Thread: I Know, I Know, but IF, what time would Sunday's game be?

Default I Know, I Know, but IF, what time would Sunday's game be?

Title says it all.

No disrespect to the Bison, but IF we get by them, does anyone know what time our game WOULD be on Sunday? Thanks.

Go Zags.

It likely won't be announced until after the game on Friday.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Quote Originally Posted by HRZag View Post
    Title says it all.

No disrespect to the Bison, but IF we get by them, does anyone know what time our game WOULD be on Sunday? Thanks.

Go Zags.
    IF we don't get by them, I know what time. Sorry...had to do it.
    montanazag88
    P....A....TIENCE!

I did look ahead on DirecTV guide and they are showing the TBS games at 3:00 and 5:30, but of course, no teams listed.

They never let you know until all the matchups are set, that way they can set the times to maximize their audience. We wouldn't know until a couple hours after Friday's game is over.
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

...but if you absolutely NEED a time, a time to wait outside the Key for tickets, or a time to watch the TV, it's 2:00am. Just hang in there and you shouldn't miss a thing!

Will not be officially announced until the games on Friday, but... ...recent history may give us some good hints...

http://mattsarzsports.com/

last year's Sunday game-times were:
    (all times Pacific)
    9am
    11:30

2pm
    4 (San Diego)
    4:30
    5:30
    6:30 (San Diego - GU vs AZ)

So the Sunday western site last year had a "double west coast" game to close out the day. This years if TV wants the west coast teams late, it's GU, Oregon, SD St, & Boise St as potential options. Ducks vs Wisc would be the only game ~equal to GU as far as TV goes (IMHO).

Also, last year's Saturday western site had the 2nd to last time grouping: 3pm--5:30pm

2 yrs ago (2013) there were no western sites on Sunday. Both western sites were on Saturday and filled the last two time slots: 3pm--5:30pm & 4pm--6:30pm. (GU played at 5:30pm that day)

The year before that was the same as 2013 - 2 west coast sites took the last 2 sets of times on Saturday. (GU played at 11:30am that day at an eastern site)

Finally in 2011, the last year on the reference site, the 2 west coast sites on Saturday didn't take the last two sets, but they still didn't take the super early slot: 2pm--4:30pm & 3pm--5:30pm. (GU played at 4:30pm that day)

Conclusion?
    The two AM times are 99% out. Beyond that, my guess is the later the start time, the more likely it is that it'll be GU's game. So probably 6:30pm. (Only once in the past 4 years has a west coast site started earlier than 3pm on the weekend.) But it really depends on what the TV guys think once they see the full slate of Sunday games.

(this is all hypothetical info for if GU wins Friday)
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011