Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday's Opening Round Mega Thread

Default Friday's Opening Round Mega Thread

Ranking the 16 NCAA tournament games on Friday based on watchability

1. No. 5 West Virginia (23-9) vs. No. 12 Buffalo (23-9) | 2:10 p.m., TNT [Columbus]

2. No. 6 Providence (22-11) vs. No. 11 Dayton (26-8) | 9:57 p.m., truTV [Columbus]

3. No. 8 Oregon (25-9) vs. No. 9 Oklahoma State (18-13) | 6:50 p.m., TBS [Omaha]

4. No. 7 Wichita State (28-4) vs. No. 10 Indiana (20-13) | 2:45 p.m., CBS [Omaha]

5. No. 7 Iowa (21-11) vs. No. 10 Davidson (24-7) | 7:30 p.m., TNT [Seattle]

6. No. 7 Michigan State (23-11) vs. No. 10 Georgia (21-11) | 12:40 p.m., truTV [Charlotte]

7. No. 4 Maryland (27-6) vs. No. 13 Valparaiso (28-5) | 4:40 p.m., TNT [Columbus]

8.) No. 5 Northern Iowa (30-3) vs. No. 12 Wyoming (25-9) | 1:40 p.m., TBS [Seattle]

9. No. 2 Virginia (29-3) vs. No. 15 Belmont (22-10) | 3:10 p.m., truTV [Charlotte]

10. No. 3 Oklahoma (22-10) vs. No. 14 Albany (24-8) | 7:27 p.m., truTV [Columbus]

11. No. 4 Louisville (24-8) vs. No. 13 UC Irvine (21-12) | 4:10 p.m., TBS [Seattle]

12. No. 2 Kansas (26-8) vs. No. 15 New Mexico State (23-10) | 12:15 p.m., CBS [Omaha]

13. No. 8 San Diego State (26-8) vs. No. 9 St. John's (21-11) | 9:40 p.m., CBS [Charlotte]

14. No. 1 Duke (29-4) vs. No. 15 Robert Morris (20-14) | 7:10 p.m., CBS [Charlotte]

15. No. 2 Gonzaga (32-2) vs. No. 15 North Dakota State (23-9) | 9:50 p.m., TNT [Seattle]

16. No. 1 Wisconsin (31-3) vs. No. 16 Coastal Carolina (24-9) | 9:20 p.m., TBS [Omaha]

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    That's one of my faves. Got it saved n my pc and use it now and again.

I like basketball

And we are under way ...
    So many brackets, so little time.

OK, so the GA St and UAB upsets yesterday were out of the blue shockers to me. Ohio St and UCLA, not unreasonable.

Where will the shocker upsets be today?

These are the teams that I think just flat can't win today (therefore are eligible for shocker upset status)

UC Irivne
    Albany
    NDSU
    Belmont
    Buffalo
    Valpo
    NMSU
    Coastal Carolina
    Robert Morris
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

In recent history, Rick Pitino has had success recruiting top Seattle kids (Terrance Williams, Peyton Siva, Shaqquan Aaron). Do you think his visiting Seattle will help in his pipeline with Seattle?

Good article on the three recruits listed above, including troubles with Aaron, Pitino has mixed results with Seattle recruits

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    That's very funny...lol

Kenny Gaines is legitimately a dirty player. Just blatantly tripped a Michigan State player from behind who was leaking out for a fast break.

I just heard in the GA v MSU game that, "Moving screens have been a point of emphasis this year." Did the WCC get the memo?

Quote Originally Posted by spike_jr View Post
    I just heard in the GA v MSU game that, "Moving screens have been a point of emphasis this year." Did the WCC get the memo?
    Perhaps they just took it the wrong way.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    OK, so the GA St and UAB upsets yesterday were out of the blue shockers to me. Ohio St and UCLA, not unreasonable.

Where will the shocker upsets be today?

These are the teams that I think just flat can't win today (therefore are eligible for shocker upset status)

UC Irivne
    Albany
    NDSU
    Belmont
    Buffalo
    Valpo
    NMSU
    Coastal Carolina
    Robert Morris
    People say that Buffalo is very good and capable. I have no idea. But, so many people have said it that I guess it won't qualify as a shocker.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by spike_jr View Post
    Maybe BYU intercepted the mail?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    Kenny Gaines is legitimately a dirty player. Just blatantly tripped a Michigan State player from behind who was leaking out for a fast break.
    Yes, I saw that too. Really dislike Georgia and especially their coach. Hope Mich State and Izzo dispatch them emphatically today
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Yes, I saw that too. Really dislike Georgia and especially their coach. Hope Mich State and Izzo dispatch them emphatically today
    Yep. good post.

ETA: Glad we don't have the winner of that game. Face either Izzo, or loose another player to Gaines.
    Mark Twain.

I truly love an Izzo coached team. Georgia player was on the ground right as the game went to TV timeout and two Michigan State players came over and helped him up when the Georgia guy's teammates left him hanging.

I need a home for a couple of weeks. Is there room under your tent? Go Zags !!!

Always room for good guys like Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada Don View Post
    You're always welcome here ND

BTW, Don - in case you don't know, it was Georgia's Gaines that broke Perkins' jaw.

Last time we played them they hurt Pargo
    Mark Twain.

I'm just bummed that Murray State doesn't have a shot at a Big12 opponent today, that would be a nice warm up for a Zaga game.
    How to ride a horse:
    Step One - Mount the horse.
    Step Two - Stay mounted ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada Don View Post
    Always room Don.

Like Dixie mentioned.

We don't really like Georgia here …….just saying

Actually I was just surprised Georgia even made the tournament (take a look at their schedule, who they played, and who they beat). Then you couple with their style of play which is described as 'erratic' at best with the lack of discipline in the team and the way Fox carries himself, they make it a stretch as a neutral fan to root for them. I am just glad Michigan State isn't in the South Region (Regardless of the their team's talent, never want Pitino or Izzo in your bracket).

I think Kansas' demise is largely exaggerated. They look sharp.
    IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Good support for early game in Seattle.

From around the Twitterverse:

Bruce Pearl on Mike & Mike:

Mike & Mike ‏@MikeAndMike 5h5 hours ago
    “Nobody is beating UK but 3 teams are built to play with them - Arizona, Wisconsin & Gonzaga." - @coachbrucepearl
    Excellent!

IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE