Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Off-season Transfer Thread

I was surprised that Lee didn't wait for Stanley's decision:

Is Victor Ruiz still in the mix for next year? I have not heard his name come up for a while.
    This bird has flown.

Maybe Lee didn't wait because he knows that Johnson is staying?? Not saying that's the case but he might know more than we do. I have to give Stanley some props for taking his time with the decision. I can see it both way, he will be a 1st rounder this year but he could be a top five guy next...tough call!

Louisville lands No. 1 transfer Lee

Rick Pitino wanted to add a pair of graduate transfers to replace Chris Jones, Terry Rozier and Wayne Blackshear on the perimeter for Louisville.

After landing a key commitment from Cleveland State lead guard Trey Lewis last week, Louisville secured a monster commitment from Damion Lee, the fourth leading scorer in the NCAA last season, who signed a financial aid agreement Thursday to play for the Cardinals next season...

Dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Dammit.
    Perfect!

Last edited by ZagNative; 04-23-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Dammit.
    I hate going through this period every year.

You guys are crying with two loaves of bread under your arms.

And Stanley finally decided today, he's gone. Not a big surprise, don't know why he waited so long since this seemed to be a foregone conclusion all along.

Zags will be good enough next season as is. Transfers who need to RS and a frosh or two for 2016-17 would be just fine.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Zags will be good enough next season as is. Transfers who need to RS and a frosh or two for 2016-17 would be just fine.
    +1

Nothing new, but another write-up on the Vladimir visit - http://www.zagaholic.com/2015/04/vla...mpus-gets.html

Agreed on this although I think one guy that can contribute on the outside this year would be optimal. I would like to see at least 2 guys that would RS for development and a role in the 2016 season.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post

Arizona lands Tollefsen.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Arizona lands Tollefsen.
    Good for him! I hope he doesn't play the game of his life next year against us like he did last year.

Agreed on this although I think one guy that can contribute on the outside this year would be optimal. I would like to see at least 2 guys that would RS for development and a role in the 2016 season.
    I think we get too greedy sometimes. 99% of colleges don't have 5 guys able to manage 3 spots in the backcourt. Inexperience may be a concern but the talent is there. Also believe griffin can provide minutes next year if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyzaggy View Post
    Nothing new, but another write-up on the Vladimir visit - http://www.zagaholic.com/2015/04/vla...mpus-gets.html
    Gonzaga offers. Great! I also see alot of potential in this kid, with some very good help. As I said before, he has a real nice looking jump shot. One way you can tell is to look at the elbow on his shooting arm. Beautiful.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Sterling Gibbs of Seton Hall just became the most desirable transfer that is eligible immediately. 16ppg, 4apg, 2:1 A/TO and he has two years of eligibility left. Really nice player that just came on the market today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Sterling Gibbs of Seton Hall just became the most desirable transfer that is eligible immediately. 16ppg, 4apg, 2:1 A/TO and he has two years of eligibility left. Really nice player that just came on the market today.
    Huh. Wow.

Sounds like a player.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

2 yrs of eligibility? Is this Drew Barham redux?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Gibbs did get suspended for cheap shotting a player this year... but tons of people on his staff and the media came out to defend his character.

I will say this-- the kid can play. Has the potential to be one of the best scorers in the nation. Would be a great addition, imo as I am not completely sold on what we have at the 2 as far as "final four" caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    2 yrs of eligibility? Is this Drew Barham redux?
    Except that he scored more and played more than Drew.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Lots of talk on the UConn boards about this guy planning to transfer and join the Huskies that pre-dates his formal announcement ... You of course have to take these things with a grain of salt, but I'd say it's possible that his destination has already been decided.

Blurb on the evening news locally tonight about Gibbs stating Gonzaga is potentially going to land him. Seems there must be something to it for it to make the local news.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Except that he scored more and played more than Drew.
    My question is/was how is he immediately eligible with 2 yrs. left? Did he get a degree in 3 years? Thanks.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.