Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Utah V. Duke

Default Utah V. Duke

Looks like both these teams are suffering from the same "Dome Disease" that are game had.

7-5 at near the 12:00 timeout?

Who do we want?

I kind of want Duke.

But, I know we are likely better off facing Utah.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I really don't care who we get. We got the jitters out of us. Game on for whomever!

Naa. Duke by 15. Going inside. Their K is better, smarter.

man, come on. classic Duke BS...that call makes no sense at all! it's revealing, and I hate saying that

Duke getting ref home cooking like usual. Terrible call on wright for a 3rd foul.

Disgusting call if I were larry I would get a T now

Few better be ready to push refs on Okafor charges.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    man, come on. classic Duke BS...that call makes no sense at all! it's revealing, and I hate saying that
    Which is why I'd rather play Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    good call man

I am trying to stay away from my conspiracy theory tendencies on this match-up, but it sure does seem that CBS would love them some UK v. Duke in the final.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Utah is falling to pieces without Wright in there. He is so essential to their team.

If Duke wins, it will be interesting to see how GU defends Okafor. I just wouldn't double him. It opens up too many driving lanes. Notre Dame just rotated different guys on Okafor and made him work. He scored a bunch of points, but it frustrated the rest of Duke's offense. If Karno and Sabonis can stay out of foul trouble, I have to believe they could defend Okafor better than NDU's guys.

Utah totally dispirited.

anyone remember Anthony Myles? not a big name but he was schooling Duke's Sheldon Williams for Xavier years ago in the tournament, Elite 8 game I think, not sure, anyway

Sheldon Williams started to back into Myles, and "tweet"

whatever...seen this crap before

Koach K has no shame, seems to feel entitled to this favored treatment. Won't see that from Izzo, Pitino, Few.

Sheldon Williams, OKC guy that got away. Didn't do anything of note post Duke.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Utah is falling to pieces without Wright in there. He is so essential to their team.

If Duke wins, it will be interesting to see how GU defends Okafor. I just wouldn't double him. It opens up too many driving lanes. Notre Dame just rotated different guys on Okafor and made him work. He scored a bunch of points, but it frustrated the rest of Duke's offense. If Karno and Sabonis can stay out of foul trouble, I have to believe they could defend Okafor better than NDU's guys.
    Interesting.

But, with the difficult shooting environment, wouldn't you double (or at least pack it in) until they show you they can hit threes? I would think that is damn sure what they're going to do with us.

I hope Few spends near the entire practice tomorrow letting all the guys just bomb away until they feel comfortable. We are going to have to hit some 3s to win against Duke.
    Mark Twain.

Hah, Coach K mad at the call against Okafor, expect the newly chewed out refs to call more in favor of Duke.

Hah, Coach K mad at the call against Okafor, expect the newly chewed out refs to call more in favor of Duke.
    That's what I mean. Shameless

Refs experienced enough to get a Sweet 16 game really ought to know better than to cross Coach K.

I can tell right now it is going to be awful Sunday.
    Mark Twain.

But, with the difficult shooting environment, wouldn't you double (or at least pack it in) until they show you they can hit threes? I would think that is damn sure what they're going to do with us.
    yeah, but those doubles create driving lanes, and Jones and Winslow exploit them. Your perimeters have to recover immediately after he throws it out of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Sheldon Williams, OKC guy that got away. Didn't do anything of note post Duke.
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post

I'm kinda in the Notre Dame frame of mind in letting Karnowski and Sabonis take him one on one. It's Winslow and Jefferson that scare me from duke. And they both benefit from doubles on Okafor.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    exactly
    Perhaps the ugliest player in CBB history.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Somehow married Candace Parker. Biggest upset in basketball history?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    ha! a unique look for sure

That 3rd foul called on Utahs starting point guard was worst call of the tourney. Utes gotta stay in the 8-10 point range of Duke until half
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags