• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coolhandzag
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
    That sounds much better. Strange that GZ said something awfully similar not long ago.
    Among others. Love the Clemems quote.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
      Anyone trolled the other WCC boards yet to see the groaning? Makes me want to rewatch Kyles 45 points against Pacific.

Edwards will be fine. Besides seeing last year us needing another big (center - not Nunez) for foul issues, he is still a relative newbie and 15mpg will be a good break in for him to take over the reigns for his last two years as our main anchor.
      Nunez transfer is the only thing Zag related in DonsCentral last I checked.
      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• gonzagafan62
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
        Ryan Edwards will eventually get his chance. I still feel he's going to get more run than some people think next season. But by the time he reaches his junior year, he's going to be a huge part of the rotation.
        Yup. Even if Domas comes back for 2016, Edwards will be playing a lot. He kinda reminds me of Sam Dower, but with less minutes. We will see. Ryan is on track baby!
        Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• Zagceo
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
          Nunez transfer is the only thing Zag related in DonsCentral last I checked.
          Transfer? All I heard was a trip to Tampa last week………..You hear more?

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
            Bleeds Bulldog Blue
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
            Transfer? All I heard was a trip to Tampa last week………..You hear more?
            Angel has committed to the University of South Florida per multiple sources.

You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• DZ
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-from-gonzaga/
              I sure hope he does well. Every time I heard him interviewed and the two times I talked to him he was such a good guy. Quiet, humble, religious - he really deserves to have things go his way. He got buried behind a lot of talent.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• GlacierZag
                Bulldog Fan
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                I feel a little bad for Ryan Edwards
                he has done everything right, just like Kyle D.
                I hope they get their rewards here on earth, soon,
                as I am sure they will in heaven -- for being so dutiful to the zags

Although I hope we can recruit the best 3 we can get,
                I hope and expect that will still be lots of PT for Kyle D.
                What in the world would ever prompt you to write that???? You do realize that Ryan hadn't really had any coaching prior to arriving at Gonzaga. He was extremely ill and recovering his freshman year.

Ryan Edwards is so far ahead of "schedule" it isn't funny. He will get minutes next year, then will have 2 years to excel at Gonzaga.

Feeling bad for Ryan? I don't understand that in the least.

Comment

• SLOZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GlacierZag View Post
                  What in the world would ever prompt you to write that???? You do realize that Ryan hadn't really had any coaching prior to arriving at Gonzaga. He was extremely ill and recovering his freshman year.

Ryan Edwards is so far ahead of "schedule" it isn't funny. He will get minutes next year, then will have 2 years to excel at Gonzaga.

Two thumbs way up.

+1,000!!!
                  SLOZag
                  "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• MDABE80
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

No worries Glacier....... odd post. Maybe it came out wrong. We all have very high hopes for Mr Edwards. He'll be a huge asset. We know that.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                      Ryan Edwards will eventually get his chance. I still feel he's going to get more run than some people think next season. But by the time he reaches his junior year, he's going to be a huge part of the rotation.
                      He will be a solid rotation player for us during the upcoming season and a huge part of our success in the years to follow.
                      “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-from-gonzaga/
                        USF just picked up a very good player. I wish him the best of luck going forward.
                        “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• DZ
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2007

Me neither. From all reports he's well ahead of predictions coming in. He'll play quite a bit and I'll bet he will be in the hunt for the starting position his Junior year.
                          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                          Mark Twain.

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                            I'd say I am shocked they are all returning but I'd be a liar....this was something I thought was obvious from day one but then the speculation began..lol!
                            I almost predicted this would happen in the other 9 page Wiltjer speculation thread, but my not-so-smart phone was not letting me post. The Wiltjer family testing the waters was the right thing to do, and to our delight they made the right decision to stay for his senior year.

And I very much appreciated GoZags' input near the end of that thread saying his source(s) had all three bigs coming back. Thanks!
                            It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• robertperryhere
                              Redshirt
                              • Apr 2015

To anyone who doesn't know, I am the person who initially broke the news about Kyle Wiltjer leaving for the NBA Draft. That is obviously not true, as multiple media outlets have reported that he is staying at Gonzaga for his senior season. I broke that story because a trusted inside source (at the time) told me that Wiltjer was leaving for the NBA. Since the source never let me down in the past, I decided to tweet that information without fact-checking it. I later checked with my source, and learned that there was miscommunication. After talking with my source in detail, they then told me he was thinking about leaving, but nothing was official yet. I thought I could trust my source because they told me Karnowski was staying for his senior season a week ago. However, I learned the hard way that I cannot rely on one source, even if it is a trusted source. To everyone and anyone reading this, I sincerely apologize for my lack of ethical journalistic judgment with this whole situation. The mistake I made was stupid, and is one that I hope to learn from. I did not intend to create such a scene with the information I shared, so I am sorry for causing so much distress. Plenty of people have let me know about my mistake, and rightfully so. I hope to learn from this mistake and hope that I can regain your trust.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2013

Thanks robert perry. I accept. Not all news is reported accurately. Now we know. We realize we move on. Go bulldogs!
                                Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

Working...
                                X