Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Per SSF and Meehan Wiltjer is returning

Robert Perry......speculation runs wild.....no need to apologize. Everyone is anxious to break a story hot off the wire, not all prove to be true. We love your posting of all GU games on UTube!!!!!!!!!!!! No mistake can ever diminish that contribution!!!!! Love what you offer!!!

I will sleep better now. RP thank you for holding yourself accountable. We are a forgiving lot you know. Or...should be
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

A couple points: referring to an internet forum scoop as "journalism" is a stretch, and this won't hurt your chances for getting a job as a scribe for"Rolling Stone".
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Am confused but not as much as the wife thinks...why are people saying that Ryan Edwards will be in the rotation this season and "maybe" have the opportunity for more time in 2016? KW and PK will be gone and if he stays healthy and progresses as most believe, why wouldn't he be the starting center for GU? Also, if Domas has another fine season this year, then he would likely be gone too! Which would make him the only returning big...

So why do many of you feel he may not be the starting Center in 2016?

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Am confused but not as much as the wife thinks...why are people saying that Ryan Edwards will be in the rotation this season and "maybe" have the opportunity for more time in 2016? KW and PK will be gone and if he stays healthy and progresses as most believe, why wouldn't he be the starting center for GU? Also, if Domas has another fine season this year, then he would likely be gone too! Which would make him the only returning big...

So why do many of you feel he may not be the starting Center in 2016?

Thank You.
    None of us know for sure, of course. In my mind, the questions arise over whether Collins and maybe a Narain play basically a 2 fours, or Sabonis stays that third year. Regardless, no one knows for sure, including Few, and he will have a big opportunity to do so, no matter who comes.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

yay

Quote Originally Posted by robertperryhere View Post
    To anyone who doesn't know, I am the person who initially broke the news about Kyle Wiltjer leaving for the NBA Draft. That is obviously not true, as multiple media outlets have reported that he is staying at Gonzaga for his senior season. I broke that story because a trusted inside source (at the time) told me that Wiltjer was leaving for the NBA. Since the source never let me down in the past, I decided to tweet that information without fact-checking it. I later checked with my source, and learned that there was miscommunication. After talking with my source in detail, they then told me he was thinking about leaving, but nothing was official yet. I thought I could trust my source because they told me Karnowski was staying for his senior season a week ago. However, I learned the hard way that I cannot rely on one source, even if it is a trusted source. To everyone and anyone reading this, I sincerely apologize for my lack of ethical journalistic judgment with this whole situation. The mistake I made was stupid, and is one that I hope to learn from. I did not intend to create such a scene with the information I shared, so I am sorry for causing so much distress. Plenty of people have let me know about my mistake, and rightfully so. I hope to learn from this mistake and hope that I can regain your trust.
    If only Bush and Obama could be so honest with their "misinformation", real HOPE would still be possible in this country. At least I have hope for one journalist and whatever media outlet he chooses to represent.

Thanks Robert, you are one of the few journalists or politicians who I might trust in the future.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by GlacierZag View Post
    What in the world would ever prompt you to write that???? You do realize that Ryan hadn't really had any coaching prior to arriving at Gonzaga. He was extremely ill and recovering his freshman year.

Ryan Edwards is so far ahead of "schedule" it isn't funny. He will get minutes next year, then will have 2 years to excel at Gonzaga.

Feeling bad for Ryan? I don't understand that in the least.
    Hi Glacier, sorry if I hit a nerve or something. Maybe you are family or friend with Ryan. I think my statement shows concern and respect for him, and is common sense. Nearly all D1 BB players like as much playing time as possible. If Kyle W. went to the pros, Ryan would see a huge jump in his PT for 2015-2016 season. I think it would be human nature to be disappointed if one was anticipating that playing time, then had to drop those expectations a tad. This does not mean he is not a team player, because I know he is. I am praising him for it. If he was not a bit disappointed, I am wrong. But if he was, I have reason to feel bad for him. I know I would have felt bad in his shoes.

Grant Gibbs, Spangler, and others have justifiably transferred to get more PT, and I am praising Ryan for his loyalty. I don't blame any of these kids put in this situation. Personally my own (BB uneducated) view of his minutes two years ago was that I was damn impressed and was surprised, I mean really surprised, he didn't get a ton of minutes then. I thought he was playing almost at the level of Karno. It don't see many others on the board who seem to think that. He has been in the program two years now with very few minutes. With all other factors equal, why wouldn't he, or any player, be happy to anticipate a big jump in minutes? Now that all 3 bigs are back, I am sure Ryan is really glad for the team for it means we will probably be a heck of a force against next season. It is my hope all 4 bigs will get about the same PT next season. Chill. No offense meant. I am all for Ryan.

One thing I know, and I'm sure Edwards knows it, is that when October 15 comes around Edwards will be ready and he will have an equal chance to show what he can do. Like every other player, he will have to earn his minutes. If he is as good as some of you believe he will play more minutes then Nunez did. He will also have a chance in early season games to show what how much he has improved. I certainly do not feel sorry for him. College basketball played at the level Gonzaga is playing at right now is highly competitive. Everyone, and I mean everyone, needs to earn their minutes. I believe Edwards will be in there banging with the best of them. I'm anxious to see how much he has improved. I never believed that Nunez deserved to play any more minutes then he played. I can hardly wait to see him play.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

As usual I like Reborn's post, and happen to agree with all of it. Ryan should get no more minutes than merit dictates, as all other players, and I thought Angel got what his skill set allowed. Only thing is the phrase 'feel sorry.' We all speak the English language, but obviously my phrase 'feel bad for someone' is not getting through the way I intend it. When I played college tennis, I was recruited over by a scholarship to a great player from California. It bumped me down so I was no longer playing first doubles anymore. I was a good sport, I was glad it made my team stronger, he was a character guy, but one piece of that was I got less PT at #1 doubles and I felt bad about that one piece, but did not feel sorry for myself at all. Feeling sorry for somebody, I think is pity and places me above the sufferer. When I feel bad for Ryan and Kyle D. that is all I mean. It means the observer identifies with the person's loss. If we didn't have so many great players ahead of them they would start and get lots more minutes, something I am sure they would like, for its own sake. When they are mature, and put the team first, and understand, and stay loyal, I admire that, and because these two guys are character guys it all works. If their skill levels rise to elite levels, like with KO, it couldn't happen to more wonderful young men.

If we bring in a top 3, like Wesley was last season, Kyle D. will play all four years without ever being a regular starter, probably. Because he is team first, not pouting, complaining, whining, type of player, if he is recruited over all will be well and we won't hear a peep of complaint from him. If we are not able to recruit over him he will get more PT. If Kyle D. starts next year I will 'feel good' for him personally, because his duty and hard work put him there. For the sake of the team and program I hope we can bring in the best 3 in the land in the next few months. It would be a fact that Kyle's PT dropped. No D1 player likes that one piece, even when it proper and understandable.