Quote Originally Posted by AzZag View Post
    April 26th
    Appreciated
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by AzZag View Post
    April 26th
    That's for the NBA - he's looking at Europe, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BBzag View Post
    That's for the NBA - he's looking at Europe, right?
    This is a fan message board. To my knowledge, there isn't a single board member in Shem's inner circle. It is known that he has had an opportunity to play as a pro in Europe since before he arrived at Gonzaga. As far as any NBA aspirations I know of nobody who knows. Perhaps some of the staff have an idea but I sure don't

All I know is that I wish him well. He is a great Zag and I am hoping he comes back for his senior year.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Edwards is ready. Shem is a 1st rounder this year if he decides.
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanzagger View Post
    Edwards is ready. Shem is a 1st rounder this year if he decides.
    No, he is very clearly not, according to every single draft website.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    This is a fan message board. To my knowledge, there isn't a single board member in Shem's inner circle. It is known that he has had an opportunity to play as a pro in Europe since before he arrived at Gonzaga. As far as any NBA aspirations I know of nobody who knows. Perhaps some of the staff have an idea but I sure don't

All I know is that I wish him well. He is a great Zag and I am hoping he comes back for his senior year.
    Fair enough, let me rephrase - April 26th would be the deadline for declaring for the NBA draft, but he still could decide to go pro overseas after that. Based on his tweet, he's considering something.

I'd be sorry to see him go if he went, but regardless, hope he makes whatever the best decision is for him.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

This is sort of coming out of left field, at least for me. I thought he was settled into leading the team as a senior.

I really hope he still does, he was coming on so strong at the end of the year, especially in the tourney.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

That wouldn't be a smart decision to go to the NBA now. Poor free throw shooting and the need to be a better defender in the paint should be enough inspiration to extend his GU career.

I would not assume that any European wants to play in the NBA...some do....some don't...

It would not surprise me a bit if Sabonis decides to play in Europe and doesn't return to Gonzaga. Malaga is a beautiful place to live.

4th best defensive center in league.
    Love the zags for life

Karno is in that precarious position of "advanced" age - even though centers are known to need more time - so he needs to have another season of solid dominating numbers. Euro money will always be there, just depends on what he wants to shoot for.

IMO the fact Przem is making this public says to me he will stay in Europe and be close to his family. His way of breaking the news

Going overseas is something that is at least a guarantee barring some catastrophic event. He isn't projected as a 2nd rd pick and IMO, he hasn't lost the weight needed to improve his vertical leap, his burst speed, and his overall stamina that is needed to make NBA GM's and coaches excited. Plus, if McClellan, Dranginis, Perkins and Melson can handle the pressure, then we will be primed for another deep run and another 30 win season.

Why in the world would Karnowski want to go overseas this year when he can still go next year and the odds of ever getting into the NBA after not getting drafted are low. IMO, he still has upside if he can get down to 265 lbs and show that he can consistently go strong to the rim. Meaning he needs to jump 3-4 inches higher.
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

On the cusp of 'breaking through'...he can be dominant. Move up to a Top-20 draft pick. This year he's a 2nd Rounder at best.

As the case in past seasons, he's received lucrative offers overseas.

Unlike Sabonis, he has a family to think about, yet dint thi k it's NBA whispering in his ear, rather his home country.

IF Karno can play as he did February & March for an entire season, he could be 1st Rounder next season & a career back-up, change of pace, defensive center in the League.

If he goes this yr, I'd he afraid he never reachea that potential...also, oversea contracts are hardly guaranteed in most cases.

Stick around big fella, it will pay dividends. Show them you can dominate when you want to...

Any chance that he would take a late career redshirt to work on his physical conditioning for a year with Coach Knight? I agree that his best shot at the NBA is if he slims down and improves his quickness.

The NBA is off the table. Europe beckons and for some reason it has become attractive to him. Perhaps family circumstances or just a sense of having done all his can do with players/friends who are departing.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    The NBA is off the table. ...........

QFT
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

The NBA is off the table. Europe beckons and for some reason it has become attractive to him. Perhaps family circumstances or just a sense of having done all his can do with players/friends who are departing.
    Right now, definitely.

But he came on so strong late. IF he could lose a lot of weight to get down a little below where he came in to the season this last year, and had an entire season of growth like last year - he'd have to be strongly considered in the late first early second.

I think the weight thing matters a lot. If one remembers, early in the year he was dunking the ball, a lot. He really ballooned up over the year, and still played well.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Default Best Ront Court in the country

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    On the cusp of 'breaking through'...he can be dominant. Move up to a Top-20 draft pick. This year he's a 2nd Rounder at best.

As the case in past seasons, he's received lucrative offers overseas.

Unlike Sabonis, he has a family to think about, yet dint thi k it's NBA whispering in his ear, rather his home country.

IF Karno can play as he did February & March for an entire season, he could be 1st Rounder next season & a career back-up, change of pace, defensive center in the League.

If he goes this yr, I'd he afraid he never reachea that potential...also, oversea contracts are hardly guaranteed in most cases.

Stick around big fella, it will pay dividends. Show them you can dominate when you want to...
    Lets face it if he comes back its the best front court in the country and he will be the best true center in the country. Sure their will be doubters but the players are a proud group they dont need to speak to prove anything. They know who they are and what they can do. If he comes back I just want to see him throw 1 three pointer a game. If he comes back the only thing missing is a name for this front court and it will need this name in the future so we can reference the group that make it up more readily. It will be remembered in ESPN flashbacks for years. It will be that good and it will need a Brand worth of this proud group.

I really like Mt K alot. More then Coach K, and he can be the center at Gonzaga University who is remembered forever. Years from now we could all be walking the corridor of the Kennel and see a drawing of him on the walls. I disagree with Jazz about how good he is. I believe he really made a name for himself in the NCAA Tournament this year. He is a GREAT passer, and has improved in that area every year. And he can be a force on the offensive end of the court.

I believe he will be back because I think he loves Gonzaga. His passion for the game, and for GU, grew every week. I know he is one guy who wanted to make it to the Final Four really bad. He played well against Duke, but it was not his best game of the year by far, and I think that that will eat at him. And he will return to make it to the Final Four next year. Wiltjer will have the same motivation. In the end, with the support of his family and friends, he will return to finish what he started 3 years ago. Love is a remarkable thing. We love you Mr. Karnowski.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

This seems right.

I wish he would stay. Does anyone think that he has a shot a the NBA next year or if that even matters to him? Would he be truly happy staying in the U.S.? Life here may just not feel meaningful to him.

Come back PK!

Default Is my memory faulty?

Now wait a minute. When the coming of Karnowski was heralded just a few years ago, there was some comment that he wanted to play in the NBA someday and GU was attractive because it had gotten some guys into the NBA. Was that just so much fluff from the GU Public Relations Department for the media types?

And if he were homesick or looking to play in the Polish version of the NBA, I would think he would have left by now.

I believe you are right on all counts.