Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Inside source close to Kyle Wiltjer to enter NBA draft - TROUBLE WITH BROWSER

I hope Karnowski and Wiltjer both return for next season, not just for the fans, but for them as well. I remember when Olynyk left thinking that it was the right choice and he really didn't have any more major steps he could hurdle at Gonzaga. But for both Karnowski and Wiltjer I feel like them leaving now would be a mistake. They both have aspects of their games that could see significant improvement with another year of college ball, which would greatly improve their draft stock. Regardless of what choice they make, I wish them both the very best and if either goes pro I hope I am proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    GZ knows stuff. I fhe says it, all of em will retur for a FF run.
    Doc .... please keep in mind what I'd also written in post 192 on this thread .... http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...96#post1114396

We always have to remember that things can be fluid (or ... as I like to say, nothing is in the bag until it is in the bag). That being said, it's the belief of folks that "should" know that all three bigs will be back.

There's a problem with being "definitive" and 100 percent certain with these kind of things. Minds can change ... someone could tell a person they'd write them a BIG check ... but the bottom line is ... all three "should" be back.
    I can't think of a better example than this ... the person I heard the "all three bigs will be back" is the same person, 4 or 5 years ago that whispered Kyle Wiltjer would be coming to Gonzaga out of Jesuit. We all know ... that didn't happen (until later) ... but the "thinking" at the time was Kyle would be a Zag from the beginning.

Again ... nothing is ever in the bag until it is in the bag.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

GZ I'm thinking that of yesterday you are correct. In the end, with a situation like this, I think we all know something freakish could happen at the 11 th hour. Your statement was given in good faith. If sombody bolts, it wouldn't be shocking. As of now though, I think your statement is correct. ......barring any temporal lobe siesures causing abrupt amnesia

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Australia's worse than Europe? He plays in Perth, the San Diego of Oz.
    I was talking about the quality of pro basketball.
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Kyle isn't projected in any of the most reputable mock drafts. Also, we should remember how Wiltjer transferred to Gonzaga and departed from Kentucky. Via social media. The rumor mill kicked in and the conversations that followed helped him gauge what people thought. Furthermore, Kyle isn't ignorant to the fact that he is a certified NBA prospect (6th in Wooden), but just not a 2nd rounder for some reason. For Kyle to NOT put out the "possibility" of his entering the draft would be foolhardy. People go to college to get jobs. Why on Gods green Earth would Kyle not want to gauge his value? Using the social media strategy seems to work quickly, albeit risky to ones self esteem and not exactly reassuring for anyone until he finally decides.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Ah, my bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGonzagaFactor View Post
    I was talking about the quality of pro basketball.