TCU. Feelings are not too hurt over this news!

Jerry Meyer retweeted
    RHoops247 ‏@RHoopsRecruits 60m60 minutes ago
    Per a source, Pratt CC forward Vladimir Brodziansky will commit to TCU. Was considering Rutgers, Gonzaga and Oklahoma State. @TheChopNation

Huh. Well oookkkkk.

I hate didn't want him posts..just my feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    V, u talking bout Brod or the Quise? I can go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    rest assured the coaching staff knows more of this kid than nay-sayers on this board. That said, I do think it's good to have an opinion on any new recruit. I cringed watching every jumpshot from the kid being a fade away -- even though he's a foot taller than most of his opponents...

But... even though this kid looks like a project, Few could and should work wonders with him. Can't coach that size, but you can pretty much coach up any other aspect of his game. GU had the scholly, so i think this is probably a good pickup.

Think he's talking about the poster hegotit's sour grapes post. I agree, it comess across as petty.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    V, u talking bout Brod or the Quise? I can go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by BULLDOG#1 View Post
    rest assured the coaching staff knows more of this kid than nay-sayers on this board. That said, I do think it's good to have an opinion on any new recruit. I cringed watching every jumpshot from the kid being a fade away -- even though he's a foot taller than most of his opponents...

But... even though this kid looks like a project, Few could and should work wonders with him. Can't coach that size, but you can pretty much coach up any other aspect of his game. GU had the scholly, so i think this is probably a good pickup.
    He committed to TCU.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    He committed to TCU.
    well, i didn't read that... I'm sure the TCU staff will fix that fade away.

Wow, you guys read way too much into posts, was not my intention at all of sour grapes. I am happy with our team just the way it is with our current players and wish this young man all the best at TCU.

My point is that, often times on boards, when a recruit chooses another school you get these "we didn't really want him" type posts. I wasn't necessarily referring to a specific post but more to the broad spectrum we see. Just like when Nolan Narain chose SDSU and we saw a bunch of posts about how he was stupid for not choosing Gonzaga....