Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside source close to Kyle Wiltjer to enter NBA draft - TROUBLE WITH BROWSER

Default Inside source close to Kyle Wiltjer to enter NBA draft - TROUBLE WITH BROWSER

Robert Perry @robertperryhere · 15m 15 minutes ago
    Inside source close to Kyle Wiltjer says that he is forgoing his senior season at Gonzaga for the NBA Draft.

Robert Perry @robertperryhere · 12m 12 minutes ago
    Source said that all of Wiltjer's stuff is out of his living space and that his car has not been seen for several days on campus.

Source also said that Wiltjer is going to intensive eight week camp to improve his draft stock before the NBA Draft on June 25th.

Robert Perry @robertperryhere · 8m 8 minutes ago
    Wiltjer is currently listed as a first year graduate pursuing a masters in business administration.

Robert Perry ‏@robertperryhere 46s47 seconds ago
    @Matteo_Miguel The source told me it was an out-of-the-blue decision that is being kept under wraps for the moment.
    Last edited by BobZag; 04-15-2015 at 03:00 PM.
    "Life's too short to be unhappy so you wake up you just have to have a smile on your face and make someone else smile" - Rob Sacre

Quote Originally Posted by tlark420 View Post
    Inside source close to Kyle Wiltjer says that he is forgoing his senior season at Gonzaga for the NBA Draft.

Source said that all of Wiltjer's stuff is out of his living space and that his car has not been seen for several days on campus.

Source also said that Wiltjer is going to intensive eight week camp to improve his draft stock before the NBA Draft on June 25th.

Wiltjer is currently listed as a first year graduate pursuing a masters in business administration.

@Matteo_Miguel The source told me it was an out-of-the-blue decision that is being kept under wraps for the moment.

Not saying this guy is lying, I just don't believe this is true.
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Robert Perry has a good rep in the GU circles. Interesting, unexpected for what we had been hearing, and not wholly surprising for what most thought would happen when he first came here.

Hmmm, so kyle changed his mind? Damn kids, lol.
    Love the zags for life

If it's true, best of luck to you Kyle and thanks.

If true, makes us a top 20 team, not a top 5, 10 team. Bummer and must have been out of the blue. Stated after the game and tweeted about Rem that he was happy he would play with him again.

Dont understand the thought process behind it when he will be a second round pick at best. There is 0 chance he is a first rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by tlark420 View Post

OUCH!!! I was just getting used to the idea that we might not have Shem next year .... but losing both Shem and Wiltjer??!! That would be rough.

If this is true and Karno goes as well (both are up in the air) our program is in trouble. Must be something bad going on behind the scenes if TWO players leave early in the same year to play in Europe...
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Quote Originally Posted by TheGonzagaFactor View Post
    If this is true and Karno goes as well (both are up in the air) our program is in trouble. Must be something bad going on behind the scenes if TWO players leave early in the same year to play in Europe...
    IDK about that speculation, but never have heard of two guys in one year and one not being a foreigner going pro early to get a European contract. Neither guys are first rounders this year, and frankly i wouldnt be stunned to see both go late in the second round. As a guy who has worked with nba players in the past, I am bewildered by both situations, especially Wiltjers. No matter how you spin it, he just isnt a first rounder in the NBA draft.

If true, it would have been nice if had completed the semester. Gonzaga's APR rating could get dinged.

Default Who the Hell is Robert Perry?

Before I get my panties in a wad, I would like to know if he is a 16 year old geek with zits sitting at a computer pulling stuff out of thin air. I would sooner trust the bartender at Jack & Dan's.

Both are getting older and let's face it; You only have until your early 30s to make money playing ball. One year of college is a major cut in your money making potential,unless you are able to majorly improve your worth to the NBA. Neither Karno or wiltjer are likely to do that next year

Quote Originally Posted by TheGonzagaFactor View Post
    I highly doubt their decisions are any reflection on problems with the program. If you look objectively at both their situations, you might understand why they would leave.

Karnowski - will graduate this summer and can cash in with a big contract to play in Europe which, by the way, is where he is from.

Wiltjer - has already graduated and might feel he has done everything he can improve his NBA stock. He took a year off, improved his body, learned to play some defense and proved he is one of the best college shooters in the country. Perhaps he feels that he can't do anything else to improve and impress NBA scouts with one more year in college. If that is the case, he takes a shot at getting picked up by an NBA team and has a back-up plan to play in Europe where he will get paid quite well. If this is the analysis... why delay the inevitable another year.

Don't get me wrong, I can think of a thousand reasons why they should both return. I'm just not convinced that their potential departures is an indication of problems at GU.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    If true, it would have been nice if had completed the semester. Gonzaga's APR rating could get dinged.
    This and only this.

Kyle, along with his ambitious Father, were planning to 'seek serious counsel' this off-season. Not guaranteed he goes, as he was planning to test the NBA waters all along. All it takes is ONE GM or Coach to like you.

I heard he was planning/looking into early entry interest, his Dad was very direct about this as well.

Not surprising in the least, but I would say there is still a chance he returns for his senior season. He must have received better feedback than anyone was probably anticipating.

Best of luck to Kyle (and Kyle's dad).

The only way I see them leaving is if a pro team has giving them some sort of guarantee
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Can't he test the waters so long as he doesn't sign on with an agent? He can go to the camp and still return to GU if it's not looking like he will be picked right?

If in deed both players depart, then it will be tough next year as we will be really thin in the front court...only two bigs and one untested. It will be hard to replace FIVE starters, don't recall GU having to do that before...

Again, If they both depart, then recruits (PF & C's) will definitely see play-time possibilities...this is the only upside I see BUT would prefer both return for their "senior" season...

Can't he test the waters so long as he doesn't sign on with an agent? He can go to the camp and still return to GU if it's not looking like he will be picked right?
    The deadline for underclassmen to enter the NBA Draft is April 26, so players don't have a ton of time between the end of their season and the deadline to make a decision. The window is even smaller for players whose teams advance deep in the postseason. Testing the waters isn't what it used to be. It has to be done on weekends, and it involves individual and small group workouts.

The NBA combine (camp) begins May 12. Everyone at that camp has thrown their hat in and can't return to school.

Not to mention we'd be short five scholarship players too...

I dont think anyone has any doubts that he will test the waters with workouts and whatnot, but not hire an agent to leave the door open. Until those take place though I cant imagine an NBA guy thinking KW is ready and telling him as much.

If KW, Karno and Nunez all leave we will officially be back to being Guard U. Hope Edwards is ready to play 38 MPG lol.

I'd like to think he's just going home to visit and will be in a new house/apartment next year.
    Go Zags!!!

Slipper Still Fits @slipperstillfit
    · 28m 28 minutes ago
    Despite some reports, we are hearing that Kyle Wiltjer is still in the process of making any decision on his future.

Screw it here is my new starting lineup:

Perkins
    Emac
    Draino
    Backamus
    Sabonis

Don't forget we have Connor Griffin too. We can make this lob city all day!

I know we are going to be a small team, but with backdoor cuts, and immaculate celebrations on the court, I don't think we are beatable.... Sabonis brings the fire, perkins brings the flash, backamus can bring the air guitar. Forget Earth, Wind and Fire.....

We have:

Flash, Fire, Guitar.....
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Welcome to the big time. Goes with the territory. Most top programs lose early entrants to the draft every year, regardless of whether the player is NBA ready or not.