Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tweet from Karno re: His Future

Default Tweet from Karno re: His Future

https://twitter.com/PKarnowski/statu...66295242940416

Via Google translate: "Gets more and more questions about my future , I have not made ​​the final decision. Time will tell , of course, will tell you !"

*gulp*

Interesting and scary to know. Having him tweet about it himself, he must be struggling with the decision. I hope he comes back but if he's set to graduate and is staring at lots of money overseas can't blame him.

Of the three bigs, he is the one we would miss the least. That's a relative statement as it would be great to have him back.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Of the three bigs, he is the one we would miss the least. That's a relative statement as it would be great to have him back.
    True. But it would take us from Final Four contenders to "let's pray we make the Sweet 16."

I've heard around here he can graduate this summer if he takes some summer school.

Weird, I thought this was settled.

I agree with Jazz, but no question we need him back if we want to be top 10
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I disagree. He's proven and he gives us a glimmer of hope against uber athletic teams by stuffing the paint. Although I'm high on Edwards, Bonus and Wiltjer you just can't dismiss what Karnowski contributes so easily.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    I disagree. He's proven and he gives us a glimmer of hope against uber athletic teams by stuffing the paint. Although I'm high on Edwards, Bonus and Wiltjer you just can't dismiss what Karnowski contributes so easily.
    Totally agree with you. The offense runs through him in the low post in a way neither Sabonis or Wiltjer have shown the slightest inclination of approximating. Also his interior defensive presence is head and shoulders above the other two. Haven't seen enough of Edwards to know if he can do some of the things Karno does.

I wonder if the idea of his housemate Pangos leaving is weighing on him. Kevin and Gary seemed to have a talent for bolstering spirits, but PK still has Rem. I hope the younger guys will make an effort to rally around him and the team identity.

Last time I checked, he's not listed on either the 2015 or 2016 mock lists at draftexpress.com.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Last time I checked, he's not listed on either the 2015 or 2016 mock lists at draftexpress.com.
    He could make a good chunk of change in Europe and improve his draft stock every bit as much over there as he could in one more college season in the WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Isn't it playing professionally in Europe what he is weighing as an option? That was my understanding.

Karnowski always plays huge in big game for us. He is one of te three we would miss the least but this takes us from top ten down to like 20 ... We need karnowski
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    I was far from dismissive of him. Ok, which of the three would you least miss if he left?

Isn't it playing professionally in Europe what he is weighing as an option? That was my understanding.
    It would be interesting to find out how close he is to graduating with a degree from Gonzaga. That could also be a factor in the decision making process.

Need our starting center back -- doesn't make sense to say we don't need him and will use a forward to fill in at the center spot (out of the 3 we would miss him the least--doesn't make much basketball sense).

If he remains, he will play well for GU. If he leaves, GU will play well without him.

The best programs in the nation successfully deal with player turnover with regularity. GU is one of those programs.

You open up roster spots and those open spots go a long way toward influencing the decisions of potential recruits.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    If he remains, he will play well for GU. If he leaves, GU will play well without him.

The best programs in the nation successfully deal with player turnover with regularity. GU is one of those programs.

You open up roster spots and those open spots go a long way toward influencing the decisions of potential recruits.
    A-freakin-men. Well said. Comforting.

He is my favorite. I think he has improved each year and have to believe this year would not be any different. I would really love to see him play as a senior.

I think he'd leave a "huge" hole to be filled... The offense ran through him. I'm anxious to see Ryan's development, but if Shem's not back I agree with Goatee in that it would drop us down a level.

Is there a timetable that he has to make his decision by???

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I'm behind Shem no matter what he does. He's easily one of my favorite players of all time. I just like the guy. I also think he would be sorely missed. Remember him against Arizona in the round of 32 last year?

Shem will make a good decision, no matter what he decides I won't be dissapointed. With that said, I believe he still has some to improve on, and next year could be very valuable for his draft stock. I don't think he has hit his ceiling just quite yet. He has the ability to take another step forward next year and i hope he decides to come back.

Would be such a fun front court to watch next season if he returns, we would have the depth as well as the luxury to mix up some lineups, especially with Edwards coming on board.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by MTZag03 View Post
    I'm behind Shem no matter what he does. He's easily one of my favorite players of all time. I just like the guy. I also think he would be sorely missed. Remember him against Arizona in the round of 32 last year?
    As Seahawks fan would say.... Beast mode. He played really well against Arizona this year too

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

I just gotta believe he'll be back.

This is his team now. He's the senior, he's the one who will be introduced last in the starting line-up with the Kennel club patting the floor. he and Wiltjer need to come in and lead all these uber-talented younger guys.

He'll take ownership of it - his team. That's how it has to be framed to him.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Is there a timetable that he has to make his decision by???
    April 26th