Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is strange. I'm not euphoric.

Default This is strange. I'm not euphoric.

So, I sit here having my morning coffee, reading all the media from last night. I'm satisfied. I'm content. I'm not euphoric. I'm very happy that the boys performed to seed thus far and escaped two curses. The first weekend curse and the dreaded curse of aught 6. I'm not sure how I'll feel Sunday. This is super weird. I always imagined that if we ever reached the elite 8 again I would be over the moon. Am I the only one? If anything throughout the course of this run, the Zags have been extremely consistent; mostly performing to seed. Now we get to see how the boys perform when they need to perform _above_ their seed.

I hope Sunday evening, I'm looking for flights to Indy. Then I think I'll be euphoric.

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    So, I sit here having my morning coffee, reading all the media from last night. I'm satisfied. I'm content. I'm not euphoric. I'm very happy that the boys performed to seed thus far and escaped two curses. The first weekend curse and the dreaded curse of aught 6. I'm not sure how I'll feel Sunday. This is super weird. I always imagined that if we ever reached the elite 8 again I would be over the moon. Am I the only one? If anything throughout the course of this run, the Zags have been extremely consistent; mostly performing to seed. Now we get to see how the boys perform when they need to perform _above_ their seed.

I hope Sunday evening, I'm looking for flights to Indy. Then I think I'll be euphoric.
    My heart is full...that's what I'm feeling. It's a special time to be a Zag.

I feel the exact same way, Adopted.

I was semi-euphoric after Iowa. It was such a performance and really crushed the jinx. Last night, I felt if we just played our game and nothing weird happened, we'd win, comfortably. We did.

Now, now I'm hungry b/c we can bite a piece that we're not supposed to bite. As great as it all is that we've finally gotten back to the E8, we've only performed to seed and the biggest obstacle - Iowa State, was drilled out for us.

We can go in tomorrow loose and experienced, while Duke might be a little tight and young. I respect Duke and they likely beat us in a 7 game series, but I really like our chances tomorrow. I'd really like our chances if we were in an arena with decent shooting expectations. But, it might be a case where the team that figures out the NRG shooting enigma first, wins. I like that.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Once a goal is reached you want more. If it wasnt Duke I think satisfaction would be complete. A feeling of more to prove comes with the territory of playing Duke.

I'm pretty tired this morning. Didn't sleep well last night because of how happy I was. Woke up pretty early and couldn't get back to sleep because I had the Zags on my mind. I think that deep inside we know that there is more work ahead of us, and we're kind of saving our emotions today for tomorrow afternoon/evening. There is usually a lull the day after a great win, and when you only have one day to get ready for the next game I think that inside we try to just rest. That's what I'm going to do anyway. REST AND RELAX
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

The chance of being 40 mins away from another week of media speculation, stories of old being passed around, the boys getting love at home for a few days before Indy, give me that and I'll be euphoric.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
    I walked over 20 miles to watch the Zags

If u can, watch the game again...dont get caught up on the "whats next." Dook is tough......and if it helps, think like this: the team has every chance of being as good next yr

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    If u can, watch the game again...dont get caught up on the "whats next." Dook is tough......and if it helps, think like this: the team has every chance of being as good next yr
    If only the seniors leave, yes, a chance, but more likely takes a half-step back.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    If only the seniors leave, yes, a chance, but more likely takes a half-step back.
    Fair enough, Beez. But we only glimpsed Jenks and even Melson. Add Eddie and a full year of Mac plus a major 3 transfer from Powerfive U. and I think we will be ok. Different, but just fine. Dont forget, the bigs who stay will all improve as well, esp the Bonus.

Karno has been improving his draft stock during the past few weeks. I was hoping he'd save the behind the back passes for his senior year.

How does a college team not take a step back when it loses a conference POY and a conference DPOY, who have combined for over 120 wins in their careers?

I am awaiting the emergence of Silas and Josh next year, but it will take time.

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    So, I sit here having my morning coffee, reading all the media from last night. I'm satisfied. I'm content. I'm not euphoric. I'm very happy that the boys performed to seed thus far and escaped two curses. The first weekend curse and the dreaded curse of aught 6. I'm not sure how I'll feel Sunday. This is super weird. I always imagined that if we ever reached the elite 8 again I would be over the moon. Am I the only one? If anything throughout the course of this run, the Zags have been extremely consistent...
    Same.

