Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-season Transfer Thread

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello · 2h2 hours ago
    San Francisco transfer Mark Tollefsen tells ESPN he will visit Arizona next weekend.

Likely mere dreaming, but if Few could bring in Lee and NWG, wowzers, what a coup.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello · 2h2 hours ago
    San Francisco transfer Mark Tollefsen tells ESPN he will visit Arizona next weekend.
    At best, he'd be a spot player for AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I would say 90% chance hes at Maryland, maybe higher.

Dude is from that area, great friends with Melo Tremble, could fill an empty spot left by Dez Wells and they are a championship contender. Would be shocked to see him go anywahere else.
    well if we do miss out, I'd rather see him in a Maryland uniform, than lose him to Arizona and have to play against him.

ve RS. Perkins will be the guy. Can Lee play 1-3? How would we balance EM,KD,BA etc. I dont mind having this problem but something will have to give.
    Lee is a 3. It would be Drang taking the hit yet again. I'm fine with it if he is.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Likely mere dreaming, but if Few could bring in Lee and NWG, wowzers, what a coup.
    Dare to dream!

I've always felt Tollefsen acted & thought he was better than he really is...this proves how I've felt. Never interacted or listened to teammates, attempted every shot under the sun, unnecessary reactions, etc.

He won't do squat at Zona, yet best of luck to his bball future.

Tollefsen is a damn solid player in my opinion. Don't forget about that LMU kid that transferred to Kansas and ended up being a big contributor. I think Arizona is too deep (deeper than the fore mentioned Kansas team) to use Tollefsen extensively, but I could easily picture the young man getting ample playing time for a most PAC programs.

I don't see why USF is leaking their best players. Didn't they lose a good forward/center to UW a couple years back?
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    I don't see why USF is leaking their best players. Didn't they lose a good forward/center to UW a couple years back?
    Yep, Perris Blackwell. Always a thorn in the side of the Zags while he was at USF. Was okay at UW but didn't excel.

They also lost 2-3 of their starting guards to transfer over the last 2-3 years---only stand playing for Rexy for so long before you need to get away from him.

Jeff Goodman retweeted
    Bluejay Banter @bluejaybanter · 8m 8 minutes ago
    Former Kansas State guard Marcus Foster will be taking an official visit to #Creighton this weekend. He's also considering Zaga, Cincy & LSU

Quote Originally Posted by IowaZag View Post
    Jeff Goodman retweeted
    Bluejay Banter @bluejaybanter · 8m 8 minuutes ago
    Former Kansas State guard Marcus Foster will be taking an official visit to #Creighton this weekend. He's also considering Zaga, Cincy & LSU
    Marcus foster? He's magic! That would be a HUGE get
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    6'2" guard, scored 23 vs Arizona early in yr., 6-9 from 3. %'s weren't special & PT < slightly from Fresh. yr.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

"Look out Stockton You got posterized!!" Lol just kidding this would be interesting.

Can anyone speculate on how the process is going to work with respect to the prospective transfers? It appears that there are more than a couple of potentials out there that are looking at Gonzaga, I imagine that the staff has made contact already with those players that they would like to have. I believe we knew Wesley was headed our way before the end of May last year. Is it wrong to assume we may actually be in a position this year to turn away potential transfers because of the success we had last season with Wesley? Will the potential transfers be scheduling visits? Is this a case of first come, first served?

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    Can anyone speculate on how the process is going to work with respect to the prospective transfers? It appears that there are more than a couple of potentials out there that are looking at Gonzaga, I imagine that the staff has made contact already with those players that they would like to have. I believe we knew Wesley was headed our way before the end of May last year. Is it wrong to assume we may actually be in a position this year to turn away potential transfers because of the success we had last season with Wesley? Will the potential transfers be scheduling visits? Is this a case of first come, first served?
    Each case is different. There really is no set timeline you can go by.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Being dismissed from the team is the only thing that would make me nervous.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Quote Originally Posted by MR.HUSTLE View Post

"Look out Stockton You got posterized!!" Lol just kidding this would be interesting.
    Go do some digging on Foster - you wont like what you find. He was an unruley headcase at KSU this past year. Maybe Few and Co could get him under control, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo13 View Post
    Go do some digging on Foster - you wont like what you find. He was an unruley headcase at KSU this past year. Maybe Few and Co could get him under control, maybe.
    Please. Look at what mark few has done with headcases. Do you see any problems on campus. Have you seen any on campus since the one incident with Heytvelt and Davis? Didn't think so. Nobody really liked what they saw from Emac last year either. "Headcase, kicked off two teams, transfer, ball hog, blah blah blah"

Point is Mark Few is like Bill Belichick in a way. You do it the Gonzaga way, or you go home. Its that simple. That's probably the first thing that happens in the visits. if he don't think he can control them, then there's no way he is going to become a bulldog.

You would be surprised.
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Please. Look at what mark few has done with headcases. Do you see any problems on campus. Have you seen any on campus since the one incident with Heytvelt and Davis? Didn't think so. Nobody really liked what they saw from Emac last year either. "Headcase, kicked off two teams, transfer, ball hog, blah blah blah"

Point is Mark Few is like Bill Belichick in a way. You do it the Gonzaga way, or you go home. Its that simple. That's probably the first thing that happens in the visits. if he don't think he can control them, then there's no way he is going to become a bulldog.

You would be surprised.
    I will say this... many many years ago, there was a transfer that came in, quietly, and had to meet certain expectations during summer classes. He didn't and never stepped foot on the court... Most people never knew he was even at GU at any point. So the GU way or go home thing rings pretty true.

The risk with Marcus Foster - it addition to the fact that he was suspended 2 different times and then kicked off his team by one of the nicest guys in the coaching profession - is that he wants to be a point guard instead of a shooting guard to enhance his NBA stock. This was a major source of the friction between him and Weber. The problem is that Foster isn't and never will be a point guard at either level. He doesn't have it in him. What he happens to be is a great shooting guard at the college level. I would be surprised if he comes to GU. Josh Perkins is the PG of the future.

I have tried to keep track of who is considering a transfer and /or uncommitted yet for next year. Here is who I came up with (that is considering Gonzaga).... am I missing anyone?

BRANDON BAILEY - 6'7" SF out of Utah, de-committed from AZ State.

DAMION LEE - 6'6" guard from Maryland, graduate transfer from Drexel

FREDERICO MUSSINI - 6'3" guard from Italy, would enter as a Freshman

MARCUS FOSTER - 6'3" guard from Texas, Freshman transfer Kansas State

NIGEL GOSS-WILLIAMS - 6'3" guard from Oregon, Sophomore transfer from Washington

With the uncomfortable news that we might be losing both Wiltjer and Karnowski, we need more than before some new talent to join the ranks next year.

Goss-Williams would be a huge catch IMO.

As to those who are potential transfers, does anyone know when a decision has to be made---or is expected---by these players?
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by ZagLawGrad View Post
    Goss-Williams would be a huge catch IMO.

As to those who are potential transfers, does anyone know when a decision has to be made---or is expected---by these players?
    depends but I want to see B Wes made his decision around mid May
    Go Zags!!!

You would be surprised.
    While that is true, one must also look at how much the upper classmen have to do with keeping somewhat troubled players in line. From the little I've heard, the answer is "a lot."

And, because of that, I think we have less freedom to do so for this coming year.

No one would cross Gary and Kevin last year, not unless they wanted to face never seeing the court. But, this coming year, if it is true that KW and PK are leaving, we'd suddenly become very young and, though Few would have a huge impact, the atmosphere wouldn't be quite so stable as this year.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.