Line: Kentucky -11.0

ALSO:
    WCBB Sweet Sixteen
    ̶(̶1̶1̶)̶ G̶o̶n̶z̶a̶g̶a̶
    (3) Tennessee

ESPN
    Tip 4:00 PDT
    Go Lady Zags!
    Last edited by caduceus; 03-28-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Default Saturday 3.28 Elite 8 Games Thread

Did my chores so I could watch the Badgers & Wildcats. . .should be great theater

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

For all my bracket pain, I was looking at the sheet, and I have 7 out of the 8 elite teams penciled in. I missed on Louisville.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Kentucky is a huge favorite over UND (87% per Nate Silver). I think that game will be interesting though if the Irish can hit their 3's. Gotta wonder which of Wisc/UA matches up best with UK. I think UW has more size and is probably better built to face UK. That said, I don't see anyone stopping Kentucky.

Dixie: I didn't do as well as you, but I did have all the left side of the bracket correct in the Elite 8, plus Gonzaga. My East bracket exploded along with most everyone else. Foolishly picked Utah to beat Duke as well.

Anyone else getting tired of having 3 commentators (1 play by play and 2 color) in the booth? Too damn much talking. We can't sit back and let the game come to us and draw our own conclusions. Just like the Zags game. They didn't need Grant Hill in the booth, nice guy that he is. I'm getting a headache from all this chatter. Guess that's what the mute button is for.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    For all my bracket pain, I was looking at the sheet, and I have 7 out of the 8 elite teams penciled in. I missed on Louisville.
    I'm the same as you Dixie. I had NC State to the Elite 8 instead of Louisville.

Nice little flop job by Kaminsky. Continues to be an epidemic in college basketball.....the "charbage"

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Charbage?src=hash

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Nice little flop job by Kaminsky. Continues to be an epidemic in college basketball.....the "charbage"

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Charbage?src=hash
    yellow card worthy that one was

I really do not understand Wisconsin. They just don't make a real effort to get kaminsky on the block. He gets most of his buckets driving, but last year used nifty footwork down low to just abuse people. Why don't they give him the ball down there? And decker is a total unknown...6 ft 9 guy with handles that can shoot and is a crazy athlete, but plays about as passive as possible. Last game he was aggressive and destroyed unc...not doing anything in this game.

We have the "what would I fix about the NCAA tournament" thread.

I would have Barkely be the commentator for every game.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by john montana View Post
    I really do not understand Wisconsin. They just don't make a real effort to get kaminsky on the block. He gets most of his buckets driving, but last year used nifty footwork down low to just abuse people. Why don't they give him the ball down there? And decker is a total unknown...6 ft 9 guy with handles that can shoot and is a crazy athlete, but plays about as passive as possible. Last game he was aggressive and destroyed unc...not doing anything in this game.
    did Ashley pick up those 2 quick fouls guarding Kaminsky in the post? I missed the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    did Ashley pick up those 2 quick fouls guarding Kaminsky in the post? I missed the beginning
    Yes. Miller went with the risky move and put him back in at the 11 minute mark with 2 fouls and it paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    Yes. Miller went with the risky move and put him back in at the 11 minute mark with 2 fouls and it paid off.
    thanks. Ashley a difference maker so it goes back to john montana's point about Kaminsky in the post

Tennessee 10
    Lady Zags 13
    13:59 1st

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Tennessee 10
    Lady Zags 13
    13:59 1st
    ZAgs 18
    Vols: 12

12:32 First.

Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    thanks. Ashley a difference maker so it goes back to john montana's point about Kaminsky in the post
    They dumped it in to start the half. I think kaminsky is as tough to guard down there as okafor. Major weapon...just don't think they use his post up enough.

Quote Originally Posted by john montana View Post
    They dumped it in to start the half. I think kaminsky is as tough to guard down there as okafor. Major weapon...just don't think they use his post up enough.
    he hurt them last year from down there too. don't go for the shot fake and dare him shoot it while you're in front of him. easier said than done of course and he's got the great shot fake, but if the defender can stay down, you got a chance

(3) Tennessee 34
    (11) Lady Zags 34
    Halftime

I need Arizona to turn this around to keep my final four intact.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    (3) Tennessee 34
    (11) Lady Zags 34
    Halftime
    Love the gray unis. Guys team really needs to check those out. Hard to see the numbers though.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I need Arizona to turn this around to keep my final four intact.
    Three of four regions have pretty much played out as expected.

man the Badgers get a lot out of the triple threat shot fake

Dekker is like a 7/8 scale version of Casey Calvary. It's crazy how similar they look on TV and even their games/style are pretty similar. Love that guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Sam Dekker is really good. The thing about Wisconsin that they have an advantage over their opponents with is every guy on the team can shoot pass and dribble. All 5 guys out there can take you off the bounce, as well as shoot it from outside. Versatility is an underrated advantage.

kind of does look like Calvary, and he's going off 7-10 from the floor, 4-5 from deep, 4-5 from the line off the dribble