Wink

At the end of the day, it's just a game and these are just kids. Be happy and enjoy it. It is suppose to be fun and a chance to be proud on your school. It's not going to change your life.
    No sense in playing an in-state rival if you have to eat lopsided defeats. It's just like the great Athenian orator and statesman Demosthenes once said -- and I'm paraphrasing -- it's better to be called a chicken and not lose to Gonzaga than to be called brave and get blasted.

- Parrish, CBS Sportsline 12/11/2006

Fair enough, Beez. But we only glimpsed Jenks and even Melson. Add Eddie and a full year of Mac plus a major 3 transfer from Powerfive U. and I think we will be ok. Different, but just fine. Dont forget, the bigs who stay will all improve as well, esp the Bonus.
    It's early morning, for me, so...... Who's Eddie?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagquette View Post
    At the end of the day, it's just a game and these are just kids. Be happy and enjoy it. It is suppose to be fun and a chance to be proud on your school. It's not going to change your life.
    It's changed mine...first time I ever decided to drive to Houston at the last minute... lol

It's early morning, for me, so...... Who's Eddie?
    Edwards........Go Juve!!!!!

Who is "Eddie"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagquette View Post
    Nice to meet you Mr. Buzzkill!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Edwards........Go Juve!!!!!

Got it.

If the front court returns and you get a senior Karno, Wiltjer and a improved Sabonis and Edwards.. that will be very difficult to stop.

But cant take anything for granted. Lots of teams thinking they can get back the next year in every sport once they have gotten there once. Usually doesnt happen. Gotta take advantage of the present. BEAT DUKE!

I will be euphoric after we beat Duke.
    You can't not get any higher than that.
    Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    I will be euphoric after we beat Duke.
    You can't not get any higher than that.
    Go Zags!

After our previous two meetings with Duke, to beat THEM to go to the FINAL FOUR i would be above air. There is no other team i would rather beat to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    It's changed mine...first time I ever decided to drive to Houston at the last minute... lol
    Awesome!

To the OP, I feel that a yellow and baby blue monkey that has been there since a fateful trip to Oakland in 2006 is now finally off my back...

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    After our previous two meetings with Duke, to beat THEM to go to the FINAL FOUR i would be above air. There is no other team i would rather beat to get there.
    +1. Although beating Michigan St would be a close second.

I have come to the conclusion that we, the entire collective of Gonzaga University, lost our NCAA tournament virginity back in '99. We cannot, nor should we expect to feel just like we did on the first time of anything. If Gonzaga hoops is a drug, we have been chasing the dragon for 15 years, expecting a feeling that is impossible to duplicate. If Gonzaga basketball is our spouse and we have been married for 15 years, who would think that any night will match the first night on the honeymoon.

So why worry about how we should feel, because there are a lot of teams who don't have anything close to what we have. We lost our tourney virginity way back on March 18th, 1999 and it has felt great ever since!!
    “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I feel the exact same way, Adopted.

I was semi-euphoric after Iowa. It was such a performance and really crushed the jinx. Last night, I felt if we just played our game and nothing weird happened, we'd win, comfortably. We did.

Now, now I'm hungry b/c we can bite a piece that we're not supposed to bite. As great as it all is that we've finally gotten back to the E8, we've only performed to seed and the biggest obstacle - Iowa State, was drilled out for us.

We can go in tomorrow loose and experienced, while Duke might be a little tight and young. I respect Duke and they likely beat us in a 7 game series, but I really like our chances tomorrow. I'd really like our chances if we were in an arena with decent shooting expectations. But, it might be a case where the team that figures out the NRG shooting enigma first, wins. I like that.
    This. I feel the same way
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Might be the most important game we've played! It's a big one!! This game with Duke, if won, elevates us tremendously. I think we can win this one. Defense is key. I'd get those experienced seniors on the court in droves. Guards must be shut down. I do think we can handle their bigs. The battle will be won or lost in the back court.